first call of the day is...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hike in for a dehydrated 19 year old with a migraine in a cats and dogs kinda rain storm. They were only fifteen minutes from the trailhead and had given up. A quick pep talk and we were back up and walking (with assistance) to the ambulance.

There is a reason I wear hiking boots and keep my rain jacket, an extra layer, and rain pants on the ambulance every shift. Except this one, where my rain pants were of course missing.

Jason

Medic
1st call of last Sat - STEMI, that turned out not so much. But no surprise there, 25 y/oM, no Hx, however the drug use is a problem.
1st call of last Sun - Cold limb, loss of distal pulse.
1st call of today - ACS.
And by "call", I mean case, as I was working at the hosp. EMS shift is later this week :)

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
AMS to ER. Somewhat hypotensive 100/56.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
High-risk warrant [emoji16]

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A chronic alcoholic who was found "out of it" by housekeeping at a motel. She yelled and screamed at us for calling the cops despite telling us to close the door or the person who beat her up the previous night would kill her (of course she doesn't want to press charges). Asked for a hold (intoxicated, unsteady gait, rather poor mental status exam), got a refusal instead. As you wish...

Anjel

Forum Angel
Diff breather who left the hospital AMA 3 hours prior, because he didn't think it was that bad.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
rollover semi MVC w/ HEMS flyout

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lol I'll always take free beer... and I'm rather hard to kill :p

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
90 minute incarceritis/ETOH transport. Patience lasted right up to till I started giving my report and the doctor came up behind me with "hey I'm talking to you, start over." He listened for ten seconds and then shook his head and walked away muttering.

Sorry, not every patient is dieing to be saved.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
S/P Bronchitis discharge

Anjel

Forum Angel
Pt going to Detroit for J tube issues. Family insisted that it was blocked, but it was actually dislodged.

Daughter was kicked out of the ER because she stole a syringe and was flushing it with coke when the nurse wasn't looking. But since it was dislodged, she was just putting it straight into his pelvic cavity.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Stroke. Yesterday it was a hemorrhagic stroke. Day before was a foot vs lawnmower with amputated great toe..........looks like that new medic black cloud has caught me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lift assist

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Today was dialysis catheter replacement