Most Wanted EMS Gifts?

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not even in to all the latest whacker gadgets, but even I wouldn't mind one of these. The shears, ring cutter alone, and the fact no one will confuse it with theirs? Yup.

+1. Foldable shears? Sweet! O2? Heck yeah. A ring cutter and window breaker I'll probably never use? I'll take it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I would not take the time to clean them the first time they got bloody. It's easy with the cheap ones, they get the job done and then you can just toss them.

Mariemt

Forum Captain
I would not take the time to clean them the first time they got bloody. It's easy with the cheap ones, they get the job done and then you can just toss them.

I was just wondering if you could rinse them off then soak them in a disinfectant for a few minutes

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
A previous EMTlife member emailed gerber to ask if the raptor was autoclave safe, it is not.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I never heard of the raptor until I saw this thread, looked it up and bust out laughing when I saw it.

However....
I would never buy a raptor for myself or ask for anyone to buy it for me...
*looks both ways*
That is not to say I would not accept one as a gift....
and like it....
But the sentiment ^ is the same lol

But seriously as far as "whacker" gear goes I'd actually kind of like a trigger style one handed bp cuff. I'm always fumbling around with the regular standard two tubes for guage and pump models, and I've seen our fire guys with the single styles, but unfortunately I havent had the chance to ask them what model/brand it is.

Oh and cant forget the Littman Cardiology III to go with it hahaha :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
But seriously as far as "whacker" gear goes I'd actually kind of like a trigger style one handed bp cuff. I'm always fumbling around with the regular standard two tubes for guage and pump models, and I've seen our fire guys with the single styles, but unfortunately I havent had the chance to ask them what model/brand it is.

Oh and cant forget the Littman Cardiology III to ho with it hahaha :)

Heah.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I never heard of the raptor until I saw this thread, looked it up and bust out laughing when I saw it.

Oh and cant forget the Littman Cardiology III to ho with it hahaha :)

The majority of fire departments here have the trigger style BP cuffs and Littmans. I'm jealous of those.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Somebody told you they loved you? :cool:

Yeah, it was pretty odd I had to listen again :p

Since it's a wish list, why not ask for what we really need....

A portable teleporter so I can teleport the 500lb patient directly to the ER. Would also cut down on response times.:D

Why didn't I think of this? Definitely top of the wish list.

The majority of fire departments here have the trigger style BP cuffs and Littmans. I'm jealous of those.

Trigger style? so they have the bulbs to inflate and then the trigger to release the Pressure? We have those they are pretty cool

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah, it was pretty odd I had to listen again :p

Why didn't I think of this? Definitely top of the wish list.

Trigger style? so they have the bulbs to inflate and then the trigger to release the Pressure? We have those they are pretty cool

Yep. The bulb to inflate it is connected to the gauge and the air release valve is a trigger.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Yep. The bulb to inflate it is connected to the gauge and the air release valve is a trigger.

Yeah they are really nice I like them cause it feels like I have more control on the release where as the old valves with the screw on them get tight or too loose and you either release to quickly or are struggling to release the air.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
yeah, what he said.

plus i've had more than my share of ER staff or coworkers "borrow" ,y trauma sheers, and they are never seen from again. or dulled the blades on jeans or other tough materials that they don't cut any more.

I'm going to stick to my cheapies.

MrJones

Iconoclast
A Raptor isn't worth full price to me, but went it goes live on the pro site and I can get it for 50% off....

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Oh and cant forget the Littman Cardiology III to go with it hahaha :)

We have them. When I go back out to the unit from my hard post I'll PM you with the brand/model. They're awesome. I hate standard BP cuffs now.

Also have a Master Cardiology. People always ask to borrow my scope.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I have a one handed trigger cuff. Mine is from ADC. Worked a lot better than the crap we had on the BLS trucks. :)

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a one handed trigger cuff. Mine is from ADC. Worked a lot better than the crap we had on the BLS trucks. :)

ADC here also, one rig I used to work on had a set that had one dial gauge with the trigger and multiple cuffs worked kinda nice.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
ADC here also, one rig I used to work on had a set that had one dial gauge with the trigger and multiple cuffs worked kinda nice.

Yeah. The system 5. We just stopped carrying them on the medic units. They never got used, and every BLS ambulance has a set. (We're moving to a smaller truck and we're eliminating unused stuff to save space.)

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah. The system 5. We just stopped carrying them on the medic units. They never got used, and every BLS ambulance has a set. (We're moving to a smaller truck and we're eliminating unused stuff to save space.)

Those big Chevy 3500 are nice though! What are you guys thinking of going to?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Those big Chevy 3500 are nice though! What are you guys thinking of going to?

Suburbans. Two have already arrived and will go in service in the next few weeks. I don't think they have the "cool factor" of the squad bodies, but they're really more practical in every way for our system. Price wise, the number people say they can buy two customized Suburbans for every one squad body. Gas mileage should be roughly twice what we get now, they're more maneuverable, and we really don't need the amount of space we have in the backs now since we cut down on carrying most of our BLS equipment.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Suburbans. Two have already arrived and will go in service in the next few weeks. I don't think they have the "cool factor" of the squad bodies, but they're really more practical in every way for our system. Price wise, the number people say they can buy two customized Suburbans for every one squad body. Gas mileage should be roughly twice what we get now, they're more maneuverable, and we really don't need the amount of space we have in the backs now since we cut down on carrying most of our BLS equipment.

Ahh I c,, so you do not transport so to speak. You drive your suburban to the BLS rig, and Medic rides the BLS truck while the other follows in the SUV.

We used to be like that, and it saved a ton of money, but being that 2/3 of the BLS units in my area are still volunteer if they need to send a 2nd due truck a paramedic unit could be sitting on scene 20 minutes waiting for a transport truck. So it was axed for the chase MICU to be a transport truck in the event that you can transport if you really needed to.