New NBC series "Trauma" this fall

Sasha

Forum Chief
Apparently we push amiodarone and shock asystole...

And apparently, occasionally, patients with OPAs sit up, smile, and then die again, without choking on or spiting out the OPA.

And hysterical parents can help out with medical procedures WITHOUT gloves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Definitely a good recruitment tool... doesnt do much for retention though...

ya... cause we all want that sudden influx of "guts and glory" teenagers without a clue who want to run towards exploding tankers and say things like, "If I don;t do something, she will die!" (In a william Shatner voice). and no offense intended to any here on the forums... lol

mark my words... the influx of whackers will be great...

Like after 101 Dalmations came out 15 years ago... everyone had to have a dalmation... 2 years latter... the pounds were chockd with them... wait... can we euthenize whackers we don;t want... :p

JPINFV

Gadfly
Caretaker and lifesaver. Nancy has the gift for medicine. She even has an MD. She graduated med school to make dad the doctor proud, but took a detour before her internship and became a paramedic instead. Dad was none too happy about that.

Now that's taking artistic license for a spin and then some.

Cory

Forum Captain
What I meant by Third Watch being realistic was that it was aimed at being an every day depiction of the job and lives of public safety workers in NYC. I didn't mean the show is totaly realistic down to every detail.

Imo, Trauma doesn't fit this category. It is blatantly obvious to ANYONE watching the show that the scenes shown in just this first episode are not everyday type calls.

What I'm saying is, while Third Watch wasn't the real thing, itt's focus was on reality, where Trauma's focus isn't.

The show was pretty bad. The dialogue was terrible. The story...well basically the story was one girl is a slut, everyone hates the flight medic, and they're all still shaken up over an event that happened a year ago. The story wasn't solid at all. I am curious as to how the rest of the series will go... poorly made, but it looked good in HD :p

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I made a list of errors that amounted to 15-20 before the first half hour at which point my cable cut out. It probably saved some brain cells. Even my non-EMS friend thought it was a joke.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
The worst part about this show?

It will get canceled, and canceled hard. When that happens, other networks will be like "People don't want a show about paramedics" and we'll never get a decent show.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I made a list of errors that amounted to 15-20 before the first half hour at which point my cable cut out. It probably saved some brain cells. Even my non-EMS friend thought it was a joke.

you didn't look hard enough... I have yet to see it and have been told of so many errors that they must amount to 500...

dmc2007

Forum Captain
He's still a student... I wouldn't expect him to catch much of it.

I've completed my course already (test results should be in this week) so hopefully I was able to pick up on a lot of it. The stuff I noticed was improper immobilization/extrication, inaccurate portrayal of operations (lack of fire/police securing the scene, Paramedics participating in EMD, helicopter landing on top of a building for an arrest with no landing zone established etc.), poor/inaccurate ABC's (the OPA issue, CPR, etc.), not obtaining consent (BMW driver), dangerous bleeding control management on the child that got hit with the Shrapnel, etc. This show may make a good training tool in this regard.

When the blonde started drilling on the arrest, was she starting an IO line?

dewd09

Forum Crew Member
I didn't like it at all. I actually found myself bored half way through.

tigo

Forum Ride Along
just watched it.. i'm a basic student and i could picture my instructor picking apart the whole thing..

story was weird, maybe it needed a 2 hour premiere instead of 1 hour to set it in.

at least the girls looked nice? haha

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I've completed my course already (test results should be in this week) so hopefully I was able to pick up on a lot of it. The stuff I noticed was improper immobilization/extrication, inaccurate portrayal of operations (lack of fire/police securing the scene, Paramedics participating in EMD, helicopter landing on top of a building for an arrest with no landing zone established etc.), poor/inaccurate ABC's (the OPA issue, CPR, etc.), not obtaining consent (BMW driver), dangerous bleeding control management on the child that got hit with the Shrapnel, etc. This show may make a good training tool in this regard.

First, yes you missed a lot... I tried to count the mistakes, but found it to be one large mistake...I lost count. Second... every mistake you list there was repeated over and over... This was not a medical show... it was SciFi/Fantasy... There was nothing remotly in keeping with modern medicine or EMS...

Per the protocols in my county, he would be considered altered. At least, I would consider hime altered.

based on what... they assualted him before they started any assessment to establish his altered status. He didn;t want their help... that is not reason to call them altered... the entire show was one assault by medics after another... Versed cause you don't want to hear the guy complaining anymore? And he gets called the best medic the pilot has ever seen?

PURE CRAP!!!

just watched it.. i'm a basic student and i could picture my instructor picking apart the whole thing..

story was weird, maybe it needed a 2 hour premiere instead of 1 hour to set it in.

at least the girls looked nice? haha

2 hours? IT shouldn;t have been one hour... it needs to be cancelled... I was ready to vomit... A slap in the face of EMS...

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
i wanted to watch it to see what it was like...but i went out for hunting supplies much better i assume.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
based on what... they assualted him before they started any assessment to establish his altered status. He didn;t want their help... that is not reason to call them altered... the entire show was one assault by medics after another... Versed cause you don't want to hear the guy complaining anymore? And he gets called the best medic the pilot has ever seen?

PURE CRAP!!!

Slow down turbo. I was refering to spinal immobilization, however, perhaps with just the backboard without cervical immobilization. No medic that wants to stay a medic will do the crap on that show. Just chill. I know a medic that would have probably just start an IV with an 18 guage, for kicks. In real life, I'd have to be documenting everything and ensuring he signed AMA with all efforts to persuade him to go with us the hospital. I have a another 72 tomorrow, calm down.