Duty Watches

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
Lost my one and only Citizen watch while on duty.. kinda upset about it, I liked it. No idea where it came off.. :/

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
A cheap Timex expedition ... on its third strap now

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Breitling Emergency Mission

49187404.jpg

A little heavy, but in the event of an unplanned landing, I like the feeling of having my own personal ELT located on my wrist!

^^ I dig it! Wish they made a ladies version... wtf females can't go on an "Emergency Mission?" :blink::blink:

I've actually had a vexing hunt for an upscale duty watch because all women's are like... pink pearl oyster backing and bracelet bands styles. blegck. It's aggravating. No women like simple, classic, durable?

I ended up with a this bvlgari after lots of hunting:
images

then I ended up NEVER wearing it and it sits on the shelf! :rolleyes: I do wear it for bisnazz meetings and teaching.

Bosco836

Forum Lieutenant
Curious, Do you wear the same watch on and off duty? What kind of watches do all you EMTs and Medics use and why?

I've always worn a Timex Ironman - both on and off duty. Its functional and durable and I've found no reason to change.

dixie_flatline

Forum Captain
I have a Timex that's made out of rubber, I think, that I can wash down. Only wear it on duty. Off-duty I tend to wear a Citizen Eco-Drive that was a gift.

I've been eying up the Casio G-Shocks, but my $15 Timex hasn't let me down yet. Although I did somehow program it to beep once every hour, on the hour, and haven't been able to figure out how to disable this "feature" :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:

biz522

Forum Ride Along
I have the timex expedition.. it is water resistant, tells military time, indiglow and I think it was 50 or 60$

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Those Breitling Emergencies are pretty dang nice. I'd love one but I don't think I can swing the 6k pricetag.

Looks like I'll have to be asking my dad to keep his eye open for anything that comes through his store. Ah the perks of Dad owning a jewelry store ;)

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Those Breitling Emergencies are pretty dang nice. I'd love one but I don't think I can swing the 6k pricetag.

Looks like I'll have to be asking my dad to keep his eye open for anything that comes through his store. Ah the perks of Dad owning a jewelry store ;)

.....So I know what I'm getting for christmas? :p kidding, kidding.

I've been eyeing one of these Casio Baby-G BGA151-7Bs for a month or so now, but I keep debating on the white. It looks naive and slightly badarse until someone vomits on it, I'm sure.... I hear Mr. Clean magic erasers work wonders on resin watch straps, though. They offer it in black, which I may get.... depends on what's cheaper on Ebay. Until then, I've been wearing a $15 plastic watch that I got from Target a year ago that is always set to the wrong date no matter how often I fix it, and doesn't have a backlight. I just want something with a backlight and a 3-minute timer for that rare day I finally work a code (as if I'd remember to use it...)

Or this :lol: So professional.
transformers-watches.jpg

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
what a waste, I had vomit and other bodily fluids on my watch, threw it away. I spend 20 dollars for each watch I buy, serves a basic function. A casio electronic water resistant, when it goes to blood, vomit, or other bodily fluids I will buy another one just like it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
.....So I know what I'm getting for christmas? :p

Only for you ;)

I think you should go for the Transformers one! Bumblebee for the win!

what a waste, I had vomit and other bodily fluids on my watch, threw it away. I spend 20 dollars for each watch I buy, serves a basic function. A casio electronic water resistant, when it goes to blood, vomit, or other bodily fluids I will buy another one just like it.

What's a waste? A nice-ish watch that can be cleaned? Seems like throwing them away the second they get dirty is more wasteful but that's just me. My Omega is water resistant to 30 meters and is all stainless steel. If it gets yucky I drop it into a bio-bag with our cleaner we use on the gurney and let it soak, scrub it if needed then rinse it off and put it back on.

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Only for you ;)
I think you should go for the Transformers one! Bumblebee for the win!

Haha thanks. I would love something like the G-Shock GA110MH but unfortunately I'm the size of a pre-pubescent boy and so a large men's watch would look like a medeival set of irons on my wrist. It's a shame, cause it looks so friggin' BA....

Agreed on the wasteful part. I orignally bought a pink rubberized one from Target when I started EMT school 2 years ago (I was mildly paranoid any watch or scope I bought would grow legs and walk away, hence my first scope was also pink) and I still own it. Sitting on my bedside table collecting dust...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Haha thanks. I would love something like the G-Shock GA110MH but unfortunately I'm the size of a pre-pubescent boy and so a large men's watch would look like a medeival set of irons on my wrist. It's a shame, cause it looks so friggin' BA....

I'll have to remember that haha. Maybe they make a mini model :lol:

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
I use a timex because one day I had thought I lost it. I didn't. I found it in the dryer. I had put it throught the washer and dryer withy my laundry and it still works so I am sticking with timex