the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well, apparantly I learned, that according to my Captain at least, it is "inefficient" and a "waste of time" to measure Breaths per Minute by actually counting the breaths in a minute. Like to him, apparently even the "breaths in 15 sec x4" is too long and I should be able to on 100% every patient, give a number after a few seconds observation of two or three breaths...

And that our Pt with slight difficulty breathing with audible wheezes and low O2 sats that we put on Oxygen, but otherwise stable and we were just monitoring until the ambulance actually arrived, is no exception .....

Respirations are always 16 anyway... or at least that's what everyone documents in the PCR.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I’d posit that a “count” of breaths per minute is a waste of time and we really only care about assessing effective ventilation or a rate that’s TOO FAST or TOO SLOW at the BLS level.

I think it’s time better used doing something that matters.
Awww man, don’t confuse the poor fireMAN.
@Jim37F, I kid;)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Respirations are always 16 anyway... or at least that's what everyone documents in the PCR.
Don’t be silly, they fluctuate between 14 and 16 with every other vital.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I’d posit that a “count” of breaths per minute is a waste of time and we really only care about assessing effective ventilation or a rate that’s TOO FAST or TOO SLOW at the BLS level.

I think it’s time better used doing something that matters.
I’d add the one off of, having recently had an RSI with little to no patient information, shoddy at best, and a BGL that simply read “HI” (yes, I said Hi back), a baseline respiratory count was what I utilized to calculate post-induction trends on the ventilator.

We didn’t really have any other way of knowing said pts “norm” and they were technically presenting with a somewhat erratic respiratory pattern. And their ETCO2 was all over the place.

Granted, this is an exception to the rule, however, something to perhaps still keep in mind.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I just intubate and vent everyone. Then I know exactly what their rate it.

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
I just passed ACLS and PALS, those two combined with my PHTLS has earned me a $0.60/hour pay increase. All it is is waiting on the cards for ACLS and PALS and then uploading them into my work profile

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I just passed ACLS and PALS, those two combined with my PHTLS has earned me a $0.60/hour pay increase. All it is is waiting on the cards for ACLS and PALS and then uploading them into my work profile
All of those cards should have been available to you before you left the class. ACLS/PALS utilize the ecards now.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang, guess I was spoiled at my last apt. $1500/mo (600sq ft) with utilities included. Or at least I spent 6 years there and no one asked me to pay an additional electric bill on top of rent and no one turned off my power for lack of payment lol

Got a call from the rental manager at my new place today. Apparently the actual Owner was complaining to them they were still getting the power bill to them for the past three months, so I get to set up an account with the power company and start paying that (just like a real adult!)... actually they want me to pay the entire previous three months as well

Which is going to be fun... (especially on top of the increased monthly rent (from 15 to $1800/mo) for basically the same size apt)

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
Dang, guess I was spoiled at my last apt. $1500/mo (600sq ft) with utilities included. Or at least I spent 6 years there and no one asked me to pay an additional electric bill on top of rent and no one turned off my power for lack of payment lol

Got a call from the rental manager at my new place today. Apparently the actual Owner was complaining to them they were still getting the power bill to them for the past three months, so I get to set up an account with the power company and start paying that (just like a real adult!)... actually they want me to pay the entire previous three months as well

Which is going to be fun... (especially on top of the increased monthly rent (from 15 to $1800/mo) for basically the same size apt)
Remind me how long you been there?

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief

How did they not correct that after the first power bill came in? I’d have noticed and fixed it immediately.

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
2 and a half months now
Then that's how long you should be paying for, not 3 months. Even that half a month usage before you got there ain't your responsibility for, so either the actual owner or the previous tenant should be paying for said half a month. It's fair that you pay for what you use, although it's still crappy that it hasn't been brought up until now. They should have fixed that way earlier

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Then that's how long you should be paying for, not 3 months. Even that half a month usage before you got there ain't your responsibility for, so either the actual owner or the previous tenant should be paying for said half a month. It's fair that you pay for what you use, although it's still crappy that it hasn't been brought up until now. They should have fixed that way earlier
It turned out the previous tenant actually paid the entire month of July, so HECO wouldn't even set up the account to start early than Aug 1, so in the end, my Landlord only has me on the hook for Aug and Sept bills (~$170 ea) (though they DID originally want me to pay the half of July as well)

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
If it was me I'd have told them to kiss my gluteal muscles, but in significantly less forum friendly verbiage. Then again I have zero patience when people try to do me dirty like that

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I remember once before autopay kicked in for electricity I payed my bill and all the initial taxes and charges. Then auto pay kicked in and charged me for my first month and initial taxes and charges. In short they sent me a letter stating that I overpaid, I called and just had it on my account. Basically got like 3 months of "free" electricity.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
“Celebrated” ten years at AMR Colorado Springs last month. Today I get an email saying they want me (PRN) to pick up four 12 hour shifts a month for the next four months.

I work a 48/96 schedule (with a little OT) already.

I won’t be doing this. Full timers are required to pick up two extra 12s a month. They get a 250 dollar bonus plus the OT on those shifts. I don’t get the stipend for the first two shifts.

Today might have been my last day here.

Last edited: