ems pratical jokes

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned yet. Icy Hot on the toilet seats. Will be pretty much invisible once applied.

with all my time spent on practical joking, how have i not though of that???????

snaketooth10k

Forum Crew Member
3) We did this to our supervisor. If you have access to the command vehicle that the supervisor drives, look and see if there is an easy to access fuse panel. If so, take a short wire, pull the fuse for the horn out and put one end of the wire in there, replace the fuse. Then take the second end of the wire, pull out the fuse for the brake lights, and do the same thing. Then when they get in, every time they step on the brakes it honks the horn.

You do know those fuses are to save the electrical system of the car from getting destroyed right? I wouldn't recommend it. But I give it a 7 for funny.

mbcwgrl

Forum Probie
One that is always played around the station is setting the alarm clock in your partner's bedroom for 03:18 and hiding it somewhere close to their head!

The best one I did was put twinkies in someones boots so when they slipped their feet in it squished in their socks! They had to run the entire call like that!:lol:

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member
270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

Keep 'em coming, folks!

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
Once at a hospital based service we damn near made an ER nurse faint. We had this patient that was a regular, we would get him every other day for pain control, but he was loved by everyone.

The nurse was new and was orientating in the ER. I told the patient that his fav nurse wasn't in today that there is a brand new one, he response was "Fresh meat" with a wink.

We wheeled him in the ER with a sheet from his chest to his ankle....He had a prosthetic leg that was detached but I had it laying just below his knee under the blanket so it looked like two feet under the sheet.

The new nurse came over for a lift assist, I told her just guide his legs. I counted to three, she lifted, the patient let out a fake scream, and suddenly she had a "detached leg" in her hand. I honestly thought she was about to throw up

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member
The new nurse came over for a lift assist, I told her just guide his legs. I counted to three, she lifted, the patient let out a fake scream, and suddenly she had a "detached leg" in her hand. I honestly thought she was about to throw up

Brilliant! One of my friends back in high school has a fake leg as well, and I'm pretty sure we've played similar pranks on people that don't know him...

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
I saw this on youtube and thought it was right up this thread's alley. I skimmed back through to see if this one was listed and didn't see it. Sorry if I overlooked.

I haven't tried it but looks hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmBY5CUTLvc

For those who just want the jist of it: Put a thread through the center of a Mentos and secure it in the mouth of a soda bottle where it can't be seen and so that when the victim unscrews the top, the mentos will drop into the soda causing a volcanic eruption of cola.

If you attempt this, be a good sport and have a replacement bottle of cola available

eric2068

Forum Crew Member
Practicle Jokes

This works best at night. If your partner is asleep, find a parkinglot with a empty tractor trailer. Pull right upbehind it,scream and hit your airhorns at the same time. We did put a fart sound machine in our captains bus, and everytime he had a patient in the back, his partner would set it off. He never did find it. Tie both front doors together with supply tubing, and lock the hatch door.:ph34r:

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member
This works best at night. If your partner is asleep, find a parkinglot with a empty tractor trailer. Pull right upbehind it,scream and hit your airhorns at the same time.

We did put a fart sound machine in our captains bus, and everytime he had a patient in the back, his partner would set it off. He never did find it. Tie both front doors together with supply tubing, and lock the hatch door.:ph34r:

First one's already been posted a few times... but the fart machine one is genius.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Fill the back compartment with inflated exam gloves.

Or, arrange a false call, while you two are out of the rig, an accomplice puts an energetic dog with shaving cream on its muzzle in the crew cab. If you are driving, arrange to have a dupe entry/ignition key in your pocket, and leave the real keys in the ignition near the beast.

Finally (and I mean FINALLY): bare footprints on the dash board either side of the steering wheel, and a little KY on the floor underneath...I'm sorry, I found an exam room that way once....;)

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
You do know those fuses are to save the electrical system of the car from getting destroyed right? I wouldn't recommend it. But I give it a 7 for funny.

Even if you put a wire in with the fuse, the fuse will still blow if too much current goes thru it. This will interrupt the flow of electricity to that particular fuse. The downside being that once the fuse blows, you end up with no taillights.

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member
Even if you put a wire in with the fuse, the fuse will still blow if too much current goes thru it. This will interrupt the flow of electricity to that particular fuse. The downside being that once the fuse blows, you end up with no taillights.

Uhh... no? The wiring will fail at it's weakest point. If the weakest point is a fuse, it'll fail the fuse, then move the current over to the bit of wire you put in. If ANY point in the circuit is weaker than the wire you put in, that point will fail, like a fuse, and burst/spark. (and murphy's law states that that point will be somewhere hidden in the depths of your rig, next to something flammable.)

Enjoy your lawsuit, whoever is stupid enough to try this.

Too bad physics class isn't a requirement for life. There'd be a lot less senseless stupidity... (or at least people would be aware of or avoid injury more often)

... on that note, maybe it's better. Keeps us, fire, and police in business.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
This one actually happened to me.

*tones drop*

Dispatcher: "MICU91, for an unresponsive male, Such-and-such motel, Anytown."

Me: "County, 93 is (other tech punches me in the balls) RESPONDING!!"

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
I was sitting at station the other night when the crew from a long stand by got back. It was like 2300. Well they had to wash the rig. So the one medic starts using the hose. An EMT goes ofer to the water shut off at the meter and closes it. he then turns it on and off at varing times. As he does this the medic is going WTF is up with the water pressure it's going to take all night to wash the rig. We are all laughing (except the medic who has no idea what is going on) for about 15 minutes when the truck is finally washed. The medic never figured out what was going on or why we were laughing. I want to try it on the one EMT that runs with me sometimes.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Yup these games sure improve our image as ambulance drivers.

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant

Yea I know this first hand. I am a student at a career and technology center in the electrician program. Well one day a kid decided that his radio kept blowing the fuse so he juped around the fuse from the horn. They were listening to the radio for about 5 minutes when it caught fire. The ran in past a fire extinguisher yelling grab a fire extinguisher there is something on fire we're not kidding. So i grabbed the closer extinguisher and put the fire out.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Yup these games sure improve our image as ambulance drivers.

Do you have anything wrong with these jokes if they are done out of the public eye? Wouldn't it help relieve stress and help with camaraderie?

c_looney2006

Forum Probie
Now you take a new bottle of shampoo and put a bottle of nair or any other hair removal cream in it and mix well.....then when who ever uses it there hair will fall out slowly everydayy a little more each day, they will even lose there eyebrows......and the best part is they will never know what caused it.