Duty Watches

Sourmash

Forum Ride Along
Curious, Do you wear the same watch on and off duty? What kind of watches do all you EMTs and Medics use and why? Any particular style or watch work really well for ems? What kind of features would you like to have on a duty watch?

OP
OP
S

Sourmash

Forum Ride Along
Curious, Do you wear the same watch on and off duty? What kind of watches do all you EMTs and Medics use and why? Any particular style or watch work really well for ems? What kind of features would you like to have on a duty watch?

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant
I have tons of watches I just ware the one I pick out in the morning and ware it the rest of the day. Always metal band and easy hands to read in the dark. A chronographic is a nice added feature. Right now im wearing the Fossil Ch2600.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I think he's doing research. :)

I use a cheap Walmart watch all the time. Wipe it down periodically.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Duplicate threads merged.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Timex. I have been wearing Timex watches ever since I started wearing watches. I have a metal one I wear when I want to be "dressy" lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331678739.218787.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331678739.218787.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 710

Sasha

Forum Chief
That's the watch I wear.

We are watch buddies!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Timex. I have been wearing Timex watches ever since I started wearing watches. I have a metal one I wear when I want to be "dressy" lol.

Thats what I have on too lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
And when I met kat she had the blue one on.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Deep blue t25. Just because it was a gift. Love it

DPM

Forum Captain
I've got an old issued watch from the Army. Nothing fancy but a big glow in the dark face. Job done

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
One I ordered for $40 online that can be soaked in bleach.

I don't wear a watch off duty.

Any watch works for me as long as it has a second hand and can be soaked in bleach and other cleaners and still work.

OP
OP
S

Sourmash

Forum Ride Along
I think he's doing research. :)

I use a cheap Walmart watch all the time. Wipe it down periodically.

Absolutely! I've been trying to choose a NICE duty watch for a while now, I don't mind spending some money on it as I have a nice collection of large bulky watches that I love. Just picked up a nice Invicta last month. Problem is they are too big for duty use. I started looking around to see if there is a watch designed specifically for use in EMS, if there is I can't find it. Ever the entrepreneur, I started thinking about what features I'd put on one for use.

I was thinking a digital with just a second hand would be nice. Or a button that sounds a beep after 15 or 30 seconds (for taking pulses/ respitory rates). I'd probably go with a silicone band... I was just curious if anyone else has looked for something or had ideas to customize an EMS watch.

Lozenger19

Forum Crew Member
I use a fob watch on duty.

Niftynurse.com have some great watches.

The one I have is silicone and you can take the face/ pin out, so you can put the silicone part through the wash after each shift

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
I only have one watch, a Traser with tritium glow tubes, making things like checking a pulse in the dark a snap. I don't understand how people can use digital watches for that sort of thing; I can't count and keep track of what number of seconds to stop counting at at once. Much easier to watch a second hand sweep for 15 or 30 seconds.

I'd love to get into collecting watches, but I have enough expensive hobbies and not enough money as it is...