Best Pranks

medic417

The Truth Provider
Obviously you didnt read it all, both paramedics got FIRED!

Obviously I did read it and firing had no bearing on my statement. Even if fired they could face criminal charges. I applaud the service for firing them for such dangerous and non professional actions.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
saline bag spiked, laid under front tire, line ran into cab through an open window, best if you have an older rig with the triangular vent windows, and have the line pointed at the seat, will soak em most times pretty good

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
followup on EMSdude;

Second bag taped to the passenger wheel, so that it has to go all the way around to hit the bag; aimed at the passenger. If the driver is fast enough in stopping, the passenger wont get hit until the driver is cleaned up and dried off; and the passenger thinks the driver did it to him to get even for the first one.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I had a partner that was working with someone else; parked downtown around the corner from the resturant that they were eating at. Their truck was off, and all doors locked, including the back, along with any compartments that could be reached through to the inside.

A police officer walked in and asked them if they belonged to the ambulance parked around the corner with the emergency lights on. They paid the bill and walked out, when they got to their truck all the lights were on and the doors still locked.
Got in turned off the lights, started the truck, my partner starts looking in the mirrors to pull out into traffic, and started swearing.
The inside rear view mirror showed the cot swaying in the back, it was hanging from the overhead handrails; tied with Gauze.
When they got in the back, held onto the cot, and cut it loose (turns out that it is almost impossible to do that without tipping the cot to the side or one end: turned out that everything in the inside compartments was lined up on the cot,, until they dumped it all on the floor. (We tried it later, it would have taken at least 4 people to set that up). but afterward it was funny.

nonameheroes

Forum Probie
This one isn't mine, I heard it from an instructor back in EMT school.

He works for the city at a FD station, and they just got a new Probie FF/Paramedic and they get the first Medical Aid call of the shift. The Fire truck gets there first and the Probie goes up to the door, my teacher and his medic partner trailing behind. They let the probie go inside first. They knock the door, a guy answers and is glad they're there. The probie is all excited cause its his first call ever, introduces himself and asks what was wrong. The guy at the door turned around, dropped trow and pointed to his rear. The probie went white like he just saw a ghost...the guy had a medium sized pickle jar stuck in his rear end...whole, not broken or anything. So they load him up and transport him. The next day the probie comes in for his shift, my teacher tells him there's a present in the fridge for him. The probie opens the door and there on the shelf is a jar of the same brand pickles with a note that reads (names changed): "Dear Timmy, thanks for all your help. Love Johnny".

Our class couldnt stop laughing for a good 20 minutes at that story

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
One prank that keeps rolling around our station, and continues to get people, even those of us that have pulled this prank is:

Wait untill people go to bed.
Get the sim-man.
Place sim-man in a seated position on the toilet.
turn off lights.
go back to bed.

When someone gets up at 03:00 to take a leak and flips the light on it freaks them out. Be careful, I did this, forgot I did this, and scared myself so bad I screamed.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I had a partner that was working with someone else; parked downtown around the corner from the resturant that they were eating at. Their truck was off, and all doors locked, including the back, along with any compartments that could be reached through to the inside.

A police officer walked in and asked them if they belonged to the ambulance parked around the corner with the emergency lights on. They paid the bill and walked out, when they got to their truck all the lights were on and the doors still locked.
Got in turned off the lights, started the truck, my partner starts looking in the mirrors to pull out into traffic, and started swearing.
The inside rear view mirror showed the cot swaying in the back, it was hanging from the overhead handrails; tied with Gauze.
When they got in the back, held onto the cot, and cut it loose (turns out that it is almost impossible to do that without tipping the cot to the side or one end: turned out that everything in the inside compartments was lined up on the cot,, until they dumped it all on the floor. (We tried it later, it would have taken at least 4 people to set that up). but afterward it was funny.

...and what would have happened if you would have been dispatched while your unit was in that condition?

I have nothing against pranks, except the one's that can interfere with a unit's ability to respond.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
We jacked up the drive wheels of our chief's POV. Took him calling out a mechanic friend of his to realize what was up.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Put one of those large (big as you can find) plastic zip-ties around someones main driveline. Only works of course if they have a rear wheel drive vehicle. Drives people INSANE!!!

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
Another good one. Take some gel-caps and empty them, refill with a powdered food coloring of your choice. Place them in the shower head. Wait for someone to take a shower. Blue works great. Had a kid show come to formation looking like a smurf.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Another good one. Take some gel-caps and empty them, refill with a powdered food coloring of your choice. Place them in the shower head. Wait for someone to take a shower. Blue works great. Had a kid show come to formation looking like a smurf.

Best part about this is, that it takes time for the caps to dissolve. They can turn on the shower, wait for it to warm up, and nothing will have happened until they've just about put the shampoo in their hair. :p

medic417

The Truth Provider
Best part about this is, that it takes time for the caps to dissolve. They can turn on the shower, wait for it to warm up, and nothing will have happened until they've just about put the shampoo in their hair. :p

LOL then when we ask the public for a pay raise they laugh and say no freaking way as all you guys do is play all day. :rolleyes::wacko:

This is not junior high people.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
LOL then when we ask the public for a pay raise they laugh and say no freaking way as all you guys do is play all day. :rolleyes::wacko:

This is not junior high people.

Yeah it's not junior high but having fun in the workplace is good because it relieves stress and makes things well fun lol

medic417

The Truth Provider
Yep, but there's no reason you can't have fun in your down time.

Fun yes. Having people respond looking like papa smurf no. Anything that delays care or makes us look non professional should not be done.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Jolly Ranchers work wonders in the shower head. They don't turn people colors, but they do make them sticky as heck. And they have no idea till they get out and dry off that they are sticky. :p

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Fun yes. Having people respond looking like papa smurf no. Anything that delays care or makes us look non professional should not be done.

Who said they were going to respond to a call? The only time I've done that was to a guy that was getting off shift, and getting ready for a date.

Now, if you want to talk about practical jokes to people on shift, I've got plenty for you.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

I agree, which is why I think this one is one of the better choices

One prank that keeps rolling around our station, and continues to get people, even those of us that have pulled this prank is:

Wait untill people go to bed.
Get the sim-man.
Place sim-man in a seated position on the toilet.
turn off lights.
go back to bed.

When someone gets up at 03:00 to take a leak and flips the light on it freaks them out. Be careful, I did this, forgot I did this, and scared myself so bad I screamed.