COVID VACCINE - The Megathread

Would you get the Pfizer vaccine if it were available to you?

• Total voters

Summit

Critical Crazy
J&J's crap efficacy is the issue more than rare adverse events.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I missed this update at first, but the healthcare vaccine mandate is no longer on a court ordered stay in about half the states.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Got my Moderna booster today. I’ve been kinda stalling on it but decided to go ahead and do it.

I’m only 5 hours out and the aches are starting.. it’s going to be a long night..

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Got my Moderna booster today. I’ve been kinda stalling on it but decided to go ahead and do it.

I’m only 5 hours out and the aches are starting.. it’s going to be a long night..
Did you take an NSAID beforehand? I popped 1 Aleve just before going for the booster and had zero symptoms.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief

Enjoy your cytokine storm. Mine lasted two days.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Isreal has now started recommending a 4th vaccine dose. If this keeps up, we're going to need quartley vaccinations.

Summit

Critical Crazy

Isreal has now started recommending a 4th vaccine dose. If this keeps up, we're going to need quartley vaccinations.
Only for highest risk persons/immunocompromised... Israel doesn't like to accept casualties.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Only for highest risk persons/immunocompromised... Israel doesn't like to accept casualties.
That just means they're the first. It won't be long before everyone is recommend to get another booster.

Kevinf

Forum Captain
That just means they're the first. It won't be long before everyone is recommend to get another booster.
You'd almost think there was a global pandemic going on.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
You'd almost think there was a global pandemic going on.
You'd almost think there has never been a global pandemic before.

So far everything we've been told to do to combat this pandemic has been way less efficient then we were led to believe. Two weeks to flatten the curve, social distancing, masks, vaccines and now boosters. All have helped to some degree, but none have lived up to their hype.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

So far everything we've been told to do to combat this pandemic has been way less efficient then we were led to believe. Two weeks to flatten the curve, social distancing, masks, vaccines and now boosters. All have helped to some degree, but none have lived up to their hype.
And they'll tell us that it isn't a problem with the interventions or just the nature of a highly potent virus in the age of globalization, but its all the fault of the drooling, uneducated masses for being too stubborn and uncooperative to do exactly what they are told by "the officials" despite the fact that those officials have proven themselves time and again to be incompetent and dishonest.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

I think all of those things listed would have been much more effective if the entire population did them. Look at the countries that really clamped down on everything such as New Zealand and how they were to completely eliminate all COVID cases in their country for a long time and are really only getting hit now with it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I think all of those things listed would have been much more effective if the entire population did them. Look at the countries that really clamped down on everything such as New Zealand and how they were to completely eliminate all COVID cases in their country for a long time and are really only getting hit now with it.
Apples and oranges..

It is much easier to isolate an island nation with different laws and rights.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Apples and oranges..

It is much easier to isolate an island nation with different laws and rights.
Sure it’s a different population but all of the actions they took were the same actions that we put in place. Everything was less effective because we were less effective at following it. Nations who strictly followed it were much more effective.

They followed strong stay at home protocols, social distancing, mask wearing, staying home if you are sick, and also have around 80% of their entire population fully vaccinated. Those were all the same policies that the US attempted to use.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sure it’s a different population but all of the actions they took were the same actions that we put in place. Everything was less effective because we were less effective at following it. Nations who strictly followed it were much more effective.

They followed strong stay at home protocols, social distancing, mask wearing, staying home if you are sick, and also have around 80% of their entire population fully vaccinated. Those were all the same policies that the US attempted to use.

I think DesertMedic66 is addressing compliance with public health measures. I don't think he's saying the U.S. is like New Zealand.
They also set up police checkpoints to enforce the quarantine. Sure, some of the fundamental steps they took were similar, but public compliance is a lot different when it is being enforced at the end of a badge.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
They also set up police checkpoints to enforce the quarantine. Sure, some of the fundamental steps they took were similar, but public compliance is a lot different when it is being enforced at the end of a badge.
The issue, I believe, isn't New Zealand; it's compliance with public health initiatives in the U.S. I don't have the tools to measure it. All I have is pre-2020 memories of employer-mandated vaccinations treated as routine by me and my coworkers. We didn't over-think the premise that it's bad for healthcare workers to infect their patients. There was no option not to get vaccinated and remain employed. Were we wrong then? Should we have had rights to opt out of public health initiatives and remain members of our communities? What about now?