Bonnaroo Medics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed myself, don't get me wrong. However, you can clearly see from the pics how tired and hot I was by the last day. I certainly couldn't do this in a 7 on/7 off type of capacity like ambulance work. Thank God Bonnaroo only happens once a year. I will definately work the next one.

did they allow you access back stage? that woulda been cool

ive always wanted to do event stand-bys etc.. as i am a big concert goer

did they allow you access back stage? that woulda been cool

ive always wanted to do event stand-bys etc.. as i am a big concert goer

I worked the centeroo tent the first night. The second two nights, I alternated between, VIP Viewing Area, VIP Access, VIP Backstage, Crowd Control, Which Stage, What Stage, That Tent, This Tent, Other Tent, Comedy Tent, Cinema Tent, Planet Roo, The arches, and Centeroo.

I absolutely loved the John Fogerty set! Here is one of his performances..

[YOUTUBE]EO4FzPjh-xg[/YOUTUBE]

I had a great time at bonnaroo, and I am thankful for all the nurses, medics, emt's, and physicians I worked with that all did their part to make sure that this event was safe and fun for everyone!

On an interesting somewhat relevant side note....

EMS at Woodstock

I love working events, marathons, concerts, etc....

Awesome article...thanks for posting.

Are these events the origin of the "talkdown" technique?

Looks like a blast. I haven't been to a huge event like that in ages, I miss them.

My dad owns and runs the company that used to do staging, lighting, and sound tech for the entire festival (in partnership with another Cincinnati company), until it became a mostly union venue. I remember being 12 years old, going down there the day before it opened, and getting to meet some of the indie artists, even though I'd never heard of them before.

Are these events the origin of the "talkdown" technique?

That started at Woodstock from what I understand, so yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Bonnaroo check today! 600 big ones! (Have a galls.com window open as we speak)... happy as a clam :)

2011?

Any word yet on the 2011 Bonnaroo medical schedule? I turned my stuff in weeks ago, but haven't heard anything yet.

On a side note, is it worth the heat and mud and bugs and mosquitoes and crowds and conditions for what? $ 10 an hour? ..........just askin'

I love medical events, im working the Vans Warped Tour and the Dave Matthews Caravan this year. Ive worked VWT 3 years before and i love it, lots of treats, great EMS personnel, get to meet members from other squads, and see some good stuff. DMB is a new event, so we will see how that goes

I love medical events, im working the Vans Warped Tour and the Dave Matthews Caravan this year. Ive worked VWT 3 years before and i love it, lots of treats, great EMS personnel, get to meet members from other squads, and see some good stuff. DMB is a new event, so we will see how that goes

Definitely tons of fun. I've worked the vans warped tour before, and am working the glee concert this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotel is a Gleek! haha!

OMG....Bonnaroo is insane. I don't like the lineup this year. It is a bunch of dirty, smelly, drugged-up hippies camping in tents in a large field listening to music all day and night. They typically get some good acts. I'm just not a fan of this year's. I'm sure you will see a bunch of OD's. I've heard so many stories!

Well, it's day one for me here at the Roo....I really do hope to meet medicRob and some of you other EMTlifer's out here. If you're looking for me, I am in the ugly purple dodge with the messed up front end in the medical compound. B)

Well, it's day one for me here at the Roo....I really do hope to meet medicRob and some of you other EMTlifer's out here. If you're looking for me, I am in the ugly purple dodge with the messed up front end in the medical compound. B)

I'll be there in a few hours. I don't work til Saturday.

I'm at the back of the medical camping. Next to the giant white carport stop by I've got lone star on ice.

So wishing I was there. Enjoy yourselves

I'm at the back of the medical camping. Next to the giant white carport stop by I've got lone star on ice.

Run into Rob by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back