What does your agency ride in...

emtfarva

Forum Captain
Our Rigs

I work for Ah My Ride as an Eastern Mass Taxi (aka AMR, EMT.)

We have three types of transporting ambulances

E-350 Vans
E-350 Boxes
2500 Dodge Sprinters

The sprinters are new and we are trying them out because they get better fuel mileage, since our dispatchers tend to send us far , far, far, far, far,far away from our service areas. I can put 250-300 miles on a truck on a overnight shift. 12 hours. our 24 hour als transfer trucks can put 700-1000 miles a shift.

Our trucks are made by AVE and just go to www.amr.net to look at pics. they are all the same for the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
I work for Ah My Ride as an Eastern Mass Taxi (aka AMR, EMT.)

We have three types of transporting ambulances

E-350 Vans
E-350 Boxes
2500 Dodge Sprinters

The sprinters are new and we are trying them out because they get better fuel mileage, since our dispatchers tend to send us far , far, far, far, far,far away from our service areas. I can put 250-300 miles on a truck on a overnight shift. 12 hours. our 24 hour als transfer trucks can put 700-1000 miles a shift.

Our trucks are made by AVE and just go to www.amr.net to look at pics. they are all the same for the country.

It's AEV, American Emergency Vehicles. The sprinters are alos cheaper.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Ok, so here is one of our 15 new units. A 2009 Sprinter 3500, with Medix Specialty Vehicles module. Only worked 2 shifts in them, so I'm still undecided on them. Maybe if I feel better in the next few days I'll write up a real "review" of them.
FirstnightinaSprinter001.jpg

FirstnightinaSprinter002.jpg

Without flash on the checkerboard
FirstnightinaSprinter003.jpg

With flash
FirstnightinaSprinter004.jpg

FirstnightinaSprinter005.jpg

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
Those look decent, actually. Do you have any interior shots?

I wonder how they'd hold up in the snow... ?

Just curious.. you do realize you don't have any license plates?

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Those look decent, actually. Do you have any interior shots?

I wonder how they'd hold up in the snow... ?

Just curious.. you do realize you don't have any license plates?

The 90 day tag from the manufacturer is taped in the pt comp window, just can't see it with the lighting and tint on the window.

Snow....whats that?

FirstnightinaSprinter032.jpg

FirstnightinaSprinter035.jpg

FirstnightinaSprinter033.jpg

remote_medic

Forum Crew Member
is it just me or in that last picture does it look like the rear doors won't close? I'm hoping the stretcher just isn't all the way into the catch otherwise it'd make for a real hard time putting a traction splint on a patient (or putting a patient in who allready has one on).

PS...love the unsecured oxygen tank and other assorted equipment

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
is it just me or in that last picture does it look like the rear doors won't close? I'm hoping the stretcher just isn't all the way into the catch otherwise it'd make for a real hard time putting a traction splint on a patient (or putting a patient in who allready has one on).

PS...love the unsecured oxygen tank and other assorted equipment

No, the stretcher is latched in all the way, it is right up on the doors as you noted. Having already put a pt in one with a traction splint, place the pt on a LBB and then have that hanging off the head of the stretcher acts as an extension of the stretcher and allows the traction splint to rest on the foot end of the stretcher.

As I said, these were not the crew's first pick (or any pick for that matter), they were more feasable economically. :rolleyes:

p.s. That O2 tank was later properly secured after our first call.

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
Wow... Cramped.

I take my previous comment back. Time will tell how they do in terms of durability and longevity.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Grady, we have started going to all Medix rigs but we're using the chevy chassis. We have one type II sprinter and everyone hates it except the guy that has to pay for fuel. Let me know how you like that one after you get a little more time on it. I can't say that I'm all too impressed with ours but they're going down a few sizes from our older wheeled coach and braun boxes so that has a little to do with it. For the price the medix aren't that terrible I just wish they'd spend the money to remount the 3 braun boxes we have left.

OzAmbo

Forum Crew Member
All we have is sprinters. Some branches have F350's and Chevs left but they are being retired as quick as we can.

mercedes-315-1j.jpg

mercedes-315-1g.jpg

mercedes-315-1i.jpg

Dont have many of these anymore
f350%2010.jpg

2003-gmc-Sierra-1.jpg

Cant find a decent interior shot of the sprinter floating around on the net, but despite being "cramped" they are cost effective, carry what we need, and, more importantly, have far superior crash survivability for the crew compared to the tradition "Big Rig" and box design.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
So the next time I have a chance I will try to get some pictures but my company just replace with in the last year all of our Fords with Brand Spanking New Sprinters...

TraumaJunkie

Forum Crew Member
it has flashing lights and makes a noise that makes motorist unpredictable and it can go really fast

medic417

The Truth Provider
it has flashing lights and makes a noise that makes motorist unpredictable and it can go really fast

Must be old since that lost favor so long ago. :)

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
UVA medic, medstar one in savannah changed to gray ambulances a few years ago. I guess they used to be white with green. Now they are gray with orange.

spnx

Forum Crew Member
Ford Type III here. I like it except for the head clearance. Old Type IIs had more room for me.