first call of the day is...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Traffic collision, car t-boned a school bus. Full MCI initial response, for what turned out to be only 1 patient (driver of the car), apparently all the kids got off and walked to school prior to arrival...fire was trying to chase down where they were to assess them due to conflicting reports of complaints...but we were transporting as that was happening

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Pediatric seizure (febrile) mom is full blown HP and my partner and I don't speak a lick of Spanish.

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
Weakness, falling asleep secondary to CO2 retention

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Interfacility intubated, vented subarachnoid bleed. Totally clustered by the sending ER with an uncontrolled BP and inadequate sedation.

ForgottenNoble

Forum Ride Along
The last day I was at the station we had a little 90cc dirt bike hit by a car not 5 minutes after I arrived at the station.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Tramadol overdose. 46 yo F with a GCS of 2E, 2V, 5M, cool pale clammy, weak pulses. Within a couple min of her getting into the ER bed and gown, she woke up, vomited oncr, then went unresponsive (GCS 1-1-1) pulse shot into the 160s, then plummeted to 50-something all within a min. ER ran a strip and called a STEMI alert, and RSI'd her, she got a chest X-Ray and was enroute to CT by the time I was finally able to get a transfer of care signature

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Conscious and alert but non verbal out of the prison, disconjugate gaze and non reactive pupils seizing intermittently for the 30 minute transport, been that way for two hours before the prison decided to call.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Unresponsive CVA, intubated in the field. Coded just after arrival in the ED. Extubated by family request in the ED and allowed to expire.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I honestly do not remember. Today's day in the citay had the most crap calls of a single day I can remember. Even our auto-ped that was thrown "a whole GD way" was crap, patient was a pest considering all the meth and Xanax she had chosen to ingest prior to walking out into an eight lane road.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
18 yo with nausea vomiting for 5 days since drinking too much over the 4th of July, although she did have a dx of unknown type hepatitis....

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
VT arrest at dialysis, ROSC after 1 shock, arrested again, ROSC again after shock #2, GCS of 13 when we transferred care and by the time we cleared he was completely oriented.

shelvpower

Forum Crew Member
Double murder scene, turned out to be people that I have met before.
That puts the number of DOA's for this cycle on 8.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sleepnheat

Forum Probie
High speed single MVA w/restrained driver. On arrival, Pt is on ground outside of vehicle unresponsive, but breathing with positive LOC from bystanders. Pt becomes conscious after stimulious. C-spine and scoop. Cheif complaint of 8/10 lower back pain. Mentating x4 and strictly refuses IV or pain management. He started snap chatting 5 mins into transport. Last heard from ED possible fracture in L2

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Homeless 5150 w/ SI + general malaise, extensive psych hx + scabies. 30 min into transport, she isn't threatening to ****ing kill all the ****ing gringos any longer, and sings 'Yellow Submarine' out loud.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
A two refusal MVC. That turned into a 6 refusal MVC when a pair of rubberneckers hit each other while looking at the original accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
VT arrest at dialysis, ROSC after 1 shock, arrested again, ROSC again after shock #2, GCS of 13 when we transferred care and by the time we cleared he was completely oriented.
#canigetsomecalciumplease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk