Zero Tolerance of Rudeness/Attacks/Inflammatory Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
And, you banned JPINFV, an intelligent clinician and future doctor who brought a lot to this forum.

JP got banned!? I have had several discussions with JP, which i considered to be extremely well civilized educated debates. I respected JP's views and respected him as a EMTLIFE.COM member. I do not understand why JP got banned!?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I can't help but feel as though our community forgets that our Community Leaders are actual living people, and not robots. While we attempt to be as objective and impartial as possible, and we are continue to try to create an atmosphere that encourages discussion and discourse.

There are members of this community that I annoy me beyond belief, but continue to post as they have not reached the threshold for loss of posting privileges. There are members who I personally like a lot, and who I'd love to be a part of our community, but currently aren't able to contribute due to infractions. In order for our community to function it's critical that we hold all of our members to the same standard.

It would really be unfortunate if you saw this as an us. vs. you battle, as ultimately it's our community that has to live with the outcome. It would be more beneficial if there were constructive suggestions as to how you believe we can better the community. You may not agree with our actions, but we are committed to bettering the community. Whether you feel that way not, realize that each of us has a significant amount of time and energy invested in EMTLife, and ultimately we only want the best for the community.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I am going to try to lay this out for you as gently as I can Chimpie.

That thread and those questions may not have made sense to you because you still are working under the protocols of a MFR.

My decision to remove the posts had nothing to do with my status as a MFR. In fact, I haven't worked as an MFR for several years. I'm 100% out of EMS.

Asking an EMT or even a Paramedic what they can and can not do is very relevant to the information that is posted for the answer. No two states, no two counties or two ambulance services may have the same protocols for the EMT-B or Paramedic. Nor do they have the same equipment.

Now, even at the BLS level there comes an issue with education. One should know how their equipment works, the benefits and the compllications as well as some information about the disease process. Yes, knowing what the poster knows about the disease process is important to see what needs to be clarified further. Just "doing a skill" because you can should NOT be acceptable. Yet, you deleted every post on that thread by myself, MrBrown, daedalus and others about pathophysiology, equipment use and medications. What did you expect? A one word answer or a simple recipe? I hate to tell you but even at the "BLS" level medicine is much more than that. It is also up for debate on many levels which is why we have medical journals full of fact finding missions and those searching for more knowledge or a better way.

The ranting and disagreements came when another member believed there is no need for more than a recipe to follow consisting of blanket statements.
There were so many off topic posts in that thread that it all had to be removed. When it gets to be that bad we don't have time to cherry pick posts in one particular thread to see what stays and what doesn't.

You do this forum a great disservice when you want this forum to remain at what you perceive to be a "BLS" level.
Where does that come from? (Feel free to address anything personal via PM. The forum is not the place for it.)

And, you banned JPINFV, an intelligent clinician and future doctor who brought a lot to this forum.
We do not discuss actions taken against our members except with those involved.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
that statement seems to me about as harsh as many of the statements made that are in question.
You're replying to a human, and you got an emotional response. If you'd rather talk to a robot then you'll have to visit elsewhere.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
You're replying to a human, and you got an emotional response. If you'd rather talk to a robot then you'll have to visit elsewhere.

pardon me, but i was under the impression this whole thread was about emotional responses and why the majority of them will get you in trouble

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief

And like wise Matt, your members are humans, not robots. Some members are knowledgeable, passionate, like to talk about EMS, and thus also give emotional responses. while i do not deny that some posts are questionable at best, as you one can infer from your previous statement, it is human to make emotional posts

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
that statement seems to me about as harsh as many of the statements made that are in question.
ffemt8978 told you that it is none of your business as to why a member got banned. I surely don't find the statement inappropriate, nor do I feel that it is a personal attack. Emotion is what makes life great. Personal attacks and insulting posts are not tolerated.

Again, I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is regarding the matter. These have always been our rules, but now we've committed ourselves to enforcing them. There are many other EMS communities out there that will allow you to post your every thought. You may want to try one of those.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
ffemt8978 told you that it is none of your business as to why a member got banned. I surely don't find the statement inappropriate, nor do I feel that it is a personal attack. Emotion is what makes life great. Personal attacks and insulting posts are not tolerated.

