The Who's Working Out Thread

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I called today a no go. I'll go tomorrow morning. Migraine and something I ate es no bueno.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Today's workout: Run. A chill 4 miles today to shake off the vacation dust :)

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Skipped yesterday because of my migraine, so I went this AM

Jacuzzi this AM because of mysterious sore back muscle (one that's not been sore before. could be bad, but most likely good I think)

Bike @ 25 minutes + 5 minute cool down
Treadmill @ 12 minutes while waiting for my love/hate relationship stairmaster
Stairmaster @ 25 minutes + 2 minute cooldown
Treadmill @ 8 minutes for a cooldown to a HR <100

Stretches and foam roller then will hit the jacuzzi and more stretches this PM before bed.

1. I am amazed at the increase in my cardiovascular capacity
2. seriously, I am astounded
3. Don't ever get fat and out of shape kids because those cheeseburgers will catch up to you! :lol:

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Skipped yesterday because of my migraine, so I went this AM

Jacuzzi this AM because of mysterious sore back muscle (one that's not been sore before. could be bad, but most likely good I think)

Bike @ 25 minutes + 5 minute cool down
Treadmill @ 12 minutes while waiting for my love/hate relationship stairmaster
Stairmaster @ 25 minutes + 2 minute cooldown
Treadmill @ 8 minutes for a cooldown to a HR <100

Stretches and foam roller then will hit the jacuzzi and more stretches this PM before bed.

1. I am amazed at the increase in my cardiovascular capacity
2. seriously, I am astounded
3. Don't ever get fat and out of shape kids because those cheeseburgers will catch up to you! :lol:

That's kind of what I did to drop 40# after finishing medic school - I would do 10-15 mins each on the treadmill, stepmill, and jump rope. Other days were track sprints for variety

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Does working a code count as cardio?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No, setting up the Lucas does not count as cardio... ;)

Spoiled brat lol. We don't hav those.

On another note... Bought one of those door mounted bungee cord home gyms to use at home and base. Done about an hour on it in fifteen minute blocks between calls

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
No, setting up the Lucas does not count as cardio... ;)

Sometimes one forgets the LUCAS. As awesome as they are, I find their utility is greatly diminished when they are safely in the back of your truck as you're bouncing down the road with a patient that suddenly needs CPR. Whoops.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Sometimes one forgets the LUCAS. As awesome as they are, I find their utility is greatly diminished when they are safely in the back of your truck as you're bouncing down the road with a patient that suddenly needs CPR. Whoops.

I have been on 7 full arrests where the Autoapulse was attempted...each time it fails...every.single.time.

I think chest compressions should count as HIIT!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I have been on 7 full arrests where the Autoapulse was attempted...each time it fails...every.single.time.

I think chest compressions should count as HIIT!

LUCAS>Autopulse. My old service used the Autopulse, and they consistently had batteries fail, bands have to readjust mid compression (mid squeeze really), and had expensive, disposable bands. My new place uses the LUCAS 2, and it's infinitely better. Long battery life with consistent compressions, and as long as it fits on the patient, it's good to go. My only problem with the LUCAS is that there aren't more of them on BLS ambulances in the area.

SunshineCamo

Forum Lieutenant
Ran 3.1 miles at a 8:34min/mile. Just a little run to finish the day. I'm trying to get my distance back up but it's hard to find the time!

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Ran 3.1 miles at a 8:34min/mile. Just a little run to finish the day. I'm trying to get my distance back up but it's hard to find the time!

My 12 month goal is an 8 minute mile and the ability to do 5 continuous miles.

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Took the night off which makes two consecutive days off from the gym. I've not had two days of in a row in 5 weeks so I think I'm due. I also didn't get much sleep the night before.

So I hit the jacuzzi for 20 minutes, stretched, and am going to hit the hay early.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Was supposed to be my off day, but got guilt-tripped into working out at the station :(

CF workout:
-Push press (10 reps down to 1) and kettle bell swings (1 up to 10)
-6 200m sprints, 1min recovery.

Yesterday's was a 4mi trail run :D Was movin' good, felt great yesterday :p

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got back from my workout.

25 on the bike
15 on the stair master
5 on the treadmill as a cool down.

I managed 3 HIIT intervals on the bike, but the last 2 were only 30 seconds each. I don't know what's up by I just couldn't pump the workout out of me. I just felt "off" tonight. Low energy, muscles far weaker than normal, and the endurance way down.

I did do a quick jog and walk around the neighborhood last night instead of a gym session last night because it was my anniversary. Felt fine last night.

I just feel odd. Like I've got a hidden sinus infection or something wiping me out. Meh, maybe I need to up my calories for a couple of days and get some good sleep.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Yesterday - Klokov Complex, worked up to three work sets @ 95kg (209#)

Then 21-15-9: 70# kettlebell, swings and goblet squats, time 4:08

The Klokov:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwYbiZwbkuY

Today, 5 rounds for time: 400m run, 12 pull-ups, 500m row, time 26:18

Then Turkish Get-ups with the 53# kettlebell

OP
OP
Jambi

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Took tonight off after my crappy workout last night. I still feel crudy and wiped out. See how I feel tomorrow. I may just take the rest of the week off, but that idea makes me feel like a lazy bum.

Still losing weight and slimming down though!