Dumbest thing heard on the radio

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
Dispatch: EMS and fire respond for MVA possible rollover w/ entrapment.
PD unit: arriving on scene
Dispatch: receive
Pd: all fire units and als responding can stand down negative injuries, can we have a first responder respond fr an RMA pt sitting on sidewalk
First Responder: dispatch can you re-dispatch all units, person on sidewalk is a bystander, pt still in vehicle with entrapment.
Dispatch: received

Holy hell, hahahaha. Thats not even funny, though

cfuentes

Forum Crew Member
Dispatch: GOVAC 10, GOVAC Base What's your twenty?

GOVAC 10: Uhhhhhh. 10-5???

Dispatch: GOVAC 10, GOVAC Base Repeat your location is being requested!

GOVAC 10: GOVAC Base, We are at Dunkin Donuts on the corner of Springfield Blvd. and 64th Ave.

5 mins. Later.....

Dispatch: GOVAC 10, Chief requests Status.

GOVAC 10: (Heard in the background) "Oh, crap! He threw up on my shoes! And these were new."
GOVAC 10 (continued): Extended Patient Care!

Dispatch: Shift Supervisor en-route to assist.

GOVAC 10: Negative!!!! We are 10-53 to North Shore-LIJ.

The Heavy

Forum Ride Along
Just last night, during my first shift of clincals. Sitting at the nurse station with my preceptor when a call comes in "***ER ***ER this is Alpha000 coming in with a 57 year old male involved with MVC VS CAR" my preceptor looks at the RN standing in front of the radio and says"MVC vs CAR?! Don't bother at this rate I'm sure he'll be dead before they figure out how to get here."

CobraIV

Forum Crew Member
this girl who was a mess was on the radio and said "Meow"....FIRED!!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
this girl who was a mess was on the radio and said "Meow"....FIRED!!!

I don't think I could work in the U.S. if I got fired every time I said meow on the radio.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Last night there was a fire dispatch for a "cat stuck in a wall". I was surprised I didn't hear one "meow".

thatSPIKYflip

Forum Probie
PD Unit: Dispatch, start me an FD unit to the bingo hall for a small fire in the cigarette receptacle
Dispatch: Received, sending an engine

---One minute later---

PD Sgt: I'm on scene with the raging inferno that is the cigarette receptacle

---Five minutes after arriving on scene---

FD Engine: We're clear, there was no fire - just smoldering ash in the receptacle. Put out with a water bottle

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I don't think I could work in the U.S. if I got fired every time I said meow on the radio.

My partners are forever meowing in the background to make me laugh on the radio. Once it made me aspirate an m&m, cough like crazy and I couldn't talk. The dispatcher kept prompting "medic 2, repeat?" And my partner was laughing so hard he couldn't talk either.

Finally I choked out the message to end the drama.

Got a text from the asst chief. "Y'all ok? What's going on?"

Uh invasion by hostile faux felines?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Had a page the other day on the actual pager we have for an auto-aid agreement. All it said was "at general store, meth head."

Thanks for being honest I guess?

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow if meowing got me fired, I would be in trouble spent the weekend Mooing at dispatch; and when security asked for a better description of the cows (meaning better location) I spent 3 minutes describing what cows looked like

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Last night there was a fire dispatch for a "cat stuck in a wall". I was surprised I didn't hear one "meow".

I had a woman request FD for her puppy under the house... She wasn't happy when we explained:
1. If it got under there and is not stuck....it will come out
2. I'm not tying up firefighters, let alone potential injuring one for that call.

I've done this one before:
PD dispatch:"123 10-25(go to)xyz middle of nowhere (probably 40 miles from his current location and 10 miles from indoor plumbing) for an alarm".
123: copy, enroute
(2 minutes later alarm company cancels)
PD dispatch: dispatch, 123
(silence)
PD dispatch: dispatch, 123
123:10-12 (standby) dispatch (in a particularly nasty a-hole tone)
(35 minutes pass, mind you no other calls have come along)
123:10-23(on location)
PD Dispatch: 10-4, you can 10-22 (disregard) alarm company canceled 35 min ago...

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
En route to an unknown medical when we got an update from dispatch.

"RP stated that they have gained entry to the apartment and advised that there are feces literally everywhere before they disconnected."

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
"RP stated that they have gained entry to the apartment and advised that there are feces literally everywhere before they disconnected."

That would be my cue to put in a second piece of gum. Talk about your heart sinking!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That would be my cue to put in a second piece of gum. Talk about your heart sinking!

"Deputies advise that patient is most likely dead." If they call it in like that, it's time for more mints.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
I didnt hear it but I caused it.

We were posted by the zoo today and a peacock kept making noise. I was bored so I youtubed peakcock calls.
I key up the PA and let it play. To my surprise the peacock responded. For the LOL's I did it again just as my partner keyed up to ackowledge a post move.

Dispatch: medic 11 post 4
Medic 11: *peacock noises*
Dispatch: medic 11 could you repeat?
Medic 11: were clear
Dispatch: (uncontrollable laughter) much better

I called dispatch after to see if it was broadcast. He laughed when I told him what I was doing. He also informed me the wolves howl at sirens at night.........been trying to get back to the zoo.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Only in Maine...

Dispatch: Acton fire, your second tone to respond to ____ Rd, about a half-mile in, for a small outside fire that the sheriff's office needs extinguished. Advising that the trail will be marked with a bud lite and two PBR cans.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Parked in the zoo parking lot at night, it was quiet and screened from the road by trees so we didn't get bothered much.

Had a new partner one night, who I didn't think about not knowing the sounds of the zoo. Had a mountain lion scream at one point just as she got out to smoke, and my partner screamed so loud all of the animals woke up. She thought it was someone screaming.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Hearing interns try and give ring downs to the hospital is always amusing...

"Um... patient is a 30 year old female... on arrival patient was in a severe level of distress... Uh... vital signs are uh... tachycardia... um... Patient is no longer in distress... um...."

[Preceptor apparently grabbed the radio at this point] "Sorry about that. Medic 50 with a 5 minute ETA, 30 year old female with anxiety."

*Click*