Worst names for an ambulance service...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Actually I think I know it better than that...like it's my ride tomorrow...

tiffany9902

Forum Crew Member
300071_10150446612418465_129446698464_10429572_2096546867_n.jpg

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I think there was a study that read that most companies that are named after people's names or really authentic sounding were pretty successful, whereas some that use -care, ambu-, life, usually dont do well.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I think there was a study that read that most companies that are named after people's names or really authentic sounding were pretty successful, whereas some that use -care, ambu-, life, usually dont do well.

Your gonna have to site a source to make a claim like that. Or someone else can, I don't particularly care, but thats a pretty open statement.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Your gonna have to site a source to make a claim like that. Or someone else can, I don't particularly care, but thats a pretty open statement.

I heard it from a friend that read it... I'll ask him if he has a URL or site where that was read. ^_^

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
A source would be good but it sounds reasonable.

Long time players around here include Bowers and McCormick.

JPINFV

Gadfly
A source would be good but it sounds reasonable.

Long time players around here include Bowers and McCormick.

The funny thing is then you dive into Orange County and the respectable players are the ones with the generic name, such as Care and Doctors.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
The funny thing is then you dive into Orange County and the respectable players are the ones with the generic name, such as Care

Care Bears?? :p

JCyrus

Forum Crew Member
One of the biggest services in my home county is Mutual Aid Ambulance Service...

It sounded cool and official when I was a kid, but now it seems eh.

RuralMedik

Forum Ride Along
My personal non-favorite is "Chores & Errands Ambulance Service", near Richlands, Virginia. It's a half-assed convalescent service, and I've personally witnessed them smoking in their ambulances. It was started by some guy who had a "honey-do" service, and decided to carry the name over when he began his horizontal taxi service.

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
here in jersey i've seen Friendly Care, GEM, LifeStreams, AMBICAB, Medi-Taxi, Trans-Med, People Transport, Sunny, Virgo, Bell Medical, and my personal favorite FUCHS EMS. I'm sure there's more to see and I shall post more if I do. Btw Bullets I actually used to work for Always Caring or as we called Never Caring, but the decussion about them is a WHOLE new thread.

funny part is i work in an area where we have transmed and i also see sunny ambulances.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Lynch. Sure, it's a vanity name, but as I used to tell the nurses when they asked how to spell it, "Lynch, like the verb."

there was a joke going around about that company (look youre never coming home). tasteless yes, but still funny.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I recently saw "Greyhound Ambulance"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk