The Who's Working Out Thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Took the day off from running, too. My knee was telling me it needed a recovery day. Probably going to try and squeeze in some yoga before bed; the wife is insistent on me trying to make it a regular routine...

SunshineCamo

Forum Lieutenant
Ran 6.3 miles a a 8'5"min/mil pace, while pushing a jogging stroller. I'm pretty pleased with this. I was sort of trying for 10 miles (to practice for the Tower of Terror Ten Miler I'm doing in October) but I kinda pooped out. Maybe if I had started before 830 when it was so damn hot haha.

I know I can do ten miles on my own, but if I can do it with ajogging stroller I'll be able to do it even faster without it I figure.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Took tonight off after my crappy workout last night. I still feel crudy and wiped out. See how I feel tomorrow. I may just take the rest of the week off, but that idea makes me feel like a lazy bum.

Still losing weight and slimming down though!

Is it possible that you're doing too much training volume? Perhaps you're not getting enough sleep and your body can't handle the additional stress of training. Hope you feel better.

Just do some calisthenic drills before taking a shower, nothing too strenuous if you haven't worked out that day. It's important to do something on most days, even if it isn't very intense. Even walking for an hour or half hour after dinner can do wonders.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Is it possible that you're doing too much training volume? Perhaps you're not getting enough sleep and your body can't handle the additional stress of training. Hope you feel better.

Just do some calisthenic drills before taking a shower, nothing too strenuous if you haven't worked out that day. It's important to do something on most days, even if it isn't very intense. Even walking for an hour or half hour after dinner can do wonders.

Yup, that's what I've been thinking, so I made the executive decision to take the rest of the week off, gets lots of sleep, and just do "warm up" routines and stretching. I'm also getting to the point where if I don't do something I start getting antsy.

I've been spending the extra time at night reading to my daughter more than the quick 30 minutes before bed.

terrible one

Always wandering
Two days ago:

400m
6 tire flips
7 dead lifts 185lb
8 kettle bells 60lb
9 squats 185lb
10 full extension pull ups

Yesterday:

400m Run
10 Bar over burpees
20 Toes to bar
30 Push press @75lbs.
40 Kettlebell swings at 45lbs.
50 Double unders

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Sadly have been inactive for a few days. But today the wife and I went for a 4.4 mile hike!

Achilles

Forum Moron
Last Friday,
2 mile backpacking hike
Saturday: 21 mile backpack hike (about 7-8 hours)

Dan216

Forum Crew Member
Chest day! Not a lot of time so I'll be doing the pushup challenge here in a bit.

Which is five failure sets of pushups with five minute rests in between and you see how many you can get.

Last session I got 177, hoping to go up today.

Dan216

Forum Crew Member
I got 162 pushups in five sets. Wasn't surprised to have gone down.

Set 1: 44
Set 2: 33
Set 3: 34
Set 4: 26
Set 5: 25

I then kept doing sets til I got past 200 pushups. Ended up doing 206 and I'm feeling it today! :lol:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Heading out for a 10k on the trails right now :cool:

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Yesterday:

Front squats 6x3 w/ backoff set of 10,

Five rounds for time - ten burpee box jumps 30" box, twenty wallballs 20# ball

Romanian deadlifts 3x8, 45 degree hyperextension with 65# dumbbell 4x8, 95# barbell rollouts 3x25

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
10k felt awesome! Easily held a 7min/mi throughout :D Oh trails, how I love thee :)

SunshineCamo

Forum Lieutenant
Just did a little 3.1 mile run at a 8'59"min/mile. Hadn't been out in awhile. Just needed to shake off the rust.

terrible one

Always wandering
800m run
5 pull ups 45lb weight
10 push press 95lb
15 kettle bell swings 45lb
20 push-ups 45lb weight
800m run

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally got back to the gym for my normal routine. I've started to mix in some weight training, but plan to make it half my gym routine starting in about 2 or 3 weeks. I'm planning on 3 days of cardio and 3 days of strength training...and never cardio after legs! :p

Todays workout:

Bike @ 25 minutes mixed with 2 1-minute HIIT episodes and 4 minute cooldown
Stairmaster @ 25 minutes
Treadmill @ 10 minutes for cooldown

Morning walk back from the tire shop, then an afternoon walk back to get my truck..just under 2 miles.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Tried brazilian jiu jitsu today. Wow am I sore after an hour of work. Dripping in sweat and sore. I need to find the 120 a month and keep going!

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Went yesterday and today. Both workouts were the same

Bike @ 25 minutes mixed with 3 1-minute HIIT episodes and 5 minute cooldown
Stairmaster @ 25 minutes
Treadmill @ 10 minutes for cooldown

Each was followed by a nice long soak in the jacuzzi and plenty of stretching.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Our company has started a powderpuff football team. 2 practices a week until the game at the end of the month.

After the first practice I realized how much endurance I lacked.

So I hit the gym.

Yesterday I did 45 min on the elliptical and worked on legs.

Tonight ill do the same cardio and probably do dips, rows, and curls.

I really don't know what I'm doing in the gym, but something's better than what I was doing.