Does Your Service Provide Stethoscope In The Box?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Title says it all.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

2 of em. One in the jump bag and one hanging in the back. Most employees have their own though. I have serious issues letting others use my ears, no telling what funking bug they may be hosting.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
3. Two hanging on the wall, one in the bag. Dual-lumen style. Not bad, but I still carry my own.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Two in the ambulance, one in the jump bag. Mixture of the dual-lumen and cheaply single-lumen. They all blow and are usually damaged, so I always use my own.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
At least 1 in the back, one in the giant all-in-one first in bag, and one in the "secondary bag" that never gets used. I think we have to have them to pass inspection in those places. They're all Moore single lumens which are not the worst but are close. I bring my own and generally do not share, I don't like sharing ear wax.

OP
OP
medic417

medic417

The Truth Provider
Having 2 in the box is pretty worthless in my opinion. I didn't ask about the ambulance I asked about the box. Come on people get with the program. :p

Why? Tired of all the expressions people throw out there instead of saying ambulance. People say box, bus all expressions that someone thought sounded cool in school or when watching TV so they stuck.

So we are in the ems lounge so lets run with this (really figured someone would have caught where I posted and called me out on the joke). What do you call it in reality? What do you call it in fun or frustration? What should we call it?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So we are in the ems lounge so lets run with this (really figured someone would have caught where I posted and called me out on the joke). What do you call it in reality? What do you call it in fun or frustration? What should we call it?

Let's see. rig, truck, box, bus, van, car for the non-pejoratives.

Whaaaambulance, boo-boo bus or box, bandaid bus or box, taxi, medi-taxi, urban outdoorsman transportation vehicle, and that POS over there in the corner.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Having 2 in the box is pretty worthless in my opinion. I didn't ask about the ambulance I asked about the box. Come on people get with the program. :p

Why? Tired of all the expressions people throw out there instead of saying ambulance. People say box, bus all expressions that someone thought sounded cool in school or when watching TV so they stuck.

Boo boo bus, crown taxi , rig, vambulance (we only have type 2s in the province ) and a few others.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

And what exactly is wrong with calling it a bus, box, or car? Absolutely nothing other than stupid nit picking.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Yup, one in the trauma bag, one in the airway bag, one somewhere near the bench seat, usually hung on the crash webbing.

JPINFV

Gadfly

Well, 2 in the box is worth one in the hand... or something like that.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'll accept box, bone box, etc as long as I can refer to a fire engine as a plumber bus and a fire truck as "the roofers."

OP
OP
medic417

medic417

The Truth Provider
And what exactly is wrong with calling it a bus, box, or car? Absolutely nothing other than stupid nit picking.

Really? The public hears you call it bus and decides hey all they are is a bus so why not use it, plus it's free as long as I say I need to go to the hospital. Not publics fault that they do not understand that the ambulance when properly staffed is a mobile ER.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It's a unit and a number. If you really cared you'd pull a Chad Ochocinco and change your last name.

-Joe SetentaCinco.

OP
OP
medic417

medic417

The Truth Provider
It's a unit and a number. If you really cared you'd pull a Chad Ochocinco and change your last name.

-Joe SetentaCinco.

Hey the powers that be won't let me change my name to La Ambulancia.:sad:

:p

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Seriously? Maybe people call it different things because nobody gives a :censored::censored::censored::censored: and everyone with half a functioning brain understands what you're talking about. To say that patients think of it as a free ride because someone calls it a bus is idiotic.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Seriously? Maybe people call it different things because nobody gives a :censored::censored::censored::censored: and everyone with half a functioning brain understands what you're talking about. To say that patients think of it as a free ride because someone calls it a bus is idiotic.

Agreed. I like to call it the horizontal taxi.

OP
OP
medic417

medic417

The Truth Provider

It's idiotic to say it will not harm the public perception. The public is at a complete loss about EMS and much of it comes from so many terms being used by those in EMS.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
1 stethoscope. If there is a jump bag, there is usually a stethoscope in there too.