Again, I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is regarding the matter. These have always been our rules, but now we've committed ourselves to enforcing them. There are many other EMS communities out there that will allow you to post your every thought. You may want to try one of those.

I never asked why JP got banned. Seems to me that FFEMT8978 immediately took the defensive side....
Anyone who reads this threads history can see that i at no point asked why. and most would likely agree that JP was a productive member of this site. You can view a debate about education between the two of us, in which JP was entirely respectufull of my opinions and views, and rebutted against them using logic and thought provoking questions. I think Jp was a good member of our society, perhaps a reinstatement, may be discussed between the administrators of this site?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Yup maybe its time to go somewhere where an educational debate can occur. Sometimes the harsh reality needs to be laid out before the new people make the same mistakes. If they do not learn from history they are doomed to repeat it. That is no way to move EMS forward. Perhaps it is time for an adjustment in rules.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Yup maybe its time to go somewhere where an educational debate can occur. Sometimes the harsh reality needs to be laid out before the new people make the same mistakes. If they do not learn from history they are doomed to repeat it. That is no way to move EMS forward. Perhaps it is time for an adjustment in rules.

While some of the posts made may of been considered "harsh" by FEW, i thought the posts made by yourself, vent, rid, among many others were the backbone of this website, and I even learned from them. In my opinion there are people dubbed "trolls" present on this site, and it looks like the majority of the threads they start get locked. They are not in trouble. Maybe we should fight against "bone-headedness" instead of inntelligence?

Sasha

Forum Chief
JP got banned!? I have had several discussions with JP, which i considered to be extremely well civilized educated debates. I respected JP's views and respected him as a EMTLIFE.COM member. I do not understand why JP got banned!?

I know why he got banned. JP told me himself. It was a ridiculous reason.

Sasha

Forum Chief

You are getting rid of the contributing posters, the people who make this forum the number 1 forum in EMS. Take them away and all you have is what... lightbars, whacker stories and sthethescopes? You once said you want quality and not quantity. Exactly how much quality do you put to "Which stethescope should I get?" or "What job should I take?" or "lolololol my patients are stupid"

JP originally got nine infraction points for posting "IBTL" Really? Is that fair? Is that set in your rules?

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
You are getting rid of the contributing posters, the people who make this forum the number 1 forum in EMS. Take them away and all you have is what... lightbars, whacker stories and sthethescopes? You once said you want quality and not quantity. Exactly how much quality do you put to "Which stethescope should I get?" or "What job should I take?" or "lolololol my patients are stupid"

JP originally got nine infraction points for posting "IBTL" Really? Is that fair? Is that set in your rules?
In the past month you've created two threads related to EMS. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Rules, much like laws, require interpretation. Each judge may interpret the law differently, and each CL may interpret our rules differently. That's life.

Last edited:

Sasha

Forum Chief
In the past month you've created two threads related to EMS. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Rules, much like laws, require interpretation. Each judge may interpret the law differently, and each CL may interpret our rules differently. That's life.

That is not fair, and you continuely refuse to address that issue. A CL can issue a "non debatelable" infraction for something that makes no sense or doesn't deserve harsh treatment.

Would you like to know why I've created 2 threads? Certain moderators ride my butt about what I post and I've been afraid to post in fear of getting banned.

Should we, contributing posters, really be afraid to post because we aren't sure what will offend who?

I have to wonder, how many EMS related threads you've created this month? Or Chimpie? Or FFEMT? Seems you all post just to ban people.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
That is not fair, and you continuely refuse to address that issue. A CL can issue a "non debatelable" infraction for something that makes no sense or doesn't deserve harsh treatment.

Would you like to know why I've created 2 threads? Certain moderators ride my butt about what I post and I've been afraid to post in fear of getting banned.

Should we, contributing posters, really be afraid to post because we aren't sure what will offend who?

I have to wonder, how many EMS related threads you've created this month? Or Chimpie? Or FFEMT? Seems you all post just to ban people.

Let it go this site is not worth it. Let the whackers have it.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Let it go this site is not worth it. Let the whackers have it.

No, this has the potential to be a good site if all the contributing members aren't run off.

Status
Not open for further replies.