Whats your caffeine of choice?

EMTIsee

Forum Crew Member
I felt like being classy today and stopped for some Starbucks. Whats your coffee spot?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Dutch Brothers. Espresso. To the face.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
We have a couple go to coffee spots.
Circle K Columbia blend straight (iced this time of year).
Iced tea unsweetened.
Starbucks iced coffee heavy cream no sweetener when I have gift cards.
Dutch bros (the annihilator is awesome).

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Whatever has caffeine in it...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Chocolate milk at Peet's Coffee.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I drink coffee of various types from various suppliers. I'll drink Mountain Dew if that's all that's available. I avoid the energy drinks (like Rockstar, Monster, etc) like the plague.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Coffee in the morning from home, 20oz sugar-free Red Bull after lunch.

Last edited:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Red monster zeros

EMT2015

Forum Captain
A dirty coconut chai from my work'
From Starbucks: Iced carmelito or carmel macchiato for the starbucks peeps - this is only if I don't go to my work, or we're closed

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Monsters and coffee. I probably drink enough caffeine during the day to kill a small animal.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I don't like energy drinks and I don't like coffee. Not a big tea person so... I don't do much in the caffeine arena.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Be very careful with those. Just have to say that.

That's what's great about them is that you can be careful. You know exactly what you're getting, so it's easy to "titrate" your mental status.

You can also keep a close eye on your tolerance. For instance, I know that if I don't use caffeine for a week, I will get a really strong kick that will last ~6 hours from just 100mg (about the same as 8oz of coffee). On the other hand, if I'm using caffeine every day, the diminishing returns become obvious very quickly (need 200mg to feel the same way 100mg made you feel yesterday, etc). One might not notice changes like this if their MO is just "I'm tired, time to drink a coffee".