the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually gave someone labetalol yesterday (twice). I don't know that I've ever actually given it before.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I actually gave someone labetalol yesterday (twice). I don't know that I've ever actually given it before.
Incidentally, I just finished the online portion to ACLS and found that the AHA does in fact support the administration of Labetalol for hypertensive CVA patient's. Incidental to this, I find the AHA courses less and less appealing bi-annually.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I probably give labetalol at least once or twice when I'm not working in triage or psych areas of the ED. Sometimes it works well, sometimes not so much.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My last head bleed 20mg brought him from 215/100 down to 94/74… he didn’t get anymore during the transport

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I've never used the beta blockers. Called for orders on a chest pain that was reading STEMI (posterior), but I was fairly certain was just rate induced ischemia. Doc said no then did exactly what I called and asked to do.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Tfw you have to educate your landlord on state law. He is selling the property and somehow came to the idea that the lease did not have to be honored by the new owner. I think it's genuine ignorance and I sent him the information concerning the relevant statute and where to find the layman's interpretation from the WI DATPC website. Sounds like he's going to check with an attorney, so hopefully we can solve this simply and without rancor

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I'm not even attached to the property; it's cute, but at the end of the day it's just a roof over my head. I am working on the issue mostly for backbone exercise and for the other tenants

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So work landed a big contract and there’s a cake. Any day that starts with cake is a good day.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Who goes hiking when its 118, 2 full arrests in 2 weeks on the trail!
Well that sucks. We definitely haven't had any full arrests on trails that I know of, but more than a few tourists needing flown out for dehydration and other similar medical (when they're not falling 30 feet off somewhere...)

Pre pandemic they said we averaged maybe one hiker (or swimmer) search and rescue a day? Now with the current post pandemic tourist surge (even though we're still not quite fully open yet) we're averaging three rescues a day...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
vDE6jNE.jpg

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Well that sucks. We definitely haven't had any full arrests on trails that I know of, but more than a few tourists needing flown out for dehydration and other similar medical (when they're not falling 30 feet off somewhere...)

Pre pandemic they said we averaged maybe one hiker (or swimmer) search and rescue a day? Now with the current post pandemic tourist surge (even though we're still not quite fully open yet) we're averaging three rescues a day...
We're in the middle of a popular state park, and do a lot of remote rescues, but until this year, people have been smart enough to stay home on those high triple digit days.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Man, following the news out of Surfside, FL. Gnarly situation, I can't imagine responding to that. Looks like Oklahoma City or even the World Trade Center....
At least those had a reason for collapse, this... just no apparent reason, just up and fell in the middle of the night. Boggles the mind.