Anjel

Forum Angel
Oh and Zumba starts next week.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Our company has started a powderpuff football team. 2 practices a week until the game at the end of the month.

After the first practice I realized how much endurance I lacked.

So I hit the gym.

Yesterday I did 45 min on the elliptical and worked on legs.

Tonight ill do the same cardio and probably do dips, rows, and curls.

I really don't know what I'm doing in the gym, but something's better than what I was doing.

I'm not sure how your body responds, but for me, I never do cardio (signifigant amounts) on days that I do strength training on legs since cardio relies on the legs. I personally would end up falling down and killing myself

Keep it up and you will improve. What worked well for me was that I ignored weight training completely for the first 3 months and did solely cardio. In that time I managed to go from 15 minutes on the bike to what I posted now. An hour long cardio workout is now standard for me. I've decided to keep it at this length and increase the intensity. I do HIIT sessions during the bike, and I up the step rate on the stairmaster for 1 5-minute period. It's not much for some, but it's a far cry than my 15 minute base-rate 3 months ago

And just for a reference. 3 months ago when I started I bought a heart rate monitor because I function well when I have something to focus on. In this case it was keeping my heart rate below certain rates. Which for me at 33 was 146. then for the second part, at least now, I tried to keep it up. Well now I have a hard time keeping my heart rate up high enough, and for the latter part I've seen my peak heart rates go from 170 to 150! For the former I would work at going easy because my heart rate would creep to 150 but now I average at rate below 130 (126-ish usually). I'm to the point were I can out cardio my legs.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hmmm maybe that's why I can barely walk today. I didn't do a ton of strength training, I was more trying to familiarize myself with the equipment but boy am I sore.

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll stick to cardio for a while. I have a normally fast resting heart rate. 90-100, and I become tachycardic very easily. I'm not sure what a good target HR would be. I have my annual appointment with the cardiologist coming up. I'll have to see what he recommends.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmmm maybe that's why I can barely walk today. I didn't do a ton of strength training, I was more trying to familiarize myself with the equipment but boy am I sore.

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll stick to cardio for a while. I have a normally fast resting heart rate. 90-100, and I become tachycardic very easily. I'm not sure what a good target HR would be. I have my annual appointment with the cardiologist coming up. I'll have to see what he recommends.

First I will say, and I'm sure you already know this, listen to what the cardiologist says in regards to heart rates and exercise because if you have a cardiologist the game has changed for you. With that said check out this link: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Getti...ity/Target-Heart-Rates_UCM_434341_Article.jsp

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Bike @ 25 minutes mixed with 3 1-minute HIIT episodes and 5 minute cooldown
Stairmaster @ 25 minutes
Treadmill @ 10 minutes for cooldown

Each was followed by a nice long soak in the jacuzzi and plenty of stretching.

Did my usual today

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Started lifting again. Haven't had the time, but I started losing some serious progress. March- August= lost 60 lbs (256 to 196). Quit lifting in August and August- now have gone from 196- 195. So, 1 lb... Ha.
Did a somewhat light one today. Don't make fun of the light weights, haha. I'm at less than half of what I was lifting before the break :sad: Takes so long to build it up and such little time to lose it.
2 x 30- 60 lb bench presses at (10 each at tight, medium, wide grips)
1 x 30- 75 lb bench presses; same as above
2 x 10- 45 lb dead lift
1 x 5- 60 lb dead lift
2 x 10- 20 lb incline dumbell presses
2 x 10- 20 lb hammer curls
2 x 15- 65 lb rows
1 x 10- 50 lb preacher curls
2 x 10- 25 lb bent over rows

Feelin' pretty good. Upper body today means legs tomorrow though... :sad:

Anjel

Forum Angel
My partner and I have been going every night at work when things slow down.

Yesterday was a leg day.

15 x3 leg press--130lb

15x3 leg curls---- 90lb

10x3 leg extension----50lb

15x3 hip abduction--- 190lb

10x3 hip adduction--- 90lb

If only my Arms were as strong as my legs lol and even my legs aren't that great. But I'm getting there.

Dan216

Forum Crew Member
How about working out when you guys are sick? What do you do?

I decided to take the last couple days off, and feel bloated and fat.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Probably not a good idea if you have a fever or a respiratory ailment. Particularly if you go to a gym. It wouldn't be nice to spread it all around after all.

I did a search and came up with this

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I should add that fever is why I've not got yesterday or going today. I don't want to spread the cooties.

terrible one

Always wandering
400m
5 tire flips
10 pull ups
10 thrusters 95lb
10 burpees
40 squats

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
5 miles of hills. Need to work on my core; I felt pretty unstable the last mile or so.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel like a fat lazy loser. I have not worked out in nearly two weeks. I still feel like I'm fighting some weird cold and have been just wiped out. blech.

terrible one

Always wandering
Snatch @ 70% 2x3
Push Press to OHS @ 70% 1+1x3
Front Squat @ 70% 5x3

21-15-9
Kettle Bell Swing
Toes to bars
400m

Anonymous

Forum Captain
squatted 455 yesterday. on the third rep i pushed so hard i felt and saw a flash, then i got real hot and flush. Once i racked the weight I got a squeezing pain in my head.

That is probably normal right?

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
squatted 455 yesterday. on the third rep i pushed so hard i felt and saw a flash, then i got real hot and flush. Once i racked the weight I got a squeezing pain in my head.

That is probably normal right?

The benchmark for "really wrong" is a prolapsed colon, so just avoid that.