ems pratical jokes

FDNYChick

Forum Probie
Well that is putting patients at risk. I would not be bragging and laughing about that.

Crap this so called profession is getting worse by the minute.

its not putting paitents at risk if the crew is already in the hospital with the paitent.its one thing to do it while they are on a job and another to fo it before they go available.

to make an assumption that everyone who plays a joke on their coworkes is unprofessional is just as bad.you have no idea what peoples relationship with eachother is and as long as no one is in any danger then there is nothing wrong with it.

go ahead and sit there and tell me that throught your whole career you have been a model employee and never did anything wrong.

if you dont like how tings are going do one three things:
1-become a boss and troll the streets and make sure everything is the way its supposed to be
2-troll the streets and basically be a NARC
3-complain to the state and local govt to do better backround checks on people so the way we teach our rookies to learn from thier mistakes is to write them up,not show them what could happen

your right the job is getting worse by the minute,or you just lost your sence of humor in it.

admin:ban me if you want,i can care less.i already made my point

Achromatic

Forum Lieutenant
its not putting paitents at risk if the crew is already in the hospital with the paitent.its one thing to do it while they are on a job and another to fo it before they go available.

You make no sense. You say "oh, no patient is at risk, they're in the hospital, so is the crew", when the 'fun' of your practical joke was to watch them from a block away as they are back at their rig, trying to get in.

I'm guessing its your powers of omniscience that just KNEW there wouldn't be a call, right?

It's not even particularly funny or witty as a joke, anyway... "oh, look at us. we made a mess of your sh*t! we taped your doors shut! haha! we're funny!"

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant

to make an assumption that everyone who plays a joke on their coworkes is unprofessional is just as bad.you have no idea what peoples relationship with eachother is and as long as no one is in any danger then there is nothing wrong with it.

go ahead and sit there and tell me that throught your whole career you have been a model employee and never did anything wrong.

1-become a boss and troll the streets and make sure everything is the way its supposed to be
3-complain to the state and local govt to do better backround checks on people so the way we teach our rookies to learn from thier mistakes is to write them up,not show them what could happen

your right the job is getting worse by the minute,or you just lost your sence of humor in it.

So instead you are prolonging them from going available and possibly causing someone to die because they have to wait for a M/A company?

medic417

The Truth Provider

I have never done anything intentionally that could have caused harm to a fellow worker or a patient. Your actions were intentional and could cause harm.

I would rather be a "narc" than live with the death of a person because of a practical joke. This is a serious profession. We are responsible for peoples lives. Grow up or get out.

Your actions would have delayed response. That delay could have cost lives.

This is not the good old boys/girls club, this is a medical profession.

Last edited by a moderator:

FDNYChick

Forum Probie
no you guys are right because yall never did anything stupid in your day.because you guys were perfect and because something works one way in your system then it must work that way in all systems.because yall go avalibe the minute you get into your rig and drive off.

can you hear me up there on your high horse cause if not i got a soap box and a bull horn.

just because you dont think its funny doesnt mean that someone else agrees with you.over here we all got a good laugh at it oh and you know what if they DID get a job then guess what,"hey central im closer to 'unit z's " job give it to me. but of course the great tech/medics on this fourum thought of that already. because we play jokes on eachother over here and let the crew suffer.

ya'll need to lighten up a bit and accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with what you say.it seems to be ok to waste and IV bag of saline just to squirt someone and put powder un the a/c but if you take an O2 bag and hang it up then thats risking lives.

i guess if my town only had 12 ambulances and realiozed that i can do this job anymore because im a dinosaur then i may be peeved too

medic417

The Truth Provider
just because you dont think its funny doesnt mean that someone else agrees with you.over here we all got a good laugh at it oh and you know what if they DID get a job then guess what,"hey central im closer to 'unit z's " job give it to me. but of course the great tech/medics on this fourum thought of that already. because we play jokes on eachother over here and let the crew suffer.

ya'll need to lighten up a bit and accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with what you say.it seems to be ok to waste and IV bag of saline just to squirt someone and put powder un the a/c but if you take an O2 bag and hang it up then thats risking lives.

Could have been more than 1 call then you could not have covered for them.

And that IV fluid and powder is just as bad. Because either you can't respond or you look very unprofessional if you do.

Again this is not a game people grow up.

You can have fun just all the physical stuff needs to stay at junior high.

