the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
This is the week I find out if the months long interview process pays off. My first Director’s position is on the horizon.
Best of luck!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Looking at the calendar...I have 24 days worth of ski trips on the books through the first week of April. While moving to a new a city. Yas winter, lets go.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My vacation station hasn't had much in the way of calls last few shifts ugh, other watch had a fire response (but they didn't get to play lol)

But today, I'm driving, filling in for our Engineer (he's taking the Captains promotional test), and we've caught two alarms so far (yeah yeah I know) still got to do some response driving for the first time in forever.

And I actually looked up the local community College EMT program online. They do show a Transition Course for NREMT to State License. BUT that program sheet is dated 2018, and I've heard guys say it's no more... BUT there is an informational session, and the next one is in a few weeks, on a day I'm not working. Free to attend... so I know what I'm doing that day!

Unfortunately it looks like if I have to take the full semester long program, I'll have to take pre reqs first and pay like 4 grand 😶 which sounds more like a medic program cost? But there was also a blurb on one of the pages saying State EMT is eligible for NREMT and NR AEMT tests...

Guess I know what questions I'm gonna ask in that information session!

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Please post when you find out. It sounds like Hi has a bizarre program. Why would it cost so much and have pre reqs?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Please post when you find out. It sounds like Hi has a bizarre program. Why would it cost so much and have pre reqs?
Yeah, I've heard State EMT is closer to NR Advanced EMT standards, but I'd have to ask to find out for sure. I do know our EMS EMTs at least are able to start IVs and give some meds like Zofran (idk if that counts as Medic supervised, or if that's standard State BLS... but they can def do more than we can as FFs).

Turns out I just missed an info seminar earlier this week, next one is beginning of March

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, sounds like EMT Advanced, II, or whatever the flavor of the level is now.

Last edited:

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I absolutely despise January/February weather. Crappy weather means I have to do my required yearly education.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Doing this with my kiddos.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Hey folks. Been a bit.

So. Ankle is mostly better. After much therapy and drs, I got cleared For full duty.

I got a different FTO and restarted my training. I have 4 more rideouts until I'm cleared.

My FTO says my PCRs are really great and I only needed few pointers to fix them.

I've been getting better with my lifting and body mechanics.

I'm kinda excited to get my own partner. Hopefully they're cool.