New NBC series "Trauma" this fall

Bluestar

Forum Probie
I never got to see Paramedics, but I love Trauma and Code Blue. I wish they could make new seasons.

Trauma: Life in the ER is shooting new episodes. Most of the counties around here got a letter about it telling us what was going on and if we were shown on the epsiode we would have to sign a waiver. I was transporting a pt. to Vanderbilt a couple of weeks ago and they were taping. B)

medic417

The Truth Provider
the cowboys are going to lose, so you might as well get some laughs by watching trauma :p

i have a lab tonight, but i'm DVR'ing it so i can watch later

Nope Cowboys will win you can chisel that down in stone.

I'm DVR'ing the game to so after I watch it live I can enjoy it again and again.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
I think I have a toilet or five to scrub tonight.

Cory

Forum Captain
haha, well now this show is going to scare all the people who nothing about EMS off. "A look into the most dangerous medical profession!"

I like how the air-ambulance randomly collides with another helicopter, or how the flight medic calls the pt.'s wife on his cell phone while he is being resuscitated.

Emergency! was a look at reality, Third Watch was a realistic Drama, and Trauma is hollywood EMS. Next thing you know, Tom Cruise will be a paramedic.

Surname Levi: I read your review...does the series REALLY start out with two medics bagning in the back of the ambulance??? Defines the whole series...

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Third Watch was a realistic Drama

Um... no... Third Wach was better than most, but by no means was a realstic show (anyone who has been in the field for any length of time could watch any episode and pick it apart until nothing was left... unless they view the show purely as mindless entertainment). The only semi-realistic EMS shows out there are the ones on channels like Discovery Health that actually follow real EMSers in the field and hospital... and even then, we all know that they are only showing a small portion of what really happens; the portions that look "cooler". Anyone who thinks that any television drama (EMS, hospital, law, police, etc...) is realistic has no real experience in those fields...

The producers need to sell the show to make money... you sell the show by making it look cool and exciting; at least more so than it actually is... After all, most people don't turn on the TV to be educated... they watch TV for the entertainment... and Trauma will be mindless entertainment, if nothing else. Take a look at shows that are as highly acclaimed as ER; I don't know of any hospital that has that much drama, disasters, and medical mishaps (unrealistic medicine) going on. They are soap operas and have very little basis in reality.

Don;t get me wrong, I love a lot of these shows; but purely for their mindless entertaining value (and a laugh). Unfortunately, the public watches shows like these and think that this is how it really is. They therefore have unrealistic expectations for what happens in real life... and like was mentioned here, some youngin's will see this show and others like it and try to enter the field for the guts and glory, without a clue on what it is really like or the ability to actually do the job...

But, yes... I will watch at least once to laugh...

Last edited by a moderator:

surname_levi

Forum Crew Member
haha, well now this show is going to scare all the people who nothing about EMS off. "A look into the most dangerous medical profession!"

I like how the air-ambulance randomly collides with another helicopter, or how the flight medic calls the pt.'s wife on his cell phone while he is being resuscitated.

Emergency! was a look at reality, Third Watch was a realistic Drama, and Trauma is hollywood EMS. Next thing you know, Tom Cruise will be a paramedic.

Surname Levi: I read your review...does the series REALLY start out with two medics bagning in the back of the ambulance??? Defines the whole series...
its just the review from jems magazine. i have not seen it yet, but it would not suprise me that the review is pretty accurate.

about your first comment. with the fact the show is going to action packed. i would suspect that the amount of students would increase instead of decrease (depends on the ones personality). i can just imagine some frat boy jock whatever or some stoner getting all excited watching the show and thinking hes going to enter some career that doesnt require any pre-requisites to get into and get to experience this crazy life like on tv

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Funny... the show is on in the east... yet no replys about it yet... could it be that the realism is so good that no one can pull themselves away from the TV?

j/k... I have already heard some of the "great" realistic stuff from you east coasters...

watchout for the influx of whackers to the forums...

medic417

The Truth Provider
Wow most realistic show ever.:rolleyes:

Actually still watching my Cowboys skin the panthers.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow most realistic show ever.:rolleyes:

It is not on yet on the west coast, but from what I hear... I NEED to watch it and document the number of screw ups... I am guessing it will reach the 200 number mark... lol

Sasha

Forum Chief
Sooo painful. Ouch ouch ouch.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Does every shift start with people banging in the patient compartment? If yes then very realistic, if not then it might stretch the truth slightly. :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
Does every shift start with people banging in the patient compartment? If yes then very realistic, if not then it might stretch the truth slightly. :p

Does every female medic start and end the shift with her hair looking so perfect??? It's even down and in the way yet not dripping with fluids.

However, that's my new CPR technique. Looking like you're kneading dough while shouting "COME ON!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!"

I'm especially going to do that during an MCI!

Second

Forum Lieutenant
I'm especially going to do that during an MCI!

I was laughing threw the whole show, and yea doing CPR in an MCI. I know who goes on in the back of the trucks, I'm not getting freaky with any girl back there!!

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
I know who goes on in the back of the trucks, I'm not getting freaky with any girl back there!!

If she is as hot as the blond chick on Trauam why not! ha ha..

Overall, I thought it was a decent first episode... I'd give it a 7/10. Hopefully future episodes have more of a story behind them..