Online Scheduling

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello,

Tonight at our monthly meeting we discussed going to an online scheduling system for shifts. Do any of you have experience in this department? I have coded one myself, but it wasn't really designed for EMS use. What software do you have experience with and what do you like about it? Is it commercial or open source?

Thanks,
-Wu

Anjel

Forum Angel
I absolutely loved! Net Scheduler.

You can have the schedule, people can request time off, swap shifts, send out mass emails, give up shifts for people to just pick up.

It was so simple. And it can be set up to send out pages as well.

My current employer just uses an excel spreadsheet and emails. It is a pain.

Also can be used as a time clock.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTswag

Forum Crew Member
both the hospital-based EMS systems i work at use whentowork.com.... awesome platform, allows you to set up announcements, has an open tradeboard, submit availability, and the best part is you can see what truck and with who you are rostered to for the published schedule, as well as who is staffing every other truck in the system.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
We use Kronos online. The handy thing is that you can look at your own clock in/clock out records.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
We use whentowork, and I love it.

The only thing you need to remember is, it's A SCHEDULING PROGRAM. nothing more, nothing less. other programs can do more than it can, but when it comes to scheduling, W2W is the best I have ever see.

Kronos is nice (used it at my old job), but W2W is much more user friendly from an end user standpoint. Kronos can do a lot more (payroll, etc), but W2W is a much easier program to use for scheduling.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
We use Net-scheduler.
The only issue I have with it is that employees cannot send emails/messages to each other, only to the scheduler.
But I suspect that this could easily be changed.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Ours is Zoll Rescue Net Crew Scheduler. it handles payroll/timesheets, schedule etc.

And it's from Zoll...so there is prob something better out there

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We use Schedule Force for our working schedule. When we clock in and clock out we can view our hours on Kronos.

Very confusing at first but once you get used to it, it's fairly simple.

Talonrazor

Forum Probie
WhenToWork looks awesome for what we need. Right now we use Excel spreadsheets and I would love to change it...

94H

Forum Lieutenant
We use Zoll Rescue Net also. It only works on Internet Explorer, which sucks since I have a Mac and iPhone.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We use ADP E-Time. I haven't found a reason not to like it. You can see the schedule all the way through the current shift bid, who you are working with, request PTO, swap shifts, pick up OT, review your hours, see pay-stubs.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We use ADP E-Time. I haven't found a reason not to like it. You can see the schedule all the way through the current shift bid, who you are working with, request PTO, swap shifts, pick up OT, review your hours, see pay-stubs.

That's the one thing I don't like about our system. To look at the schedule I have to log onto one website. To review my hours I have to log into a different website. And to see my pay stubs I have to log into yet another different website.

We use over 5 different websites for work :glare:

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmmm... So no free solutions eh?

We don't need timesheets and stuff, it's for a volunteer station, but our Chief is disinclined to spend money for something that is currently done by one of the full timers by hand and eventually typed into ms word.

I guess if I want a system that is less clunky, I'll be writing my own...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We use PlanitEMS. Compared to the old Excel sheets sent by email, it's awesome. The schedule gets posted on Friday and then you can log in and pick up the unpaid shifts instead of having to call a supervisor or dispatch. There's a tradeboard and a messenger as well (the latter is a bit abused by the management looking to fill shifts last minute but oh well). It doesn't do time sheets (payroll uses our log sheets), but it does pretty much everything else well and is useable from any browser. I wish they had a mobile version for my iPhone, but it's manageable.

Here's there pricing: http://planitems.com/Pricing.aspx

MochaRaf

Forum Crew Member
both the hospital-based EMS systems i work at use whentowork.com.... awesome platform, allows you to set up announcements, has an open tradeboard, submit availability, and the best part is you can see what truck and with who you are rostered to for the published schedule, as well as who is staffing every other truck in the system.

Hey Swag, you work at SMC?

And to OP: A few of our hospital use whentowork.com, pretty easy system to use and you can access it from your mobile smart phone etc.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Hmmm... So no free solutions eh?

We don't need timesheets and stuff, it's for a volunteer station, but our Chief is disinclined to spend money for something that is currently done by one of the full timers by hand and eventually typed into ms word.

I guess if I want a system that is less clunky, I'll be writing my own...
how about this one? http://whentohelp.com/