What do you see right now?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
a6937b13-7404-ef27.jpg

At a fire stand by.

That second truck back looks like one massive arse tanker truck!

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
That second truck back looks like one massive arse tanker truck!

It is. Most of the rural departments here have a large semi tractor tanker. That specific truck is 8000 gallons. If you've got no hydrants, you gotta bring the water supply with you.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
It is. Most of the rural departments here have a large semi tractor tanker. That specific truck is 8000 gallons. If you've got no hydrants, you gotta bring the water supply with you.

The tanker like that in our county doesn't typically make it to the scenes, it's so slow moving.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This was a reported structure fire, and it was a saturday afternoon... Everyone was at the station and they brought everything.

Fire companies in Delaware have no shortage of apparatus.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'll have some urosepsis with a side of aspiration pneumonia please.

Also can you do something about my LPN that thinks I'm faking my unresponsiveness, temp of 104 and the fact a MD and RRT were waiting at the bedside for my arrival with succs, a laryngoscope and an ETT? Ok sweet thanks!

God some people make me so freakin angry. It's not like he was perfectly fine then at the flip of a switch was at the bottom of the drain.

Quote of the day from the above noted LPN. "we don't do CPR here"

Sorry I'm venting, it's been one hell of a morning and I'm wearing my paramedic intern pants today.

The combo of my preceptor and I has earned us the nickname "the perfect storm", our newish intermediate partner thinks we have a curse of dying people upon us.

The guy today, bilateral brain aneurysms yesterday, at least I'm getting better at snatch and grab jobs and working in the back while going code.

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'll have some urosepsis with a side of aspiration pneumonia please.

Also can you do something about my LPN that thinks I'm faking my unresponsiveness, temp of 104 and the fact a MD and RRT were waiting at the bedside for my arrival with succs, a laryngoscope and an ETT? Ok sweet thanks!

God some people make me so freakin angry. It's not like he was perfectly fine then at the flip of a switch was at the bottom of the drain.

Quote of the day from the above noted LPN. "we don't do CPR here"

Sorry I'm venting, it's been one hell of a morning and I'm wearing my paramedic intern pants today.

The combo of my preceptor and I has earned us the nickname "the perfect storm", our newish intermediate partner thinks we have a curse of dying people upon us.

The guy today, bilateral brain aneurysms yesterday, at least I'm getting better at snatch and grab jobs and working in the back while going code.

You forgot to post a picture bud ;)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
The picture you're supposed to upload in the "what do you see now" photo thread. :)

Wow I could have sworn I was in the directionless thread. Whoops!

Alright here's a picture for you then.

a6cd8a4f-c725-93ab.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Wow I could have sworn I was in the directionless thread. Whoops!

Alright here's a picture for you then.

a6cd8a4f-c725-93ab.jpg

I wanna see a picture of the box :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
a6cd8a4f-cded-2ea6.jpg

Don't mind my pillow that I borrowed from the hospital.

Everyone is slammed and we have been skirting around the action for the past 4 hours. Got all caught up on fisdap stuff, played with the pedi bag, worked on setting drip rates without our pos dial-a-flow, went over 12-leads, reviewed our more obscure protocols that we don't use too often, discovered we only carry 4g of mag between the bag and the box yet our protocol calls for 6g in 1000cc :wacko: , talked about high risk obstetrics, it's been a pretty solid learning day.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
a6cd8a4f-cded-2ea6.jpg

Everyone is slammed and we have been skirting around the action for the past 4 hours. Got all caught up on fisdap stuff, played with the pedi bag, worked on setting drip rates without our pos dial-a-flow, went over 12-leads, reviewed our more obscure protocols that we don't use too often, discovered we only carry 4g of mag between the bag and the box yet our protocol calls for 6g in 1000cc :wacko: , talked about high risk obstetrics, it's been a pretty solid learning day.

I like your boxes a lot more than ours :(

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Vigorous combustion.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333846391.452978.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333846391.452978.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 280

Fox800

Forum Captain
EMS_station_bedroom.jpg

Yes, a station. Foreign concept to those of you in SSM departments. :p

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
c6e4dc87-ef30-1163.jpg

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
a6cd8a4f-cded-2ea6.jpg

Did you really borrow the pillow or "borrowed" it? lol

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
You can't see it, but the ocean is on the other side of those houses. Nothing like chatting with your partner on the back deck on a warm spring night. Please excuse my dirty boots.

c6e4dde4-16d4-ed76.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I like your boxes a lot more than ours :(

I'll try to get a picture of our brand spankin' new unit that was in the garage when we got back at EOS. Well brand new chassis, remounted box that got a total refurb. Then you'll be really jealous! The window between the box and the cab is huge too! like 2'x4' and the lights in the back are so bright it feels like an operating theatre. Plus they have a spot light mounted on the roof of that cab that you can control with a little joystick in the cab.

Did you really borrow the pillow or "borrowed" it? lol

Really borrowed it. Pillows get shuffled around constantly. If the patient says they want a pillow when we ask during transport that one just stays with them and we take the one that was in the room that we dropped them off in. We somehow ended up with two from the hospital so I took advantage of the situation!

Between my 4 days as an intern then 2 days a week at work with a new Intermediate in his FTO period on the truck with us I spend 6 days a week, 12 hours a day riding in the box. Thank goodness I don't get motion sick!