Duty Watches

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
I use a Seiko Automatic with a metal band. 9 years its never failed, never been broken and I never had to buy a battery. The metal band is easy to wipe down or soak in disenfectant unlike a fabric strap. Fabric straps can absorb fluids and change color when soaked.

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
Walmart el cheapo. $13 digital. It does the trick and is nothing fancy. If it gets too gross after constant wipe downs, it will go in the trash and I will go make another $13 purchase.

Or a button that sounds a beep after 15 or 30 seconds (for taking pulses/ respitory rates)..

I don't think your going to find a watch that does this...Your just going to have to pay attention to the seconds counter/ Second hand.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I was wearing a Timex Ironman as my "work watch". I wore it in Haiti and the DEET ate all of the plastic! (and I put that stuff on my skin? Yikes!)

Now I wear a "nicer" Tommy Bahama watch. It's not super expensive, but it also doesn't look like a plastic kid's watch. Easy to clean with K-wipes too. Buy what you like. ;)

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Breitling Emergency Mission

49187404.jpg

A little heavy, but in the event of an unplanned landing, I like the feeling of having my own personal ELT located on my wrist!

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Yeah, I worked a shift of overtime and was able to buy two of these with enough left over for a trip to Switzerland to pick them up.

I usually wear them both at the same time...this way if one of my arms is amputated in the accident, I still have the other one. Genius, right?

:cool:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
On duty I have a $15 watch from walmat with a cloth band that stays wrapped around the neck of my scope. My scope is always with me when I am on the truck, either in my bag or on my person.

my only requirements are a digital face (bigger is better) and a good glowing backface.

off duty I don't wear a watch, but I did buy a fancy looking one for times when I need to look powerful and expensive. It stays in a box most of the time

tyl789

Forum Ride Along
I wear a g-shock. It has a big screen an can hold up to anything. It is waterproof and can be washed rigorously. The one I have was a gift but you can pick one up for about 100 bucks and it will last forever.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Casio Pathfinder Waveceptor.

Fox800

Forum Captain
Cheapo Timex i440 on duty. Amazon FTW. Don't wear it off-duty. It's got a rubberized strap so it's easy to clean. If it gets contaminated you can mix up some disinfectant and dump it in there overnight.

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant
Breitling Emergency Mission

49187404.jpg

A little heavy, but in the event of an unplanned landing, I like the feeling of having my own personal ELT located on my wrist!
Now that sir is a watch.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
G-shock, or Seiko Orange Monster

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Gshock. Been wearing it since emt school, never a problem. Nice size screen also has hands for when I'm feeling fancy.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I am wearing a G-Shock G-Rescue GW-7900B. Tough black rubber case, tells time, tides and moon phase, water resistant to far beyond anything i would ever need. It is solar powered, only a small backup battery, if it ever gets low, even at night i just shine my flashlight on the face and it recharges. Time keeping is Atomic, with a decent signal even 40ft below the surface of the Atlantic. Also use it as a bottom timer when SCUBA diving

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I wore a Wittnauer analog chronograph (digitals were all LED then in Bedrock) a flightmate in USAF Basic Training sold to me for $40 after the girl who gave it to him Dear Johned him. It lasted five years of abuse as an USAF firefighter and civilian EMT, then needed a new crystal and cleaning to resume its duties. My son has it, it's beat up but otherwise would be worth $700 now.
I use a cheap Casio. The buttons on the analogous Timexes hurt my fingers.

NewTex

Forum Ride Along
A 1991 vintage air force navigators watch...has tritium tubes...steel case...electronic movement...nylon strap...(like the military one piece straps, can loose one of the watche's pins and you still have the watch on your wrist)

Never let me down in the 10 years i have owned it.

Off duty I wear...........TA DA..the same