Things not to say during a delivery.

Epi-do

I see dead people
It is getting very close to being over!!! I have all my clinical and field rotations completed, all of my skills are done as well. Tomorrow we have PALS and the following Monday is oral boards with our medical director. The class final is Aug. 11 and then we have PHTLS two weeks later. Our Registry practical is scheduled for the first Saturday in September.

I swear, it has seemed like both the longest and shortest year of my life, simultaniously. It will be good to get everything done and get through the testing so I can move on to actually functioning as a rookie medic.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread....

aussieemt1980

Forum Lieutenant
When patient's mother says "I don't know how she got pregnant - what are you doing looking out the window?" try not to reply with "The last time this happened, there was a star in the east and 3 wise men, and all I see is a bunch of weird guys - is it possible that it may explain it if you don't accept the original explanation?"

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
When patient's mother says "I don't know how she got pregnant - what are you doing looking out the window?" try not to reply with "The last time this happened, there was a star in the east and 3 wise men, and all I see is a bunch of weird guys - is it possible that it may explain it if you don't accept the original explanation?"
ROTFLMAO:lol::lol::lol:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
"oh jesus, we better go. call for backup. its coming. hold her down"
"my god frank, what the hell is that"
"its three legs"
"th-th-thats too many"

bonus points for anybody that can place the reference

emtjen15

Forum Probie
It's a girl!!
No, wait, never mind, it is a boy!!!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
"oh jesus, we better go. call for backup. its coming. hold her down"
"my god frank, what the hell is that"
"its three legs"
"th-th-thats too many"

bonus points for anybody that can place the reference

Hmmm Men in Black?

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Men In Black.....Now that is a funny movie! ^_^:p^_^

ulrik

Forum Crew Member
whats the red stuff all over your shirt?

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
i almost said this to my first pt......"youre not pregnant??? then whats this two legs and a penis coming out at me?

she swore to me that she wasnt pregnant lol

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
she swore to me that she wasnt pregnant lol

Then there is the girl that delivered in the ED - seconds after delivery, she started screaming that it wasn't hers. Her mother demanded to know what we had done to her daughter because that baby wasn't hers....:rolleyes:

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
good lord!! lol i dont feel so bad now