Looking for a good watch

DCE27

Forum Ride Along
I'd also recommend avoiding cloth band watches, I work for a hospital based ambulance service so I wash my hands a lot and the wet band will chafe, and of course it stays wet for awhile.

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Night time

Hey all

Sorry for bumping such an old post but I'm in the market for a new watch.

I'm interested in 3 things for sure..

-Stainless Steel type bracelet watch
- Easy reading 2nd hand
- Something easy for night time readings

Any suggestions?

feldy

Forum Captain
since this opened again...im looking for a new one too....something thats not too expensive but still decent quality

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, duh...

207990115.jpg

Everyone will laugh at you if you don't have a genuine EMT watch.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
You have to upgrade to this one once you get your medic.

s13C.jpg

8jimi8

CFRN
haven't read the thread, my 2 cents.

get a watch with a rotating bevel. So great for taking vitals.

Sassafras

Forum Captain
I have a pnik generic walmart watch I bought for 13$, that took us two hours to set to military time, that has a analog and digital face and has an alarm I can't figure out how to unset that wakes me every morning at 145. It is also "water resistant" which I dont undertand the difference between water proof and resistant, and will sometimes tell you the date if you ask very nicely while pushing random buttons.

Although I rarely remember my watch and often use my EMTs. In a pinch my phone has a timer/stopwatch/seconds counter and i have also managed to set my phone to military time to write down vitals.

I have this exact same watch and it's set to 4 a.m. and wakes me every morning LOL. I can't unset it either!

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
I looked for how well the second hand contrasted against the face of the watch. How wide the hand was and how well it contrasted against the background color.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Whatever you buy, buy something cheap. It would really suck to buy an expensive watch then lose it, break it, or fill it with some bodily fluid.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Last edited by a moderator:

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm getting a cool casio. This one can be had for $45.

mdv102-1av_xlarge.jpg

It has both glowing hands and an incredibly bright backlight. I'll write about it when I get my hands on it.

MDA

Forum Lieutenant
Freestyle U.S.A. "Combine." Also know as "Shark" watches.

yhst-87903144566711_2108_5732129

Awesome watch.
Normal glow in the dark watch hands with glow in the dark numbers, digital time/timer/date.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
G-Shock tough solar , been wearing mine now daily for about 4 years and still looks brand new. This daily wear included a mobilization to A-stan to boot. Full of great features, stop watch, world timer, led light, never needs battery and can be had for about $100 or less depending where you get it.

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/watch/gshock/awg-101-1aer/

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
LED better than Indiglo

You can use it to find the way to the bathroom at night. Generally, get a metal wristband, it can be cleaned better than leather and lasts better than plastic.

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Whatever you buy, buy something cheap. It would really suck to buy an expensive watch then lose it, break it, or fill it with some bodily fluid.

And this is why I am so glad I was wearing the 5 dollar cheapo the day I assisted with an explosive birth. Two weeks later and I STILL feel dirty. I tossed the watch. I couldn't deal with it...and btw, gloves offer no protection when the body fluids run UNDER the nitril. I might as well have submerged my hand in a basin of the stuff.

somePerson

Forum Crew Member
um...you can buy a $5 watch, as long as it has a digital second timer/second hand and you can get a resp rate/pulse rate you're good to go.

EMTthealmost

Forum Ride Along
bump it up! lol !for those that are starting in this world like me¡

just got myself a nice casio ga-200 watch.... quick buy no good.. didnt realize no second hand (analog/digital) and it has a digital screen but its reverse lcd it has a light but its not an lcd light gahh goin back go to pawn shop and getting either money back or another gshock

only real reason why i am going to get a gshock is i was looking at emt reviews on youtube and i watched one get soo beat up, but still fully function after. i was like incredible haha never saw a watch get abused so bad and still function 100%

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
At Macy's they have a brand called Unlisted by Kenneth Cole. They have a ton of different styles and colors for $29. They are actually pretty nice quality for the price. I usually buy 2 at a time. I wouldn't pay more than that for a work watch since I lose them every time I take them off to do CPR.

Also, some hospitals are actually outlawing wrist watches now due to the infection risk. You have to have a clip on or fob watch.

BW00584a.jpg

Edit: Necro-thread! Didn't realize it was from 2010

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Holy thread resurrection! Haha