Dumbest thing heard on the radio

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Our dispatcher was trying to set off our tones for the ambulance and fire department for a shooting but kept dropping the tone. After about the third try and messing up again she said son of a B*tch not knowing she had the mic still keyed up, so it went out on everyone's radio. It was pretty funning.

MTEMTB

Forum Crew Member
Was transporting a pt yesterday when he started going south, Called for ALS since we are only BLS. Dispatcher came back and told me to call 911. <_<

Achilles

Forum Moron
Was transporting a pt yesterday when he started going south, Called for ALS since we are only BLS. Dispatcher came back and told me to call 911. <_<

Lol :rofl:

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Sent for a transfer and read the notes on the MDC. Under diagnosis was : Necktits fashion. My partner and I were very confused until we arrived and a nurse clarified that the patient had necrotizing fasciitis.

:rolleyes:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Local volunteer chief: "Ellicott 3303 is in the area on a smoke investigation."
"Dispatch ok."
Chief: "Fire Dispatch be advised that errrrrrrr OH MY GOD dispatch stand by."
"Dispatch ok."
Chief: "Fire dispatch be advised that we have a massive and I mean huge dust devil headed towards the county and uh err yea well err it's real big."
"Dispatch ok, any smoke in the area?"
Chief: "That's a negative and uh the dust devil has err uh gone away somehow err."
"Dispatch ok."

Glucatron

Forum Crew Member
Favorite tone: "Amb 2 respond to the detox center for a man bit by spider, says he's having a reaction."
Further information: " Staff on scene say they cannot find spider,"
And finally: " Staff on scene confirmed they have found and isolated the spider"

My crew and I laughed so hard. Cannot find spider? Oh Sh*%! I was hoping they would come back on the air and say something like, " AMB 2 evacuate evacuate! Spider is on the loose! He's just too strong!"

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Favorite tone: "Amb 2 respond to the detox center for a man bit by spider, says he's having a reaction."
Further information: " Staff on scene say they cannot find spider,"
And finally: " Staff on scene confirmed they have found and isolated the spider"

My crew and I laughed so hard. Cannot find spider? Oh Sh*%! I was hoping they would come back on the air and say something like, " AMB 2 evacuate evacuate! Spider is on the loose! He's just too strong!"

I can see it now

dispatch we need backup!!........and raid!!!

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
Recently heard a rural fire dept near where I work get dispatched to assist law enforcement in removing an injured horse from the roadway. Dispatch asked for a status update a little while later... Shouting to be heard over the chainsaw in the background the chief yelled, "The removal is proceeding slowly but surely!"

Well done chief, you had us all rolling.

Hahaha. I know a chief and two captains I can picture in this exact scenario.

NJpilot63

Forum Ride Along
Fire department responds with us to ALS calls. This was after both our ambulance and fire went in service to a call for chest pains.

Fire: "Dispatch, Engine 1's on scene. 2.5 story residential, nothing showing from the exterior. Engine 1'll be **** Street command, investigating"

Dispatch: "Received.... And you're out there for the medical, right?"

Fire: "Ahh... yeah. Engine 1's on scene."

Dispatch: "That's better.... On scene, 1342."

Casey Sanders

Forum Ride Along
Dispatch: tc29a
crew: 29a
d: respond to two persons stuck in a restroom stall
c: ........ please repeat county.
d: respond to two person such in the bathroom.
c: copy.
(ambulance company dispatch=tcd)
c:29a responding
tcd: confirmed, responding to 1 male and 1 female locked and unable to get out.
c: *suppressed laughing* copy
c: 29a
d: 29a go ahead
c: is tpd on scene?
d: affirmative
c: (off radio) go lights & sirens
5 minutes later
tcd: tc dispatch to county dispatch
d: go ahead tc
tcd: correct me of I'm wrong but xxx pt called from cell phone right?
d: affirmative.
tcd: why don't they just use the light of their phones to find their way out?
fire crew and tpd all laughing their tail ends off.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Dispatch: Unit 356, are you available?
356: Physically or emotionally? (truck got hammered that day, 17 calls in 12 hours)
D: Uhhhhhh, Physically?
356: not tonight dispatch, but you can come over tomorrow night
D: 356, respond to 123 any street blah blah, and call me immediately
356: You moving pretty quick D, ill call you in a bit

Maniacal laughter could be heard in the dispatch room, totally awkward, those guys were run down

Highlander

Forum Crew Member
Dispatch: Unit 356, are you available?
356: Physically or emotionally? (truck got hammered that day, 17 calls in 12 hours)
D: Uhhhhhh, Physically?
356: not tonight dispatch, but you can come over tomorrow night
D: 356, respond to 123 any street blah blah, and call me immediately
356: You moving pretty quick D, ill call you in a bit

Maniacal laughter could be heard in the dispatch room, totally awkward, those guys were run down

We all know they need humor to! Haha but still great job, had me laughing my head off.

UndeadEMT

Forum Ride Along
:)

"Rural XXX Dept stand-by for tones"
*Tones* Medic X and Engine X respond to 123 Easy Street for Domestic"
"Uhhh I believe that's PD you're looking for.."
"Medic X and Engine X.....Disregard"

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
One of our battalion chiefs announced that he was responding "code orange". We never did get an explanation for that one.