the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
That awkward conversation when you have to explain to your patient that the reason he can't feel his leg is that it's sitting in a box of ice next to you.
Womp womp....you see, what had happened was...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Bro financial aid that. The longer you wait the more you lose.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Banana

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Well today is going well got one call this morning which turned out to be just a unresponsive patient who took too much opioids and some narcan got them breathing a bit better. Got a nap in after only sleeping about three hours last night, and got about 12 more hours till I’m off. Got a great girlfriend who is cute, smart, and likes me a lot (why I don’t know, unless it’s my excellent culinary skills). All in all I guess things are going great, except for the skink (tiny lizard) that has taken up residence in my bedroom, can’t catch it to let it back outside. Still haven’t run another call since this morning so hopefully that streak continues for the rest of the shift. Got a new rifle built and waiting for me at the gunsmith, going to use it for 2 gun and lowlight rifle competitions at his range, maybe elsewhere if I find more competitions that would be fun to enter. Not sure about going to 3 gun, no shotgun yet, and I’ve got a ok collection of rifles and pistols so far.

bigbaldguy

Well today is going well got one call this morning which turned out to be just a unresponsive patient who took too much opioids and some narcan got them breathing a bit better. Got a nap in after only sleeping about three hours last night, and got about 12 more hours till I’m off. Got a great girlfriend who is cute, smart, and likes me a lot (why I don’t know, unless it’s my excellent culinary skills). All in all I guess things are going great, except for the skink (tiny lizard) that has taken up residence in my bedroom, can’t catch it to let it back outside. Still haven’t run another call since this morning so hopefully that streak continues for the rest of the shift. Got a new rifle built and waiting for me at the gunsmith, going to use it for 2 gun and lowlight rifle competitions at his range, maybe elsewhere if I find more competitions that would be fun to enter. Not sure about going to 3 gun, no shotgun yet, and I’ve got a ok collection of rifles and pistols so far.

Did you name the skink yet? Make it a pet problem solved.

bigbaldguy

Don't be dramatic. It's only like the fourth time. Fifth tops. :)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Someone on here has to be keeping count...

bigbaldguy

I picture an unwashed bearded recluse sitting in a dark basement with a whiteboard cackling with glee as he adds another hashmark to the BBG sighting tally. Kinda sad really.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
C2/C3 Hangman's fracture with rapidly progressive soft tissue swelling makes for an interesting intubation.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
How’d it end up? I imagine that it probably required a smaller tube than normal.

There was a pretty big hematoma just below the thyroid cartilage with swelling extending high into the neck which caused some external compression and displaced the glotis which made for an interesting view. But was able to place a bougie and standard sized tube. Also was significant chest trauma with displaced manubrium fracture and bleeding.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
C2/C3 Hangman's fracture with rapidly progressive soft tissue swelling makes for an interesting intubation.
Can't imagine how that goes. Had a hanging relatively recently with a scarf and that destroyed her airway anatomy. Also, beg for a tube and you'll get a disaster...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well it’s my last week on the ambulance full time. Definitely going to feel weird