first call of the day is...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Appearing in this Sunday's episode of The Walking Dead...I had two more pronouncements this week than I had transports.
I don't think I've ever heard it that bad. I had one shift last year with 3 pronouncements and 2 refusals that I thought was bad...but not a week.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Welfare check with PD, and EMS was not needed!!! :)

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Remote work- 4am awoken by rapid knocking on my door- "please come Hassan is sick!"
Hassan lying on the ground giving it the best hollywood display of a dying patient, complete with screaming and vocals. Having been through this scenario before with the locals I walk off and tell his 6 friends to bring him to the med room.

As expected all vitals wln...on palpation only complaints are mild tenderness below sternum and some mild spasming of lower abdomen. Patient c/o diarrhoea and 5/10 pain to LUQ. Pain relief, anti-diarrheals and anti-spasmodics given.

120 mins later Hassan is at breakfast smiling and laughing.

Conclusion from the past 12 months working with Africans- my baby daughter is tougher than the personnel on my project. 3 weeks to push then I can re-build my sanity.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
A puzzle of an unknown problem call that ended up being a schizophrenic episode.

Followed by flying out a status epilepticus patient.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Birth at ~30 weeks gestation, mom didn't know she was pregnant until she saw a head. Fortunately all was well and the kid started breathing on his own with a little bit of encouragement

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
In hospital, a shoulder pain pt. Vet aide who got into a tug-and-war with an animal apparently stronger than him. Tweaked something; no fractures or dislocations.

JamieN

Forum Ride Along
Do y'all not carry phenergan? I've noticed that for patients who are actively puking it works better. Zofran is amazing for nauseous patients though

I agree about the Zofran...It's good stuff. Woke up with the flu at midnight on Thanksgiving and had to take an ambulance ride. Got a tablet in the ambulance and a shot in the IV at the hospital and it worked fine.

vcuemt

Ambulance Driver
How has this thread gone this many days without an update?

Accidental medical alarm activation

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Transfer from the Level IV to the city. Our community paramedic also transported our first patient direct to mental health facility, cool deal.

The next community paramedic call happened right afterwards, he had a 40 minute response from the city back to the district for a drunk, who turned out to be schizophrenic high on meth who required ketamine to be controlled. A bit of an inglorious start, and yes that patient went by ambulance.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Fall from bed, 64 yo male hx of cva left sided deficiency. No contusions, states being in pain.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And the third rotor flyout for a badly fx open distal tib/fib

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
54 year old obese male. Started dead, remained dead.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Our community paramedic also transported our first patient direct to mental health facility, cool deal.

We do that without Community Health Paramedics :p

Today was a seizure with a history of epilepsy. Exciting stuff.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Difficulty breathing out of a convalescent home, arrive to find patient tripoding, rapid deep breaths, normally a 4-4-6 GCS, currently 4-0-6 as she's not answering any questions...and on a simple mask at a whopping 4 LPM...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Difficulty breathing out of a convalescent home, arrive to find patient tripoding, rapid deep breaths, normally a 4-4-6 GCS, currently 4-0-6 as she's not answering any questions...and on a simple mask at a whopping 4 LPM...
Well, 4-1-6 at least [emoji6] Rocks have a verbal response of 1.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, 4-1-6 at least [emoji6] Rocks have a verbal response of 1.
Good catch. You'd think I'd have caught it since I had to translate mentally from my county's preferred E-M-V to the E-V-M everyone else uses -_-

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
In line TA in front of school. The middle driver was in a rush to drop his kids off and forgot his O2 concentrator. Was satting in the 50s on our arrival but without complaint. We gave him a ride home and called it a fire refusal. Do like.