the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

bigbaldguy

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Had to renew my medic license this past month. I live close enough that I can (literally) just drive over there and back and not waste a morning or an afternoon. So... I went over there and didn't exactly realize that I'd chosen one of their 2 weekly "Same Day Service" events. I wasn't first in line, nor was I the last... but once I'd turned in my paperwork, about 10 minutes later, I walked out with a renewed P-card in hand.

Oh and while I was there, I also learned that they're going to an online system, so no more "same day service" events after October 2018. Depending upon how they have it set up, it could very well be a great thing.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Good practice then...

We got 'em to the OR at least. GSW to the neck, PD doing CPR. Packed the neck with quick clot gauze. Ran it in as a trauma arrest. Partner got the ET, fire medic riding in got 2 16s, ran fluids and 2 rounds Epi. Got the pulse just as we dropped the cot wheels in the ED bay. Doc came out and let us know PT had a 112 systolic going into the OR.

bigbaldguy

We got 'em to the OR at least. GSW to the neck, PD doing CPR. Packed the neck with quick clot gauze. Ran it in as a trauma arrest. Partner got the ET, fire medic riding in got 2 16s, ran fluids and 2 rounds Epi. Got the pulse just as we dropped the cot wheels in the ED bay. Doc came out and let us know PT had a 112 systolic going into the OR.

Yup they're dead. Good job though. If you get the chance follow up with the patient outcome. If they beat the very long odds and pull through I'd be interested to hear about it.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Let it be known that I hate moving.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Side note, decided to experiment and set a Narcan drip on today's overdose. Holy **** have I been missing out. It. Worked. BEAUTIFULLY.

Used a Narcan drip a few times in the ICU. Great for people who OD's on XR or long acting narcotics.