Zero Tolerance of Rudeness/Attacks/Inflammatory Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
I have to wonder, how many EMS related threads you've created this month? Or Chimpie? Or FFEMT? Seems you all post just to ban people.

I had actually looked that up and saw no medically relevant posts or threads as of recent. (hate to single anyone out, but only looked at chimp's who i seem to recall stating that he has "all but left EMS")

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I don't understand why you believe that EMTLife is a democracy and you have a right to debate infractions or administrator actions. While I would hope that you'd find our Community Leaders to be fair, there is no guarantee that they will make a decision that meets your individual needs or desires. In that case you're welcome to email us to discuss the issue, or find another community that better meets your needs.

If you're not certain that your posts will meet our community guidelines, then it's probably best to refrain from posting.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I don't understand why you believe that EMTLife is a democracy and you have a right to debate infractions or administrator actions. While I would hope that you'd find our Community Leaders to be fair, there is no guarantee that they will make a decision that meets your individual needs or desires. In that case you're welcome to email us to discuss the issue, or find another community that better meets your needs.

If you're not certain that your posts will meet our community guidelines, then it's probably best to refrain from posting.

It is not that I'm not sure if they meet community guidelines as spelled out in your community rules, it's that I'm not sure if they will meet each moderators indvidual standards that vary from moderator to moderator that do not necessarily blend with your community guidelines and seem to vary by what mood they are in when they sign in.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
In that case you're welcome to email us to discuss the issue, or find another community that better meets your needs.

Are you able to reccomend an alternative site? In all honesty in my opinion this has long been the best site, and hate to see it changing. I really do enjoy this site, and respect the monitors, but i do hate to see change for the worse

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It is not that I'm not sure if they meet community guidelines as spelled out in your community rules, it's that I'm not sure if they will meet each moderators indvidual standards that vary from moderator to moderator that do not necessarily blend with your community guidelines and seem to vary by what mood they are in when they sign in.
Again, if that's the case, than I'd play it safe and refrain from posting. Don't risk it.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Again, if that's the case, than I'd play it safe and refrain from posting. Don't risk it.

And you think that's okay? Pretty soon all posting members will stop posting in fear of what may or may not set someone off, except for the stethescope thread, the bp cuff threads, etc. How much quality do you get from those threads?

medic417

The Truth Provider

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
And you think that's okay? Pretty soon all posting members will stop posting in fear of what may or may not set someone off, except for the stethescope thread, the bp cuff threads, etc. How much quality do you get from those threads?

I have already seen a marked decrease in posts of any educational merit. If the quality and types of posts continue as they are going, maybe EMTLIFE could get a sponsorship, or partnership with a steth company? For it seems that steth threads are about all that is being tolerated here

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I have already seen a marked decrease in posts of any educational merit. If the quality and types of posts continue as they are going, maybe EMTLIFE could get a sponsorship, or partnership with a steth company? For it seems that steth threads are about all that is being tolerated here
At this point there is little value in continuing this thread. We are fortunate to have such a great community here at EMTLife. If you no longer find the forum useful, we hope that you find another community where you may share your knowledge and experiences.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
At this point there is little value in continuing this thread. We are fortunate to have such a great community here at EMTLife. If you no longer find the forum useful, we hope that you find another community where you may share your knowledge and experiences.

will this thread be locked?
IBTL will that get me an infraction point?
As an admin, could you help me to find where that is addressed in our community rules?
I do realize that successfully running a large site, with many members and visitors, such as this one, is difficult beyond my understanding, though perhaps you should try to step back and see both sides of the disagrement?

Sasha

Forum Chief

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief

Typically when a mod, decides there is little value in continuing a thread they lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.