What is your most ridiculous call?

Epi52

Forum Probie
Guy called us out so we could put his "good times" DVD in & give him a coke.

See, it was 3am , & he's bedridden. His friends left, next best solution--call 911. Awesome.

Oh lonely people, sometimes they can be nice, although the paperwork can be a bit much.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh lonely people, sometimes they can be nice, although the paperwork can be a bit much.

Us: Cancelled by fire, no patient contact -- Fire: Call cancelled no patient complaint. (false alarm)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Us: Cancelled by fire, no patient contact -- Fire: Call cancelled no patient complaint. (false alarm)

Either cancelled on scene, no patient contact or no medical aid needed haha

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Either cancelled on scene, no patient contact or no medical aid needed haha

We call this a "no patient found", which refers to any situation where we are unable to find anyone who either wants or needs medical attention. This actually can extend to people with real medical problems who did not call for EMS (if a third party called for them) and do not want our help. If they called, and decided they didn't want help when we get there, we have to at least attempt an AMA.

Roheline

Forum Probie
Called to a 42 y/o male with a c/c "I think I'm having a heart attack".
We arrive on scene and find him lying UC on the living room floor.
We check vitals.... all WNL.
After establishing an IV, hooking him to the 12 lead and several other things
Um.. okay. We decided to do some "tests".
First the hand drop test(s)... FAILED (missed his face every time)
Tried inserting a OPA... FAILED (clenched his jaw tighter then a dolphins butt)
So we were pretty sure this guy is faking it.
We get to the ED and drop him off and give the story to the RN.
She turns around and walks into the Pts room and loudly says " Okay we are going to need to get his temp.... hand me the rectal thermometer"

The Pt. suddenly awakes, jumps up and yells NOO.

Turns out he was having problems with his soon to be ex-wife and was looking for attention.

Add a lot of booze to this and you have pretty much the same call I ran a couple weeks ago. Alas, the nurses we delivered him to were not so creative.

firefighter

Forum Ride Along
56yr Female, history of MS. called we respond around 0100. he chief complaint...... she wanted cranberry juice. she has been a frequent flyer lately as well

we have gone on her also for things like, can’t reach meds, want "MS cheese"?, needs help giving herself her auto injector. her husband is home every time

Arovetli

Forum Captain
Lady's husband calls one Sunday morning c/o chest pain. Upon arrival Lady states demons are making him sick to try to keep her from going to church. Lady requests we exorcise demons.

Fun times.

shannonlovesth

Forum Probie
One of my first calls as a cadet was for a allergic reaction. We get to the house and the guy is laying on the floor covered with a blanket doing this awful fake shivering teeth clattering act. He basically tells us "My girlfriend an I were wrestling and she bit me. I think I'm allergic to her tooth paste. I need to go to the hospital now" the crew then asked why he thinks he is having an allergic reaction his response "Because the bite hurts."

nineball55

Forum Ride Along
I was working the ER a couple of weeks ago when a young couple came in. The complaint from the man was a jammed finger. Upon questioning he said that they were having sex when he jammed it. I thought I had seen it all, but I'm still laughing over this one.

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
One of my first calls as a cadet was for a allergic reaction. We get to the house and the guy is laying on the floor covered with a blanket doing this awful fake shivering teeth clattering act. He basically tells us "My girlfriend an I were wrestling and she bit me. I think I'm allergic to her tooth paste. I need to go to the hospital now" the crew then asked why he thinks he is having an allergic reaction his response "Because the bite hurts."

Better one- The first call we got at ASU Student EMS was for an allergic reaction in one of the dorms. We got there about the same time as the Fire Dept. We get there and the girl is completely asymptomatic. She said she ate some Thai Peanut Noodles and, since she was allergic to peanuts, thought she was gonna have a reaction. The fire-medic asked if she had a car to go get benadryl. She said no. Then he turned to us and asked if one of us can take her. Good times...

tjobe440

Forum Ride Along
"It feels funny when I pee"

That was the chief complaint at 03:30 from a 36 y/o f.

Does it hurt? No. Any amb pain, are you pregnant? No. Does it burn or itch? No, just feels funny. How long? Off and on for a week.

I looked at my basic partner and said it was all his. Feels funny when I pee...grumble grumble mutter.

HAHA I get this all the time....we go on the call our ALS guys go it comes out to be something like this nature he looks at me and says have fun buddy Im gone for like an hour dealing with who ever I get back and he says now you know why I am a paramedic..I shake my head and go to sleep just waiting for the next BS call

Medic535

Forum Ride Along
A 20ish female feeding green beans to the snake that was stuck in her hoochie.

It goes downhill from there....trust me....

SliceOfLife

Forum Crew Member
Not my call but one a white-faced medic told me on returning to the base.

2 guys "shrimping" and one farted causing the other to pass out. I had to look up shrimping.:huh:

P.S. why is there no puke emoticon?

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Better one- The first call we got at ASU Student EMS was for an allergic reaction in one of the dorms. We got there about the same time as the Fire Dept. We get there and the girl is completely asymptomatic. She said she ate some Thai Peanut Noodles and, since she was allergic to peanuts, thought she was gonna have a reaction. The fire-medic asked if she had a car to go get benadryl. She said no. Then he turned to us and asked if one of us can take her. Good times...

She is probably the product of our current peanut allergy scare era. Probably doesn't even have a peanut allergy.

jgaddis82

Forum Crew Member
A firefighter friend shared this with me:
Pt: Yall have to help me. Everytime I lay down and close my eyes I feel like I'm going to pass out.
Ff : Dude? When was the lastime you slept?

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Had a pretty freakin good one the other day...

Toned out for ~80 y/o male for "Ill person." Race lights/siren to scene, drag stretcher, bag, monitor, and 3 crew members up steep driveway of nice bayside home, up into house, over thick carpet, into bedroom, to patient.

Patient AOx4 laying in bed supine with NO chief complaint. Pt daughter-in-law still on phone with 911 and hangs up on our arrival. Apologizing, she explains,

"My mother called."

Becomes apparent that patient has unsteady gait and hx of multiple falls. Pt states he knows he falls when he gets out of bed, so he stays in bed all day except to go to the bathroom and to take his meds. He is quite happy, comfortable, and alert. Wife comes into the room with walker, screaming at the patient.

"Now you talk to them!!? And you won't talk to me?! Now you HAVE to get out of bed and go with me, they'll make you! :angry:"

"I wasn't answering you because I was ignoring you!! :glare:" The husband says back.

Paramedic sits on bed with wife and it becomes apparent that the husband was ignoring the wife as she nagged at him to take her to Perkins. Wife calls 911 to try to force him to go to Perkins.

Husband signed refusal, and did not go to Perkins. :lol:

Swimfinn

Forum Crew Member
toned out for an 89 y/o F c/c of bed sores. pt lives with her son

son meets us outside with the answers to all our questions before we ask them, and a list of her meds when he states-

"yeah shes just really sick and i think she needs some help on her way out"

intermediate partner asks "why do you say that?"

the reply-

"well i think that her rigor mortis is starting to kick in"