I.C.E. - In Case of Emegency

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I.c.e.

Have you guys heard about this? I guess it started overseas and is starting to become popular over here.

Ice Contact

I guess what you do is put ICE next to one of your contacts on your cell phone and if police/fire/ems needs to contact someone for you then they grab your phone and scroll down to ICE and call that person.

Sounds pretty cool.

Anyone use this out on the streets yet?

Chimp

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Great Idea, first I've heard of it, but I'm going to add it to my nextel.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I got this in my email the other day, and was thinking of posting it. As usual Chimp beat me to the punch.

By the way, this is actually real... I just checked with Snopes.com and they say it isn't a hoax, and the folks that say it will cause your phone to go bad are full of crap: Clicky

In theroy, this is a great idea for ED's espicially... how many GSW'd gang-bangers come in with a cell phone that is still ringing (all).... how many are unconscious or altered (most)

Might not work in an MCI, as folks will often be seperated from their phones, but for the every day codes and GSW's... it will give the ED staff the ability to contact someone.

Other suggestion is to create the entry with a space in front of the letter I - that way it will be at the top of the phonebook.

Jon

emtbuff

Forum Captain
That sounds like a good Idea. Might have to consider putting something like that on my cell.

vtemti

Forum Captain
Excellent idea to me also. Sounds like we need to spread the word and start utilizing this.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
NBC in Tampa just had a little blurb about ICE in their 11:00p news report(s). I bet in a month this thing will be all over the place.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by vtemti@Jul 21 2005, 09:34 AM
Excellent idea to me also. Sounds like we need to spread the word and start utilizing this.
I agree, which is why I pinned the topic so it doesn't drop off.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I was going to register the domain name http://www.icecontact.com so as a site we could put information online to spread the news, but it seems as though they already have a great site online.

Great concept, I'm programming mine right now :)

Frankie

Forum Probie
I have also recieved this email. It seems like something worth doing. I mean whats it gonna hurt any. Takes some memory out of the phone, thats no big deal.

stones

Forum Ride Along
LOL the only problem I could see is bystander perception. You have an unconscious person laying on the ground, and the EMTs are pickin through their pockets taking their cell phones. lol

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
The local NBC and CBS affiliates BOTH ran this on the 11pm news last night... this could be a big thing....

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
If I could get a nice ICE t-shirt I'd wear once a week to promote the concept.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
we could make little foam squares with a logo and give them out for advertisment.... they would be "I.C.E. cubes" ;) :D

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
That is so bad... yet such a cool idea.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I am still fond of the Vial of Life.

I'd make my message say "I'm Diabetic - If I'm unconscious, don't call my go***mn wife, call a f***in ambulance".

(laugh)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jul 23 2005, 10:07 PM

I'd make my message say "I'm Diabetic - If I'm unconscious, don't call my go***mn wife, call a f***in ambulance".

(laugh)
I like, I like..... I think I might put "911" as mine....

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Jul 26 2005, 02:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Jul 26 2005, 02:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Jul 23 2005, 10:07 PM

(laugh)
I like, I like..... I think I might put "911" as mine.... [/b][/quote]
ROFL :lol: :lol:

True, very true

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Chimpie@Jul 22 2005, 06:34 PM
If I could get a nice ICE t-shirt I'd wear once a week to promote the concept.
So, why don't you look into the idea and have some printed. I will buy one or two or three, etc.