What is your most ridiculous call?

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I don't get all the "free ride" to the hospital stuff. I get insurance through my job and I still have to pay a $250 copay on an ER visit. If my deductible isn't paid up for the year then that trip to ER can cost me anywhere from $2500 for self-drive or about $3500 for the big red taxi. :blink:

Medicare doesn't have any deductibles.....

Glucatron

Forum Crew Member
There have been many but what comes to mind right now is this: my company and the hospital have a (stupid) agreement that we can be utilized as a transport for people on alcohol holds to the detox center. Well I was in back with the pt this time. Two in the morning after a nonstop day and morning. Older lady, quite clearly inebriated. Especially obvious when she began masturbating and trying to talk dirty to me. Let me just say, she stopped, though she wasn't too happy about it. Ofcourse, I'm sure it was karma for a previous call that evening where I drove laughing my *** off while my partner transported a drunk that was hitting on him and making inappropriate motions toward him. To be fair, it was pretty funny. " stop doing that with your hand, m'am! That's inappropriate!" I know, I know. Double standards. But it was hilarious.

medic17

EMT-I/99, paramedic student.
Ofcourse, I'm sure it was karma for a previous call that evening where I drove laughing my *** off while my partner transported a drunk that was hitting on him and making inappropriate motions toward him. To be fair, it was pretty funny. " stop doing that with your hand, m'am! That's inappropriate!" I know, I know. Double standards. But it was hilarious.

where i work i could call the police on that one. if he touched me he could go to jail for a LONG time. (and we have the privilege of getting the tactical team involved. they are not known for being gentile.)

Glucatron

Forum Crew Member
where i work i could call the police on that one. if he touched me he could go to jail for a LONG time. (and we have the privilege of getting the tactical team involved. they are not known for being gentile.)

Technically, we could too. Though we are missing the privilege you have.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Somebody needs thicker skin if that's even a consideration. I'm not going to ruin someone's entire life because they were drunk and acting as such. If I'm actually physically assaulted, then sure (and I'm talking fight, not "wah he touched me"). But if you want everyone to worship your feet and cooperate 100% while acting like complete gentlemen, you're in the wrong profession. Get a tactical unit to "rough up" someone for that- or anything even in the ballpark of that... Are you f'ing kidding me...

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief
Different people have varying levels of comfort. You are no one to judge how someone else should react to "being touched." Not everyone can be a real world bada***.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Different people have varying levels of comfort. You are no one to judge how someone else should react to "being touched." Not everyone can be a real world bada***.

If simply being touched by an ALOC patient who is not responsible for their actions (They can't refuse medical care, so obviously they're incompetent and can't be held liable for their actions, even if they are drunk, right?) is reason enough for this person to push felony sexual battery, then she needs to go elsewhere, it's just a part of the job being touched on occasion. If they do it, then you restrain them and tell them no. If they're that belligerent and altered in the first place, they should have been restrained anyway.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

So you advocate completely ruining somebody's life because you got a little bit offended or your feelers hurt- when the patient was altered from their normal state no less? Then maybe you should join him in the search for a new profession. That's not being a "real world badass"; it's being a decent and understanding human being.

hoeyxd

Forum Probie
Homeless man in Lynwood doing Michael Jackson moves in the middle of the street at 3 am. Irritating but hilarious

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
It wasn't dispatched to me, but we went to check it out, along with the other 3 trucks that were on duty, and within 20 miles.

Transfer from Level I hospital to 2nd Level I for a psych consult:

20 y/o male; wearing a black cape, stating he is a vampire, and that he is 20 months pregnant. (I didn't realize vampires carried their babies that long, but I guess they do).

He had a black cape, and a small pot belly, couldn't get him to show his teeth.

Glucatron

Forum Crew Member
It wasn't dispatched to me, but we went to check it out, along with the other 3 trucks that were on duty, and within 20 miles.

20 y/o male; wearing a black cape, stating he is a vampire, and that he is 20 months pregnant. (I didn't realize vampires carried their babies that long, but I guess they do).

Awesome! You just made my otherwise dreary day at work a whole lot brighter! ^.^

alphamikefoxtrot

Forum Probie
Premium Member

Couldn't R/O Vampire due to time of day? Trauma bag needs wooden stake.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Never thought of that but it was daytime, but the ambulance bay is covered, and the receiving bay was a garage, so he probably wasn't ever in direct sunlight

Emtsgv

Forum Crew Member
94 y/o male, hard of hearing, going in for penile edema... i work with a female partner and she lost the rock paper scissor on this call. :D

This guy was funny and a great person, but he would fall asleep literally after one answer questions

me driving: almost there dadadada red bull yumm

partner: SIRRRRRRR ARE YOU SLEEEEPING?????? CAN YOU WAKE UP I NEED TO ASK YOU QUESTIONS......

(as shes like 1 inch from his head lol)

PT: ................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....zZZZZZZZZZZZ

partner: SIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR please wake up -_-....

pt: uhohh.... hi! :D

priceless this went on for about 15 mins while we transported

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
What did she need to ask him? You don't let people sleep during IFTs?

Most of my 911 patients are free to sleep too haha....