first call of the day is...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Traffic collision with rescue for a 2 vehicle TC with an overturned SUV...transported 1 patient BLS for a 1/2 inch laceration to the foot

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Psych discharge

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Drunk female patient who called 911 saying she was having chest pain. Get on scene and find her in her apartment completely naked and drunk.

Get her dressed up and she doesn't have any complaint aside from being wasted to the point she can't walk. Ended up having to restrain her after she tried to get off the gurney and take her cloths off multiple times.

29/F. Fall from bicycle during triathlon. Face impacted metal scaffolding that was along the triathlon route. Substantial laceration to the chin, dislodged right molar, copious amounts of blood both externally and in her mouth. No LOC, full recall of events, denies head/neck/back. Borderline hypertensive, tachycardic. Pale/Cool/Diaphoretic.

Due to MOI and the impact area however, we C-Spined her and called in an ALS transport unit from the city.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I don't even remember...

Anjel

Forum Angel

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Lac to the back of my pts L hand that required 4 sutures to close.
I always get a kick out of the "big tough guys" that are all tatted up turn into 8 yo girls at the sight of a needle.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
ER trip, AMS with really bad congestion and cough.​

Anjel

Forum Angel
Yesterday was a 22 year old with a sore throat for 3 days that couldn't wait till morning to see his doc. Only lived 0.6 miles from the ER.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Wound care appointment.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I worked the overnight for some OT. Didn't turn a wheel. On my way home I came upon on T-bone rollover accident at the edge of or district. Got out and called 911 and then went over to the only patient who was pretty much fine, just freaked out. During my cursory assessment a woman ran over and just about pushed me out of the way exclaiming she was a nurse and began to refer to everyone as sweetie as she instructed everyone (including bystanders) to lay down and not move.

I was still wearing my night uniform (agency t-shirt and ID badge). Thanks sweetie, I got it from here.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Severe weakness due to diarrhea. ER trip

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lac to the back of my pts L hand that required 4 sutures to close.
I always get a kick out of the "big tough guys" that are all tatted up turn into 8 yo girls at the sight of a needle.
Hey I resemble that remark lol

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Dialysis