COVID VACCINE - The Megathread

Would you get the Pfizer vaccine if it were available to you?

• Total voters

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Part of it may be that since a vaccinated person already has antibodies, the MaB treatment may not be as effective as on someone who wasn't vaccinated. That's pure speculation on my part. But if I were vaccinated and still needed this level of treatment, I sure would resent the fact that someone who chose not to get vaccinated gets a higher priority.

Also there's something else I hear that tickles me... "we don't know what's in the vaccine / we don't know the long term effects"... umm... we have over a century of data and experience with vaccines. We sure don't have over a century of data on monoclonal antibody treatments... or a century of data on Covid-19 infections. Get your head on straight and stop listening to facebook medical group and talking head who's vaccinated but still looks at you cross-eyed and questions whether YOU should get vaccinated.

Last edited:

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Here's part 2 of the video and this will make you question the FDA and the people who work for the FDA and what they think about the vaccine and your health.

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Can we not turn this forum into facebook 2.0? If you want to discuss something, maybe post your own thoughts instead of regurgitating clickbait videos.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Here's part 2 of the video and this will make you question the FDA and the people who work for the FDA and what they think about the vaccine and your health.
No, I assure you this YouTube video from a dubious source will do absolutely nothing for me to question the FDA or public health community.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Also there's something else I hear that tickles me... "we don't know what's in the vaccine / we don't know the long term effects"... umm... we have over a century of data and experience with vaccines. We sure don't have over a century of data on monoclonal antibody treatments... or a century of data on Covid-19 infections. Get your head on straight and stop listening to facebook medical group and talking head who's vaccinated but still looks at you cross-eyed and questions whether YOU should get vaccinated.
We have over a century of data on mRNA vaccines?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
So you have a video of some (likely) ground level employee obsessed with blow darts? Big deal. Hell, I've said the same thing about Ketamine. Honestly, I think the public would be appalled if they heard the conversations that go on in the cab of an ambulance.

Summit

Critical Crazy
What a bunch of crap.

1. Youtube
2. From a poorly regarded partisan source (Project Veritas is considered very questionable even within the conservative news space due to their reputation for disingenuous editing and misrepresentation in hit pieces)
3. The cover picture with a JUDE gold star that the Nazis made the Jews wear in comparison to choice like vaccination

You have told me everything about the lack of credibility of that source as well as your your inability to parse wheat from chaff.

We are supposed to be professionals here.

Last edited:

Kevinf

Forum Captain

Summit

Critical Crazy
We don't have a century of mRNA data, and we don't really need to because all it does is make a protein to be the antigen thus over a century of vaccination data applies generally to COVID vaccines whether they use mRNA or not. However, we have more data on these COVID vaccines than all the other vaccines ever. Never in human history has vaccine deployment been so closely, thoroughly, and broadly studied and scrutinized because never have so much money, resources, technology, time and effort been put into a vaccine development and deployment effort.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

The CDC has now approved the booster shot for high risk groups. It is interesting to note the CDC director overruled the panel of experts about boosters for those 18-40 in high risk occupations.

Summit

Critical Crazy
The discussion was interesting. Apparently there were no-voters on the panel that were voicing concerns about a booster recommendation hurting confidence among antivaxxers. CDC head probably thought "well if it is safe and effective and those folks are going to refuse anyway, then why would we not approve based on presumed further irrational fears? "

I think they missed an opportunity to make some statement about documented previous infection via reactive Ab or positive PCR test to indicate only one dose of mRNA vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated, but of course that was not the question before ACIP, nor was Moderna or JJ, it was only "who should boost with Pfizer."

Last edited:

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently I'm eligible for a booster due to occupation.

Still on the fence, at this point im likely going to hold out till they figure out if this is going to be a yearly booster or a 3 and done. Just not on board with being poked every 6 months.

Unless of course the definition of fully vaccinated is changed and I'm required to get it.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Still on the fence, at this point im likely going to hold out till they figure out if this is going to be a yearly booster or a 3 and done. Just not on board with being poked every 6 months.
I feel differently. I'll go with the medical consensus now and not worry about how the recommendations may change. My goal is simply to minimize my chances of death and disability without incurring a financial burden or high risk of significant side effects. If the best way to achieve that turned out to be weekly shots, I'd take them.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I was able to schedule my booster shot for Tuesday. Finally gave me an option to select high risk of exposure due to occupation. Wouldn't let me earlier this week saying I was not eligible. Website needed updating. My first two shots, pfizer, I don't think I had any symptoms so I'm interested to know if I'll be symptom free.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Who didn't see this one coming?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently NYS is going to use US Military? The unions are going to SCREAM!

Im getting LOTS of popcorn 🍿 and beer 🍺.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT