Dumbest thing heard on the radio

dcemr7

Forum Probie
A paramedic friend of mine was transporting a patient code 3 to the hospital one day and she got rather flustered with the traffic so she grabbed the "PA" mic and yelled "What do you think this is a m----- f------ ice cream truck?!?!" The only problem is that she grabbed the radio mic instead and broadcast that on a channel that every ambulance in the county was on and also the Emergency Services chiefs. She didn't get in trouble but she still hears about that one.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Probably better she grabbed the radio than the loud hailer...

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
A paramedic friend of mine was transporting a patient code 3 to the hospital one day and she got rather flustered with the traffic so she grabbed the "PA" mic and yelled "What do you think this is a m----- f------ ice cream truck?!?!" The only problem is that she grabbed the radio mic instead and broadcast that on a channel that every ambulance in the county was on and also the Emergency Services chiefs. She didn't get in trouble but she still hears about that one.

Sounds like she needs to take a vacation...

Sounds like she has no business driving code.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Sounds like normal behavior in Boston. Though I confine my screaming to inside the cab. Usually.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I got on the PA one night and told a car in front of me to move out of my way before I got out and beat his car with a Baseball bat. My partner asked me if I realized it was a deputy sheriff car.
I responded Yes I know, and he shouldnt be allowed to drive: all of it was on PA.

Dispatch called 30 minutes later trying to find out why a deputy was on the phone wanting to talk to us, and wanting to apologize to us.

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
On a really quiet night, probably a little before midnight, I just someone make a weird sound effects (not really sure how to describe it). Partner and I look over at the radio and just hear someone scream "IS ANYONE OUT THERE!" over the channel. We looked at each other and lol'd.

tennisaceflink

Forum Ride Along
the other day i heard the police get dispatched to "a turtle and a raccoon fighting in the middle of the road" my tax dollars at work lol

ive also been paged out to "some sort of medical emergency" well duh! hence why the called the ambulance!

sleepless near seattle

Forum Probie
Here we get stuff like: " respond to _____. Patient non responsive, but breathing". I laugh every time because I have this image in my mind of someone breathing through their nether orifice. It is the eternal 11 year old in me I guess.

I've seen T shirts at a few different Fire/EMS events with big, bold lettering on back "Unconscious Butt Breathing"

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
I'd be shocked if no one else has been told " enter in the back door".

When I was precepting at school, my medic gleefully told me of the radio shenanigans he managed to pul over on dispatch one day.

Dispatch: "Rescue 1 respond for a non-syncopal fall at 123 nursing home lane. Staff advises rescue to enter from the rear."
Medic: "Rescue 1 copies, entering from the rear!!"
Dispatch: (laughter in background) "Ten.... tenfour!"

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We play the meow game on the internal service radio net a lot... And sometimes include dispatch in on the fun...
"3801 clearing scene with two refusals right meow"

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Just the other day I was dispatched to seizures in a church meeting hall. The dispatcher said, "use the back door"

I responded, "medic 101 copied. Church hall for seizures, gonna enter from the rear."

I thought my partner was going to die. :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I work in a well known city for its gay parades and gay/lesbian communities.

It's common practice to advise dispatch that we are going to be entering from the rear or the back door.

emsred23

Forum Ride Along
EMS already on scene of cpr in progress....

Supervisor: Als unit can you advise your location?

Unit: THE HOUSE WITH AN AMBULANCE OUT SIDE AND 2 MORONS DOING CPR!!!

Supervisor:........uh.... check.

med109

Forum Crew Member
Heard a dispatcher request an officer to ___ location for a cow in the roadway.

Officer responds "can you please describe the cow"

Dispatcher silent for a couple seconds, then responds "it is big and brown, and says moo"

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Recently heard a rural fire dept near where I work get dispatched to assist law enforcement in removing an injured horse from the roadway. Dispatch asked for a status update a little while later... Shouting to be heard over the chainsaw in the background the chief yelled, "The removal is proceeding slowly but surely!"

Well done chief, you had us all rolling.