the 100% directionless thread

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Gonna be a bedside ICU nurse after about 30 years....it's the end of the world as we know it.....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
wow, just had a no hitter. Except for a quick trip to the Maintenance Shop/Storeroom and the grocery store after, our truck essentially had square wheels all shift long lol

Well I did come in an hour early yesterday morning at the request of one of the off going guys (who had an early tee time lol) and in the last few minutes of their shift we caught a call before I was officially on shift so I guess it still wasn't a true no hitter? Except for the rest of my guys haha

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I got to read the incident report for that as it was one of our fixed wings that was involved. He never got the engines fully started.
That's still pretty good (bad?) he was able to start them, he must know a thing or two about planes, aviation buff as I am I'd be sitting there trying to find a YouTube video on startup procedures lol

I wonder what his plan was, like did he think he'd actually be able to take off and fly away somewhere? And why take the air ambulance?! (Unless maybe it was just the same type of plane he already knew?)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Gonna be a bedside ICU nurse after about 30 years....it's the end of the world as we know it.....

Better than a critical care ophthalmologist though, right?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's still pretty good (bad?) he was able to start them, he must know a thing or two about planes, aviation buff as I am I'd be sitting there trying to find a YouTube video on startup procedures lol

I wonder what his plan was, like did he think he'd actually be able to take off and fly away somewhere? And why take the air ambulance?! (Unless maybe it was just the same type of plane he already knew?)
Not really. If you flip all the switches forward it pretty much does everything for you.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This and a global pandemic?

*looks outside to look for giant asteroid heading our way*

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey, my Raptor shears got used today! Not by me, but the hospital lol (rode in bagging an agonal patient, and at the hospital the ER was hooking him up to their stuff and wanted to cut his shirt, couldn't find her shears and I was just there with mine.... lol)

Downside was that even though the "care home" (not even a SNF, just a house with some sort of "nurses" or at least caregivers) who couldn't tell us anything about the patient because he'd only been there 2 days, but assured us he was full code and vaccinated....

So besides the shears, hospital pulls him up, and oh, he was COVID positive 2 weeks prior AND has a DNR on file....

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yeah...no kidding...closing rooms and cancelling electives means me with way less to do...while they're drowning in the units.....I'd have to be some kind of schmuck to just jump in the pickup and leave...so, I'll pitch in...
I have thought about what I would do if it got that bad here, and I would do the same thing for the same reasons. Fortunately, even though the hospitals around here are all full, staffing AFAIK is ok and we are still doing cases, so I've been spared.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Great, the screen to my phone suddenly just died out of nowhere, and it's not responding to restart/reset commands. Tho it does buzz when plugged in and trying to restart so hopefully it's just a screen error... all the guides I could find are all at the same step... "take it into a tech" -_- of course I'm at work today, and I have a background gig tomorrow as well so that's juuuusssst great....

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah...no kidding...closing rooms and cancelling electives means me with way less to do...while they're drowning in the units.....I'd have to be some kind of schmuck to just jump in the pickup and leave...so, I'll pitch in...

Sighhh...can't believe this is still happening. Let me know if you want any pointers on simultaneously being ICU MD/RN/RRT/UA/EVS on your anesthesia machines while trying to help derm/pmr/ophtho in the ICU and leading an ortho prone team.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I'm working on getting my CEU's done because my state cert expires in March. Go figure that all of the ones I've found are work days. I feel bad about having to request off twice in one month.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I’m picking up shifts to make up for the days I was out. I’m doing at least 60 hours this week. I think I’m working every Sunday this month.