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
no you guys are right because yall never did anything stupid in your day.because you guys were perfect and because something works one way in your system then it must work that way in all systems.because yall go avalibe the minute you get into your rig and drive off.

can you hear me up there on your high horse cause if not i got a soap box and a bull horn.

i guess if my town only had 12 ambulances and realiozed that i can do this job anymore because im a dinosaur then i may be peeved too

I think youare heading down Banned Highway at a very fast rate.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I think youare heading down Banned Highway at a very fast rate.

1.gif

medic417

The Truth Provider
oh goodness i hope none of these get pulled on me when i start working!!

If they do you need to be the voice of change and force disciplinary action be taken. Do not keep the cycle going by trying to get back at them with another practical joke.

ethorp

Forum Probie
This last one I didn't partake in, but it was pretty funny as I saw it after it happened. An ambulance crew found a dead racoon on the side of the road. They intubated it, set up a mock IV with a 50 bag, c-spined it to a cardboard splint and with an infant collar, and then somehow mounted it right behind the light bar on one of the other rigs so it was standing straight up over the light bar. The crew didn't notice for the longest time and I caught a glimpse of the road-kill machine driving around town at one point.

hahaha amazing:wacko:

medic417

The Truth Provider
hahaha amazing:wacko:

Yup amazing to think people would think it was funny to make us look like such non professionals. guess if we don't get peoples expectations high by doing crap like this then they want expect much when we pick them up. :rolleyes:

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
A few guys from another shift went to a conference and all met at the station to carpool to the airport...well one week later in 10 degree weather they came home to cars covered in ice...every few hours for a week we sprayed their cars with a hose....they looked like bugs in an ice cube.

Sad thing is we never thought about a few things...

1. what the payback would be
2. Now we had to share cars with them for a few days so they can relieve us from shift
3. Never found out why my car smelled so bad...I ended up trading it in ..come to find out they poured milk on my carpet...was fine in winter until heat came on...worse in summer...and now back with car payments!!

Pranks are good but don't get caught I learned the hard way.

asmbarnett

Forum Ride Along
Some them i personally wouldnt do. But I really liked the one about turning off the battery master and flipping on all the lights and sirins and wiating for them to wake the dead. Especially for morning inspections at 6 am.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Some them i personally wouldnt do. But I really liked the one about turning off the battery master and flipping on all the lights and sirins and wiating for them to wake the dead. Especially for morning inspections at 6 am.

That's the reason I check the light and siren panel before I turn on the battery.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
My personal favorite is watching stupid EMTs / Paramedics lose their job because they can't hold a simple ethical belief that perhaps they should be professional.

Sometimes we are the best examples of Darwinism!

asmbarnett

Forum Ride Along
I agree now that I have seen the jokes I know what to look for. i am pretty new at driving ambulance. I am a student right now gettingmy emt. its good to know this stuff :)

asmbarnett

Forum Ride Along
Well you have a very good point. but I think people were looking for a laugh just emagining these scenerios. No need to take it too personal. I am very fortunate that I work with a great and mature crew that do take every step very seriousely. i do agree that it is scary to know that there are actually people out there that dont take this profession to the highest and are to busy goofing off. That is how things end up on youtube. I almost cried when I saw the one where a russian ambulance service dropped their passenger at high speeds. watch if you get a chance. it is very sad. "ambulace dropps passenger" at you tube

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Here is a fast and easy practical joke...

Take a rubber band and place it on the PA for the siren but be sure to adjust the volume to prevent feed back...it needs to be low enough for only really close cars to hear.

Then when they roll up to an intersection and chat about the hottie in the car next to them they will get some looks and not know why....funny thing is we did it to a crew and they called in out of service on the way to a call because the siren was out....We go on the radio and told them to check their PA...it was funny because they were driving around for over an hour with it open and didn't even know it.

I mean I am very professional but we do like to have some fun...

medic417

The Truth Provider
Here is a fast and easy practical joke...

Take a rubber band and place it on the PA for the siren but be sure to adjust the volume to prevent feed back...it needs to be low enough for only really close cars to hear.

Then when they roll up to an intersection and chat about the hottie in the car next to them they will get some looks and not know why....funny thing is we did it to a crew and they called in out of service on the way to a call because the siren was out....We go on the radio and told them to check their PA...it was funny because they were driving around for over an hour with it open and didn't even know it.

I mean I am very professional but we do like to have some fun...

Yup that makes the service look and sound professional.

When will people grow up?