the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
If anyone knows about worker's comp lawyers, I could use some advice.

I called one and according to them, the insurance company is part of my company so they can't be sued, but if I wanted to hire them to get me treatment, I'd have to agree to only get 45% of a paycheck? Does that even sound right? How can anyone live off of that?

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
After much deliberation, soul searching and colourful rhetoric (the latter was aimed at the family’s CFO) I used my HD store credit and whatever Pro coupons I had and got an M18 18V kit. Nothing too fancy, just a drill/driver and an impact wrench but damn, it was worth every penny. 1500lbs of torque, oh boy. No more stripped screws. If only I had more time to finish restoring the 113-series table saw I’ve worked on for the past 5 months...

Last edited:

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
After much deliberation, soul searching and colourful rhetoric (the latter was aimed at the family’s CFO) I used my HD store credit and whatever Pro coupons I had and got an M18 18V kit. Nothing too fancy, just a drill/driver and an impact wrench but damn, it was worth every penny. 1500lbs of torque, oh boy. No more stripped screws. If only I had more time to finish restoring the 113-series table saw I’ve worked on for the past 5 months...

I left home and all my father's tools. I have a few screwdrivers and bits. Nothing battery. I don't have have a counter sink or spade bit.

Left the welder behind. The nice Milwaukee set, his old dewalt.

Time to get my own tools.

Qulevrius

I left home and all my father's tools. I have a few screwdrivers and bits. Nothing battery. I don't have have a counter sink or spade bit.

Left the welder behind. The nice Milwaukee set, his old dewalt.

Time to get my own tools.

If you don’t do anything professionally, a 7-piece cordless Ryobi kit is all you need. It’ll do the job just fine if you don’t abuse it every day. With me, it’s a different story since I moonlight as a handyman and had outgrown the low end tools quite some time ago. But even so, I’ve gone by with the bare essentials for years and the only power tools I had was a Hitachi corded hammer drill and a cordless skilsaw.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Haven’t been chatting much, or logging in much lately. Too busy.
Wife is knocked up, expecting two boys. Theoretical due date 31Jan but she’s doing the preeclampsia dance and at 33w5d is a “next time her BP goes over 145/95, game on!”

Generally getting tired here. A couple of good people are getting ready to leave, and the schedule just keeps wearing me down. I understand why almost all of the new parents rapidly eject from here. Browsing options for semiretirement in Turkey, Cyprus, Spain (coastal) or theoretically back to the US with a bunch of paperwork and wife visa. With better timing, the jobs notice for an instructor at Ft Sam for SOMC would be interesting. US EMS, yea no... I know I got too spoiled here for that. :)

If the permits/ licenses weren’t so bad, moving to Bodrum and opening a small “scotch style” distillery would be game on for October. :)

But hey, cheers!

Attachments

• B6A38610-99D2-480A-A10B-360692DFD086.jpeg
    B6A38610-99D2-480A-A10B-360692DFD086.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
If you don’t do anything professionally, a 7-piece cordless Ryobi kit is all you need. It’ll do the job just fine if you don’t abuse it every day. With me, it’s a different story since I moonlight as a handyman and had outgrown the low end tools quite some time ago. But even so, I’ve gone by with the bare essentials for years and the only power tools I had was a Hitachi corded hammer drill and a cordless skilsaw.

Well, I like to make professional grade things, if given the chance. But I'm not snap on budget ready

Qulevrius

Well, I like to make professional grade things, if given the chance. But I'm not snap on budget ready

We’re not talking about the quality of the work you can theoretically do. Doing stuff professionally means you’re being paid for what you do. Your tools are an investment that lets you tackle bigger jobs and do it quicker so you can move on to the next one and make more money.

Besides, power tools don’t make you a good craftsman. People over the centuries had made spectacular things with hand tools, and you can get everything you need for less than $200 if you’re willing to look around.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Haven’t been chatting much, or logging in much lately. Too busy.
Wife is knocked up, expecting two boys. Theoretical due date 31Jan but she’s doing the preeclampsia dance and at 33w5d is a “next time her BP goes over 145/95, game on!”

Generally getting tired here. A couple of good people are getting ready to leave, and the schedule just keeps wearing me down. I understand why almost all of the new parents rapidly eject from here. Browsing options for semiretirement in Turkey, Cyprus, Spain (coastal) or theoretically back to the US with a bunch of paperwork and wife visa. With better timing, the jobs notice for an instructor at Ft Sam for SOMC would be interesting. US EMS, yea no... I know I got too spoiled here for that. :)

If the permits/ licenses weren’t so bad, moving to Bodrum and opening a small “scotch style” distillery would be game on for October. :)

But hey, cheers!
Heyyyyy brother! Congratulations!
PM inbound.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang, burned my bacon this morning. Good thing is that means it's just extra crispy and still good!

And I discovered a forgotten about carton of eggs in the back of my fridge. Anyone know a way to see if they're still good? If they are, I kinda wanna use them up before taking off for vacation next week, I know I could just make a big scramble, but anyone know any good egg recipes to use them all up?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Isn't that a hard boiled vs not hard boiled thing?
It might be but it is supposed to work for non-boiled eggs also. If they sink in the water then they are supposed to still be good. If they float then they are bad.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
It might be but it is supposed to work for non-boiled eggs also. If they sink in the water then they are supposed to still be good. If they float then they are bad.
I see. I hate eggs. Eggo's though.....;)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

This. And yes it works.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I had Eggos with my eggs and bacon 😋 will check the floating thing... they all sank, so I guess they're still good. But now to figure out how to use up a dozen and a half eggs with only a couple off days from work before vacation, not sure they'll still be good in another 2-3 weeks time..

Also I tried the Sherry version of Coq au Vin. Unfortunately I ran out of tomato paste so the sauce ended up a lot more soupy than I wanted, and even the Sherry was the same brand of Cooking Wine as the red and white (Holland House) I felt like it was stronger... taste was good, but if I was gonna do this at work I'd stick with the white.