COVID VACCINE - The Megathread

Would you get the Pfizer vaccine if it were available to you?

• Total voters

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain

Pfizer Whistleblower Leaks Execs Emails: ‘We Want to Avoid Having Info on Fetal Cells Out There'​

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Another post without a shred of effort made. Video posts without accompanying thoughts should probably be considered spam.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Yea, that's straight up trollin with antivax propos.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
And here I am signing up for my Pfizer booster shot.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
LOL. See that Project Veritas logo? Far-right propaganda group. That post should be removed. If you want to go full anti-vax, at least try to use a more reputable source.
Removing a post like that would just feed the claims that their viewpoints are being censored, distracting from the real issues of what Covid presents. The best way to deal with posts like that is to either ignore them or destroy them by pointing out what they've got wrong. It is not to censor them.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Moderna won't share its vaccine recipe in order to increase production world wide, instead opting to scale up its own production.

Given the problems J&J had with outsourcing production, I can see see their point but at the same time it means even more risk free profits for the company.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Removing a post like that would just feed the claims that their viewpoints are being censored, distracting from the real issues of what Covid presents. The best way to deal with posts like that is to either ignore them or destroy them by pointing out what they've got wrong. It is not to censor them.
I see your point, but it gets very tedious and exhausting if you repeatedly have to put for that level of effort to refute obvious propaganda. The advantage is to the person posting the BS video. It's easy to find more BS.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I see your point, but it gets very tedious and exhausting if you repeatedly have to put for that level of effort to refute obvious propaganda. The advantage is to the person posting the BS video. It's easy to find more BS.
Are you sure? maybe they are right? It's only propaganda because you don't like what they are claiming; that doesn't make it factually incorrect unless you can show why it's wrong.

I might call the CDC propaganda... how are they any more or less credible than project veritas? After all, the CDC has put out conflicting information, flip-flopped on various topics, and our elected leaders have directly contributed to the vaccine hesitancy...

BTW, I am not a fan of Project Veritas's right wing propaganda, any more than I am a fan of MSNBC & CNN's left wing propaganda... but you shouldn't censor them just because you don't like what they claim: only if you have a credible source showing what they are saying is factually inaccurate

Summit

Critical Crazy
Your devil's advocacy relies on endorsing specious reasoning.

When you deal with COVID all day, it gets exhausting. Conspiracy theorists have stamina and it is much easier to post a youtube video than a debunk. I need to ride my bike. So I'll let someone else put the effort in.

Kevinf

Forum Captain
But requiring that a poster actually be willing to comment* on their OWN post is not censorship. I could drop hundreds of single image and single video posts ALL DAY LONG and require that the rest of the forum spend time exhaustively refuting my garbage posts that took about 3 seconds to generate. This is a discussion forum, not an image board, facebook, or someone's personal blog. We shouldn't be encouraging low-value content if we want a high-quality discussion board. This poster has already trashed the last two pages of discussion by many forum members pointing out how low-value the post was. We can make the rest of this thread replies of "your source is garbage and why can't you post your own thoughts" if we really want to... but I'm not sure that raises the quality of the forum.

I consider a post with nothing but a video in it the same as a post with nothing but an URL in it... basically spam. See my AMAZING contribution to the forum directly below (it's the same as Kavs)!

*Preferably commentary more substantial than "Hey look at this!" or "I COMPLETELY AGREE".

Last edited:

Kevinf

Forum Captain

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Another post without a shred of effort made. Video posts without accompanying thoughts should probably be considered spam.
So are you okay with Big Pharma using aborted fetus's and fetal cell lines

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver

Fetal cell lines from the 70s and 80s were used for testing not in the manufacture of the vaccine. So nice try , but next time maybe stop parroting this BS and say something that isn’t so easily disprovable. And as a practicing Catholic, I’m very okay with those cell lines being used to save thousands of lives. Thanks for playing. BTW at least one of the links above directly address that ridiculous video.

Last edited:

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Sure. Waste not, want not. You know there are medically necessary abortions right? And people actually sign up to be organ donors, or donate their body to science and research for the betterment of humanity. But that's a nice catchy headline to get a certain sect of folks RILED right up.

FYI, I'm an organ donor... it's right there on my drivers license.

Q8PnStE.png

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Interesting tidbit buried at the end. The OSHA mandate will be an Emergency Temporary Standard and not a federal rule that goes through the actual approval process.

It's less clear how courts could rule on a nationwide Labor Department mandate. Emergency temporary standards do not go through as rigorous an approval process as other federal rules and are subject to greater legal scrutiny.

OSHA has only issued 10 emergency temporary standards since 1971, six of them were challenged in court and only one was upheld. If the rule is not carefully tailored to address the risk to workplace safety from COVID-19, it could be overturned.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

According to this study, mixing vaccine types for boosters may be more effective than using the same vaccine, except in the case of the Moderna vaccine.

Link to non-peer reviewed preprint:

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I’m ready for my booster. I had the Moderna, I had the Rona, I choose the former.

And yes, I am well aware of all political implications. Politics and medicine mix as well as politics and anything else. Blugh.

I’m also ready for the word “pandemic” to no longer be a thing. When will a common cold go back to being a common effing cold already?

This whole pariah feeling just for being stuffed up during, well, cold, flu, and allergies season is assanine already.

I am speaking (venting) generally here, but my most recent test was negative so that’s good.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I’m ready for my booster. I had the Moderna, I had the Rona, I choose the former.

And yes, I am well aware of all political implications. Politics and medicine mix as well as politics and anything else. Blugh.

I’m also ready for the word “pandemic” to no longer be a thing. When will a common cold go back to being a common effing cold already?

This whole pariah feeling just for being stuffed up during, well, cold, flu, and allergies season is assanine already.

I am speaking (venting) generally here, but my most recent test was negative so that’s good.
Just got my booster yesterday. I’m feeling it today