The Beegee's

rayemtjax77

Forum Probie
The new AHA guild lines state that chest compressions should be done at a rate of 96-98 beats per second. So... the next time you are doing compressions on a patient, sing the song Staying Alive by the BeeGee's or Another one bites the dust!

;) Just food for thought!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This has been discussed many times before, but don't forget Queen - Another One Bites The Dust as a CPR rhythm.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo[/youtube]

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
my instructor told us to go by the bee gees.....great song too.....

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
my instructor told us to go by the bee gees.....great song too.....

Maybe because doing CPR while singing "Staying Alive" presents a better image to the family/public then doing it while singing "Another One Bites the Dust". :p

OP
OP
rayemtjax77

rayemtjax77

Forum Probie
this is true.. I can just see it now.. Family member walks in on the whole ER staff jamming out to Another one bites teh dust on the stereo... LOL

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
Maybe because doing CPR while singing "Staying Alive" presents a better image to the family/public then doing it while singing "Another One Bites the Dust". :p

LMAO.....i need a goo laugh thanks:lol:

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
This has been discussed many times before, but don't forget Queen - Another One Bites The Dust as a CPR rhythm.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo[/youtube]

i guess i'm kinda sick cause that's one of the songs i want played at my funeral. the other one is the clip from old school where will ferrell is singing at blue's funeral. lol.

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Here's another tune to use.

I don't think he was thinking EMS when he wrote this but after listening to the lyrics maybe he was. :p

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjTZvk2j6m0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
lmao.....well a 1:04 he says and i quote"stop to pick up more freaks"...well i think we could make room for the hot freak in the pink bikini lol

reaper

Working Bum
The new AHA guild lines state that chest compressions should be done at a rate of 96-98 beats per second. So... the next time you are doing compressions on a patient, sing the song Staying Alive by the BeeGee's or Another one bites the dust!

Wow, those are some fast compressions!;)

It should be 100 compressions a minute. Any song that has a 100 beats a minute will do the trick. But, trust me. You will not be thinking of a song, while doing compressions!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
OH NOOOOOO!!!!! NOT THE DISCO!! ** Airwaygoddess faints...... ^_^

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief

I know that AHA keeps changing CPR standards, but this is ridiculous! Forget Disco or Rock... AHA want's Techno. At that rate, we will be buring through EMS personal. Can we say "Workmans Comp" from a muscle pulls! You know, one of the criteria for stopping CPR is rescuer fatigue. :p

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Keep in mind Disco died.

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
You will not be thinking of a song, while doing compressions!

I've played this song in my head while doing compressions....with the advent of iPods, you can play the darn song while doing CPR.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I've played this song in my head while doing compressions....with the advent of iPods, you can play the darn song while doing CPR.

you kids with your music.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Keep in mind, that your patient has a 94% chance of dying. Just think, if it was not for Disco many of you would had never been conceived.

R/r911

I was conceived in 89, born in 90 ;)

Edit: I feel so young :(

Buzz

Forum Captain
It should be 100 compressions a minute. Any song that has a 100 beats a minute will do the trick. But, trust me. You will not be thinking of a song, while doing compressions!

I've actually done the song method to keep pace while doing compressions between shocks...twice.

For the record, I was thinking of Another One Bites the Dust. First thing that popped into my head.