Dumbest thing heard on the radio

spnjsquad

Forum Crew Member
Lucky the FCC wasn't listening...I'm told that's a big no-no.

Sorta reminds of when Dispatch was giving us a extremely complicated address, and the radio kept messing up the transmission...after the third 10-5 (repeat last) from us, she said "Jesus Christ, just call the base. I'm not reading that again."
Oops sorry I meant from police frequency not dispatch. Still not a good thing to do regardless haha. The dispatcher still was the one saying the F bomb a bunch of times...

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Medic#: Dispatch do you have a call back number for this call?
Dispatch: I'll try calling them back.

Few minutes later...
Dispatch: Medic # your patient is coming to the door.
Medic#: Too late my partner's going through the window.
Dispatch: That might startle her.

sapsley

Forum Ride Along
Us: "This is rescue 52, we are single and available"

Dispatch: ".......you mean clear and available?"

Us: "Yeah that too"

eman00

Forum Crew Member
Received a page with an address and the street name was Vespucci. I decided to mess with the dispatcher and requested for the address over the radio.

Me: Dispatch, can you give me the address over the radio, it came out scrambled on the pager

Dispatch: The address is 1234 Vespucci.....(the dispatcher pronounced pucci as pu**y)

Right after she said it, she realized what she said and laughed, which we all heard until she released the button. After that, everybody in their rigs who heard it went on the radio and laughed too. Granted it was on a weekend, so management wasn't there to hear all the fun.

kjacksonemti

Forum Ride Along
Not on the radio, but...

Clinical Director: "And new in this protocol update, we're adding nitrous oxide for chest pain."

Medic 1: "Nitrous? Hhhmmmmmm."

Medic 2: "Whippits? Awesome!"

Medic 3: "Hehehehehe... Cool."

Clinical Director: "Even newer in this protocol update, nitrous oxide for chest pain has been removed."

Chorus: "Awwwww!"

paracordmedic

Forum Probie
Disp: Respond to a fully involved structure fire at 123 XXX street.
Medic: Which way do we turn onto XXX street?
Disp: Towards the big orange glow.

Medic: Can you give us those directions again?
Disp: Is there anyone on the Medic that's not stupid?

kirky kirk

RN, EMT-B
Medic#: Dispatch do you have a call back number for this call?
Dispatch: I'll try calling them back.

Few minutes later...
Dispatch: Medic # your patient is coming to the door.
Medic#: Too late my partner's going through the window.
Dispatch: That might startle her.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

KiloSierra

Forum Ride Along
wow

EMT:yeah dispatch this is A### were going priority 2 to the hospital, starting 0's.
Dispatch: … A### you mean priority 1?…"
EMT: No were going priority 2
Dispatch: Copy priority 1
EMT: No. We are going PRIOITY 2
Dispatch: A### our company does not use priority 2
EMT: oh… well were going HIGH priority 2
Disptach: A### give me a Tx when your arrive.

avdrummerboy

Forum Lieutenant
Had a regular in our area who managed to take a certain type of pill that would over endow him for a few hours. First time our company received a call for it went something like this:

"Medic X code 3 for a.... uh...... a..... uh male with a.... uh... hard on for six hours." Thats literally what the pager said, most of us were too busy laughing to say anything back.

Of course, the next time the guy called, for the same problem, the page and dispatch was simply for a medical aid. I'm pretty sure that the ECC dispatcher and our dispatch got a little talking to about the verbiage OTA.

vcuemt

Ambulance Driver
Over the weekend:

"Ambulance XX upgrading to priority 1 [l&s], 5 minutes out from XX hospital."
Dispatch: "Ambulance XX copy, do you need ALS intercept?"

Last edited by a moderator:

brainsurgeon

Forum Ride Along
Dispatch: "Pt says his heart is beating fast and he has chest pain. Pt has history of rapid heart rate and tachycardia."

avdrummerboy

Forum Lieutenant
Heard the infamous jumbled words the other day. In our area, we have to say wether we are on scene before, same time as, or after the fire dept. It the person talking is tired, some weird things can be said.

"Medic X on fire with scene."

URI

Forum Crew Member
We have arguably one of the worst dispatchers of all time.

Picture this: A 300 lb dispatcher siting in front of his council eating a bowl of chili that's resting on his beer gut.
Pushes the mic and mumbles an incomprehensible ten fa. To pretty much any message that gets transmitted regardless of its importance. He recently decided that mumbling ten four/ten fa, is too much work, so now he reverts back to the infamous radio click.

Medic 2 to dispatch, were on the air investigating a possible mvc at xxx address.

"Click".

"Medic 2 dispatch, we received that radio click"

avdrummerboy

Forum Lieutenant
Haha, yeah we have the clickers out here too, annoying as all hell, also have a few that assume that our radio calls are just to hear ourselves talk, so they don't respond at all!