the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Also, for as bad as it sounds, I've watched 0 MLB after the Atlanta all star game stunt. Sometimes politics just go too far towards ruining good things.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
We didn't go super light on the Fentanyl. He got 100 + 100 a bit later. Didn't touch his pain a bit. That 25mg cherry on top put him to a nice drowsy, but easily roused state. Got him breathing easier with the fractured ribs too.
Yeah...you prolly can cut your fentanyl in half with that 25 of ketamine...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Get to work, find out that I’m in a van, luckily it’s the only one that has a seat that’s movable enough so I don’t need a cushion. Check the main O2, it’s empty. Go to swap it out. There’s no spare main O2 in the O2 room and out of the two remaining vans, one has no O2 tank at all and the other won’t even turn on, let alone unlock the back doors. Luckily one of the 911 transits was available (it just needs an oil change) so we’re in that. If it wasn’t here, I have no idea what we would have done if the transit wasn’t here. Is this kind of crap exclusive to private EMS in general?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah...you prolly can cut your fentanyl in half with that 25 of ketamine...
Yea this is a use/dose range I have to get more familiar with. I've seen it used in a lot of other instances, but those have been RSI's and chronic pain infusions.

Definitely gonna tweak my approach to how I use it next time just a bit to see how 100/25 does.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
It’s AMR and I’m 98% sure that the truck with the empty O2 tank has a leak.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Get to work, find out that I’m in a van, luckily it’s the only one that has a seat that’s movable enough so I don’t need a cushion. Check the main O2, it’s empty. Go to swap it out. There’s no spare main O2 in the O2 room and out of the two remaining vans, one has no O2 tank at all and the other won’t even turn on, let alone unlock the back doors. Luckily one of the 911 transits was available (it just needs an oil change) so we’re in that. If it wasn’t here, I have no idea what we would have done if the transit wasn’t here. Is this kind of crap exclusive to private EMS in general?
consider it practice. your chosen field, by definition, is unpredictable. the good news here is that all this wasn't discovered in a life threatening situation. sounds like your system worked....

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Some days can be frustrating like this. I've had days where I had to go to multiple ambulances looking for something like a pedi-mate, restraints, or seatbelt for the gurneys. Sometimes the ambulances needed to be jump started. If you aren't going in service because the company isn't adequately equipped or staffed, that's on the company and not on you. It's kind of typical for companies to not have too much extra of anything and sometimes they do take a punch for it.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It’s AMR and I’m 98% sure that the truck with the empty O2 tank has a leak.
Pro tip: when you’re new, it’s not really cool to talk bad about your company everyday. Trucks break, things leak, it’s the same no matter where you go. It’s just part of it, even at the ol wealthy fire department I’ve been in three ambulances in the past three shifts. You could do a lot worse than working at just about any AMR operation.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I’ll keep that in mind.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Pro tip: when you’re new, it’s not really cool to talk bad about your company everyday. Trucks break, things leak, it’s the same no matter where you go. It’s just part of it, even at the ol wealthy fire department I’ve been in three ambulances in the past three shifts. You could do a lot worse than working at just about any AMR operation.

Beat me to it. Ol wealthy FD forces my *** just about every week yet I don't complain.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I’ve got some maturing to do I admit.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Beat me to it. Ol wealthy FD forces my *** just about every week yet I don't complain.
I'm definitely glad I dont get it like you. I'm currently at the top of the list, but as soon as I get held or 2 weeks passes I cycle to the bottom again.

CALEMT

Keeping true to the directionless form. The amount of blackberries I have harvested off my two bushes in the past two weeks is nothing short of substantial. I think when all is said and done I'll have probably 4-5 pounds of berries.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently one of our guys has a mango tree that's ripe and just dropping a ton of mangoes into their yard, he started bringing in a bunch of the extras and now we have more than we know what to do with. Guess we'll find out just how many mango smoothies we can drink ... 😆

Also today is my last shift before a bit of vacay. Get off work tomorrow morning, go home, grab my bag, call an Uber to the airport, then I'll be back in So Cal for a couple weeks

CALEMT

Apparently one of our guys has a mango tree that's ripe and just dropping a ton of mangoes into their yard, he started bringing in a bunch of the extras and now we have more than we know what to do with. Guess we'll find out just how many mango smoothies we can drink ...

Bruh. You're from So Cal. Marinate some flap meat. Grab some mangos, jalapeños, and red onion. Bam taco night with some kick *** mango salsa.