first call of the day is...

Inspir

Forum Crew Member
That awkward moment when you complete a PCR on yourself

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Gsw to the head, chest, abdomen, flank, and arm. Agonal with pulses on scene. Clenched down and a mouth full of blood and brain matter. Ended up cric'ing him, arrested shortly after putting him in the ER bed.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Gsw to the head, chest, abdomen, flank, and arm. Agonal with pulses on scene. Clenched down and a mouth full of blood and brain matter. Ended up cric'ing him, arrested shortly after putting him in the ER bed.
Percutaneous or open cric?

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
We start at 6am got 1st call about 6:30ish for a man down. We get on scene to find a 20 y/o F passed out in her car with half eatin tacos/churros in her lap lol we advise her that shes either going with us or we will get pd on scene. We get to ER and she points out another pt in a hall bed that was also at the same party! Must of been a hell of a night!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We start at 6am got 1st call about 6:30ish for a man down. We get on scene to find a 20 y/o F passed out in her car with half eatin tacos/churros in her lap lol we advise her that shes either going with us or we will get pd on scene. We get to ER and she points out another pt in a hall bed that was also at the same party! Must of been a hell of a night!

Why did she need to go with you? Was she unable to answer questions?

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
ALOC was what we used but she was more hungover than anything. I'm sure we saved her from a DUI. Hopefully she will learn from it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Welcome to my area out here. The fire department and police department will push for a patient to go to the ED to avoid a DUI

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Welcome to my area out here. The fire department and police department will push for a patient to go to the ED to avoid a DUI
That's bassackwards. Out here they will find any reason for DUI pieces of crap to NOT go to the hospital so they can hook them and charge them.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's bassackwards. Out here they will find any reason for DUI pieces of crap to NOT go to the hospital so they can hook them and charge them.
Tell me about. We have one police department who will catch people in the act of a crime and then the guy will say "I wanna hurt myself" and it's an instant 5150 psych hold and call a BLS ambulance to transport the subject to the hospital.

If it's an actual DUI where they were busted while driving they go to jail. If it's someone who was slumped over the wheel of a parked car then it's let the person decide the hospital or the ED.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Seizure at home. Hx of seizures secondary to TBI from a GSW to the head years ago

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

Last I checked, gettin' hammered wasn't a medical emergency. if the cops don't want to arrest them, have a sober friend come give them a ride. But taking the intox to the ED just to avoid a DUI is a ridiculous waste of resources.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Last I checked, gettin' hammered wasn't a medical emergency. if the cops don't want to arrest them, have a sober friend come give them a ride. But taking the intox to the ED just to avoid a DUI is a ridiculous waste of resources.

I agree with you. But that's just how it is out here. We seem to waste alot of resources. Not to mention the ridiculous c/c we constantly run on.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Chief complaint of "I feel cold", and upon further assessment her face looked like it was gonna fall of the left side of her head, and her left arm and leg was completely flaccid. But she just wanted a blanket...

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Chief complaint of "I feel cold", and upon further assessment her face looked like it was gonna fall of the left side of her head, and her left arm and leg was completely flaccid. But she just wanted a blanket...

Code stroke!