Got stopped by some EMS guy wanting to inspect my Rig

Rick Tresnak

Forum Crew Member
And when they go through your truck do they go through it!
They (dhs, dot) in the past had a big problem with the Russian/Armenian mob basically starting these transport companys and one for example was busted for trafficking ecstasy. The owner is now a puppet master and somebody else runs it for him.
Incredible. I am speechless.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Want to take a guess which LACo department EMS falls under? I bet you won't need many guesses too...

Do people seriously not know which agency their license is issued from?
Superior courts of LACo? No? Hmmmm

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
OK! Totally got stopped by some guy, (who thought he was all that) that worked for LACo EMS. Wanted to check my Certs and my Rig like he was the Cops or something. Really???? I know I only work for an IFT company (which will remain nameless) but we need to concentrate on bigger things than giving into this guys ego trip.

He looked like a wannabe Cop reject. Finding nothing wrong (obviously :eek:) he hands me his card and tells me to tell my Supv.

Is this legit?????? Anyone else run into this guy in LA County.

BTW, he is with LA County and not LADOT.

Isn't making sure ambulances have the appropriate staffing, certified crew members, and equipment a pretty important thing? Honestly, this is one of the things these people are hired to do, is make sure people are in compliance. If there were no measures in place, a company could hire anyone and put what ever they want on an ambulance.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Isn't making sure ambulances have the appropriate staffing, certified crew members, and equipment a pretty important thing? Honestly, this is one of the things these people are hired to do, is make sure people are in compliance. If there were no measures in place, a company could hire anyone and put what ever they want on an ambulance.
But monkeys driving ambulances wouldbe awesome!
03fa56f810272e54c7d88e62400a299c.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411381736716.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411381736716.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 267

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Did he have proper ID? did he hand you a business card with his name and contact info, that matched his proper ID? Then let him inspect away.

While he is doing that, maybe call your supervisor, but in reality, if he's wearing basketball shorts, flip flops, a Hawaiian shirt, and a cowboy hat, but still has the proper ID and is doing the job that he was hired to do (and is doing it correctly), you really have no right to give him any grief about it.

Rin

Forum Captain
I have to say though, if some stranger walked up to my squad on the street and wanted to inspect the interior, I don't care what ID he has in his wallet, he's not getting in. I don't know what official inspector ID is supposed to look like. It could be fake for all I know. There's a lot of yahoos out there.

Can you imagine explaining that you let some random person paw through your squad if they turn out NOT to be legit?

They can have my supervisor's number and start their inspection when I get official notice through dispatch.

Something similar happened once at my company...a crew walked out of the ED just in time to see a suit ducking out of their squad. Turned out to be a higher up, but could've been a well-dressed drug seeker for all they knew.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have to say though, if some stranger walked up to my squad on the street and wanted to inspect the interior, I don't care what ID he has in his wallet, he's not getting in. I don't know what official inspector ID is supposed to look like. It could be fake for all I know. There's a lot of yahoos out there.

Can you imagine explaining that you let some random person paw through your squad if they turn out NOT to be legit?

They can have my supervisor's number and start their inspection when I get official notice through dispatch.

Something similar happened once at my company...a crew walked out of the ED just in time to see a suit ducking out of their squad. Turned out to be a higher up, but could've been a well-dressed drug seeker for all they knew.
If someone has put in the work for a county department of health ID/Badge or a CHP (highway patrol) ID/Badge they can pretty much have anything they want in my unit. I'm not going to argue. I'll call a sup and advise dispatch im out of service.

With the way several LEOs have been arresting firefighters I'm not going to say no haha

OP
OP
fatkid

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
This guy had a DHS EMS ID around his neck and was driving what looked like an LACo Fire Expedition.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
OK! Totally got stopped by some guy, (who thought he was all that)... I know I only work for an IFT company (which will remain nameless) but we need to concentrate on bigger things than giving into this guys ego trip.

Sounds to me this guy may actually be "all that" and that the "ego trip" falls in your court on this one.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
This guy had a DHS EMS ID around his neck and was driving what looked like an LACo Fire Expedition.

You are quite something.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And your thinking behind all of that is that he is what a really high class drug seeker who forged documents, IDs, and stole a fire vehicle?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
And your thinking behind all of that is that he is what a really high class drug seeker who forged documents, IDs, and stole a fire vehicle?
And did all of this to score fewer narcotics than can likely be found for a few hundred bucks on any given street corner...Seems legit.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, sorry, but there's nothing in that description that doesn't sound legit, seriously, what else do you want?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I don't see what the problem is. He showed you identification, let him do his job. The more you fight against something like this the more it makes it seem like you're hiding something and the harder it's going to be on yourself and your partner.

MrJones

Iconoclast
I don't see what the problem is. He showed you identification, let him do his job. The more you fight against something like this the more it makes it seem like you're hiding something and the harder it's going to be on yourself and your partner.
Keep that thought in mind the next time you're coming home from a date and a cop at a DUI checkpoint, or a cop who stops you for speeding, asks if you mind if he take a quick look through your car. Don't say no - the more you fight against it the more it makes it seem like you're hiding something and the harder it's going to be on yourself and your date. ;)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Keep that thought in mind the next time you're coming home from a date and a cop at a DUI checkpoint, or a cop who stops you for speeding, asks if you mind if he take a quick look through your car. Don't say no - the more you fight against it the more it makes it seem like you're hiding something and the harder it's going to be on yourself and your date. ;)

I don't have anything to hide, I've let them search my truck before. Not that big of a deal since it's generally clean so it's not like there's a ton of stuff for them to throw around.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
It's actually a very time consuming and annoying process when you say yes to that. Saying no is easier. I Don't have anything to hide, I just have no Interest in being part of a fishing expedition.