first call of the day is...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I think you have more dialysis transfers in a week than I have in the past 5 years.
I am very great full to be with a company who will not do dialysis transfers. The only time I have ever been in a dialysis center is for 911 calls :)

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
As first calls indeed.

vcuemt

Ambulance Driver
Dialysis. I hope everyone is having a safe and relaxing Christmas Eve! It's raining and 60 here in VA. :/

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Shot themselves in the foot (no, literally. They were horsing around with a gun and never checked if it was loaded...)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Shortness of Breath at a SNF...called in by the private BLS IFT company suppose to pick up the little old lady who was satting in the 70s on room air, cyanosis around the lips, fast shallow breaths, more altered than normal (won't open her eyes or talk to you)...they put her on high flow O2 via NRB at 15lpm which brought her says up to 93%, made sure an RN was wit the patient and met us to give a report as we were walking up...Def better than some other calls from a local private company that'll do nothing until we show up

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Diabetic Refusal

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Er trip for foley replacement

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Psych. I'm BLS today so 99% of my calls will be psych holds.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Today has been sick respiratory babies day [emoji21]

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Ryder trauma discharge, s/p upper respiratory infection

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
15 yo f 8 minute seizure due to AHC (alternating hemiplegia of childhood) with inconsistent laryngospasms. Family usually gives PO versed to break the activity but no dice today. Makes you wonder why all paramedics/agencies train and carry RSI meds

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
15 yo f 8 minute seizure due to AHC (alternating hemiplegia of childhood) with inconsistent laryngospasms. Family usually gives PO versed to break the activity but no dice today. Makes you wonder why all paramedics/agencies train and carry RSI meds

That's an interesting one. How'd it go?

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
That's an interesting one. How'd it go?

Fortunately good. For a second the call could have taken a turn for the worse. The mom wanted us to give her valium or keppra, we don't carry either just ativan and versed. Everyone agreed on versed, which is the only drug we can use for a difficult airway situation. NRB 15L blood sugar 84 temp 98.6 sats were only in the mid 80s on high flow. Still nothing, mom know tells us she has been intubated multiple times with the use of paralytics by flight crews. Got the intubation kit ready and drawing up our last dose of versed when the seizure breaks. Been having a lot of calls recently where I was getting close to needing a paralytic because it was one of the last options before a cric. Our difficult airway protocol allows for 5mg versed with a med control option for fentanyl, pretty weak. Makes you wonder if all ALS providers should be trained and have RSI available.

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
Sounds fun.

A lot of medical directors don't trust their medics.

Our medical directors trust us but they don't see eye to eye. Ones old with old school approach the other is younger with more relevant progressive protocols.

No nasal intubation option?

Could have tried but who knows with the laryngospasms. Never actually tried nasal intubation. Also currently our med control docs frown on nasal intubation (this month)

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Hospital discharge

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Lifealert for someone to talk too