Best Pranks

medic417

The Truth Provider
Change your name to Professor Fun's Done!!! You'll do great in the front office! :rolleyes:

No I just know the difference in being a professional and being a junior high kid.

Captn' Tuddle

Forum Crew Member
Had a coworker who was did the same think every day. Come into work, reach blindly into his locker for his uniform, name tag ect. He was a big 'The Office' fan so I put his name tag in a jello mold and put it back in its normal spot. He comes into work, reaches blindly into his locker, and "splerch" gets a handful of jello. :lol:

Too bad he knew it was me in an instant...
(By the way, we have tons of spare name tags (ordering error) so no harm was done)

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT Dan

Forum Probie
No I just know the difference in being a professional and being a junior high kid.

I'm surprised there aren't more people outraged at all the junior high kids operating and running our nuclear-powered submarines.

Or, maybe (just maybe, but I hate to commit), there is a way to manage fun, stress-relieving, occasionally juvenile pranks AND still professionally run a high-tempo, high-stakes, complex job.

And believe me, there's this thing called the Uniform Code of Military Justice that has a field day discussing the...detrimental effects...of things that may be prejudicial to good order and discipline or bring discredit upon the armed forces. I think they call it a "no-no." Either way, it seems there is a way to reconcile some "juvenile" pranks and the UCMJ.

Gray

Forum Lieutenant
Honestly, if someone is going to turn me blue or do anything that cant be undone in a minute. Were going to have an issue. Sure pranks are ok, but when your going this far,. grow up.

Combat_Medic

Forum Crew Member
Our last field problem our new platoon sgt. got one of the new guys pretty good. The new guy had just PMCSed (checked the oil, the lights and all good stuff). The platoon sgt asked the new guy if he got an exhaust sample. Next thing I know I see the new guy outside with a trash bag up the the tail pipe while the truck was running. He asked me what to do with it so I told him to label the bag with the truck number and that it to the mechanics. :)

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
Our last field problem our new platoon sgt. got one of the new guys pretty good. The new guy had just PMCSed (checked the oil, the lights and all good stuff). The platoon sgt asked the new guy if he got an exhaust sample. Next thing I know I see the new guy outside with a trash bag up the the tail pipe while the truck was running. He asked me what to do with it so I told him to label the bag with the truck number and that it to the mechanics. :)

Got to admit, I was at one time the young private that was on the wrong side of this prank. It made me part of the team.

XxGAMBLExX

Forum Probie
My favorite was when we put Surgilube on the door handles of our agencies other rig. We happened to run into each other at the hospital, so we decided to lube their handles when they took their patient inside.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Back in the day, most of the pranks that I was a victim of seemed to revolve around the "off label use" of defib conductive gel. It seemed like that gunk wound up everywhere. Door handles. Windshield wipers. Inside your coat pockets or extrication gloves. Yuk.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
An EMT from another truck and I routinely play pranks on eachother.

It initially started with him turning my lights to the "on" position so when the truck was turned on, the lights would be on. My comeback was turning his siren on so when the truck started it blared.

Then he took the chairs from the kitchen and made my bed in to a bunk bed, so I took one of the chairs and put it in his drivers seat.

Then he arranged the furniture in my room making it really hard to get in, so I put ALL the station chairs in his room prohibiting entry.

Later, I took all the toilet paper rolls in the station and made a castle on his bed. His comeback was booby-trapping my room door so when I opened it, I had a bag of saline flying at my face. I dodged, but it still caught my shoulder.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
At the end of a 72 hour shift wait until someone is taking a shower and set the tones of pretending you have a call. It's pretty funny seeing crew members running to the engine with only half of their face shaved.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Best one that I have heard in a while; doesn't make anyone look juvenile or give a bad showing in public:

Coworker A put Coworker B's Harley up for sale on a local Sales website sponsored by a TV station: with caption that he caught his wife cheating and was selling her 2 y/o Harley for $500. Coworker B got 60+ phone calls in 10 minutes, until he forwarded his phone to Coworker A.

No harm, no foul, just funny to watch the reaction

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
A guy at my former station drives a smart car as his side job's business car. When he caught a run, we got his keys, drove it into the station and parked it in front of the TV. Right before he walked back in, we set the car alarm off. The look on his face was priceless :p

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Saran Wrap across the doorway to the room, so when bells go off there is a person imprint on it.

Saran wrap across the urinal, messy but funny.

Ketchup packages with a slight rip in it under the posts on the toilet seat so when you sit you get ketchup on the back of your legs.

Nathan

Forum Crew Member
Saran Wrap across the doorway to the room, so when bells go off there is a person imprint on it.

Saran wrap across the urinal, messy but funny.

Ketchup packages with a slight rip in it under the posts on the toilet seat so when you sit you get ketchup on the back of your legs.

The last one I read in a book, quite a hard read but enjoyable "Captain Underpants". Probably one of the greatest books of all time. :D

Anjel

Forum Angel
The last one I read in a book, quite a hard read but enjoyable "Captain Underpants". Probably one of the greatest books of all time. :D

I love captain underpants.

Also a good book...

"the day my butt went psycho"

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We did the same thing with bubble wrap. The pop-pop-pop sound it made startled our coworker.

canisdoo

Forum Ride Along
When their sleeping, see if you can slide their socks off, if not off already, and super glue the edges of their feet together. If you cant do that, then super glue two fingers together: a thumb and a index, a pinky and a ring...etc..

It is harmless and it is the funniest thing to watch them scramble when the tones go off. I also super glued a pen/stylet to their hand. Oops !! guess your riding the call. HAHA

Dim the lights then run fishing line across the bay door, common room or kitchen..

Caution this might break the chair. Tie the foot lever down when they are sleeping... Crappie flopping out of the chair.. classic.

Last but not least. Wait until the super/chief/capt/base manager is in the room. Best done when there is a quite day. Have some person call the station and complain. Give an address of a place you posted or call address. This one takes timing and good comradeship.....Pulled off correctly it is darn right funny. Takes a lot of work. I did it on a Vacation day. The whole base was super clean...even the hanger. Somebody leaked the truth and I was properly punished.. I wrote every PCR. cleaned the IBS toilet, stiffed dinner for 3..$85 out of my pocket..and my clear visor continues to have stickers on the inside.

Oh one more. Thinly sew some object in the sleeve, pant leg or crotch. DAMN I hate this one. I get it done to me at lease once a month.